Missing Parts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 1031Prime, Aug 23, 2006.

1. 1031Prime

1031Prime Dreamer

Just got a new Primus with Unicron Head.
    Opened him with joy, only to find out that he is missing a finger.

Lesson to learn is that I need to be content with what I have, and I told my very concerned girl friend that I am happy enough to have her :) 

That aside, I emailed Hasbro from their official site.
    Can someone share about their experience about missing parts in new toys?

Thanks!
    1031Prime

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Is he missing the middle finger? That would seem appropriate.

Never heard of that happening before. I've never experienced any parts missing (knock on wood).

3. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knew someone who got, I think it was alternators Mirage but I', not sure, that had a missing gun. He called up Hasbro and they checked the parts list, they didn't sell replacements. When he went to return it to the store, they wouldn't exchange it because it was open they would only give him 75% of the value in store credit. Needless to say, he checked all his toys before he took them out of the box from then on.

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I have an unopened Skyboom Shield team from Armada, where Mirage is missing his right arm.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I got a Korean Magmatron with no eyes. Luckily, I was able to get it replaced.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Sounds like your Primus messed around with the Yakuza.

7. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    DECEPTICON INTRUDER IN MY BRAIN!!! DECEPTICON INTRUDER STEALS MY EYES!!! *passes out from lack of blood to cranium*

8. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

huh

Ya, yami4ct that makes no sense Hasbro would have sent him the pieces, or told him to return it to the store the first thing more likely. Unless the guy did something incredibly stupid there is no way any store would not refund 100% of the value. What magical store did this friend of a friend go to that they would not return his money or exchange it. I was thinking about doing the same thing with the Titanium bases.

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

*can't resist urge to make joke about Hasbro giving you the finger.*

That was T-man. The store in question was toywiz.com...... and T-Man isn't the only one who'd advise against dealing with them.

10. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    you may wanna check your box that Primus came in or anywhere around the house, I noticed that too when I got mine and so I checked the box and turned it upside down and voila his f*ckin middle finger

11. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess I'm lucky, I've had TF parts assembled wrong, & the first Cyberton Bendy Prime I purchased had 2 right arms. The only TFs I've ever gotten with missing parts were from eBay. (Parts found later). I had a TF fall apart n the shelf once. The Laser Rod TFs are held together by a metal hook and a strong rubber band. (poor design) Anyway, one Decepticon Laser Rod had a miss-cast metal hook and when the band slipped off it, the TF fell apart in halves. Fortunately, the TF was still for sale in stores, so I picked up another one.

12. 1031Prime

1031Prime Dreamer

Thanks for the tip!!
    That's exactly the first thing that I did and I was not as lucky.
    The missing figure for my case was the index finger, since I found that the fingers are all detachable (and likely that's why it is missing, during the assemble process), I ripped Primus' little finger out to place it in the index finger slot, to make it less noticible for now.

1031Prime

13. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    So my story is not really about receiving a missing part, but more so trying to get a figure fixed.

Some time ago (during Energon) I was looking (playing) with my RID prime and noticed that the rubber wheels have split. Unsure of what to do I phone the Hasbro Canada office and said I would like to get this fixed or replaced. They were very good to give me a postage sticker and return auth to get the toy replaced. So I packed up my 50 dollar, fav toy ever, in a box and sent him off. I finally received a package from Hasbro, but it was a little smaller than it should have been. After opening it I found a RID Prime alright, but it was one of the spy changer ones....OMFG I was sooo pissed. I phoned the contact at Hasbro told them the issue. She was surprised, but went and ordered it again. 2 weeks later another Spy changer. At this point I was a little worried cause I thought w
    I would never get my guy back, but they finally got the right one.
    A year after that I fond OP and Magnus at a used toy sale and bought tem for part incase it happens again...

14. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Hasbro will tell you they are sending a packing label and that you should send back the Damakged toy and IF they one in stock they will repalce it. Otherwise they will send you a toy of equal value as a replaement.

Did you check the Box for a lose finger? That's a small finger and a big box.

15. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

My Alts Optimus that I got in the April shipment from BBTS was missing his gun. BBTS is awesome, though, and gave me the choice of shipping it back for a replacement or keeping it and receiving a $20 store credit.

16. davetherave

davetherave Banned

I think alot of the TFs in the LAM movie have missing parts also lol.

17. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Yeah I emailed hasbro about my Alt Prowl and Skidz, they send me pre paid package label and I sent them out. About a month later I got my Prowl and Skidz back and about week after that i got a Sideswipe and Jazz. It was pretty cool but did really help me with my Prowl and Skids problem.

18. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

Yeah, he checked. He already said so.

19. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya. Now I remember reading that here. Ya I never buy anything there anyway, because they list things that don't exist.

20. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never had any missing parts, but my BW10th Rattrap has two left arms. :redface2: