Missing parts out of box?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jixie, Jul 25, 2009.

1. jixie

jixie not colonel sanders

After a terrible time finding human alliance Bumblebee, grabbed the lone one from a TRU today and... he's missing his hand. The left one-- the only one-- strait out the box.

Forum consensus seems to be buy a 2nd toy and replace the 1st (after doing some QC review on the 2nd of course). It's unlikely I'll be able to pick up a 2nd one locally, which means turning to the interwebs.

But before that, I was wondering: has anyone tried contacting Hasboro for replacement of defect products/missing parts? Is that pretty much a waste of time, or worth a shot?

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Hasbro will just ask you send them the whole figure and then they'll send you something back of the same value, which may not even be the same figure you sent them.
    Just return the figure to the store for a refund and wait for another to show up.

3. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

I bought a Sideways figure that turned out to have a bent fin on his head. The store won't take back things they can't sell as new. So, I figured I should contact Hasbro, I used the 'contact us' form on their website; explained the situation and asked them to send me a new head for Sideways. They sent an email back, asking for my address. I sent them my address. I got an email, promising that delivery would take "approx. 14 days".

That was 5 weeks ago.

Does that sound worth a shot to you? :) 

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sadly, this.

5. fateastray

fateastray AnakRepublikMalukuSelatan

I had this, back in '96. I was only 9 years old, wasn't much I could do! It was on a Beast Wars Rattrap. A mediocre figure, anyway, never complete. Oh, the tragedy.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stores will take the figure back if it's broken out of the box. Why are your chances of getting another one locally slim?

I would wait until you find another one locally, buy it, bring it home and open it and if it's okay return the broken one with the second receipt. I would do this because in the rare case the second one is also broken you can scrap together a complete one between the two and return a single broken one.

7. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    Someone probably took the hand so they could have two hands on their Bumblebee like in Peaugh's mod.

8. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    this

9. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Sometimes if you ask, when you return things to the store, they can hold one from the next shipment they get in. I'd say return it, and ask if they could hold you one from the next shipment of HA since it wasn't your fault. Really sorry about your missing hand!

10. jixie

jixie not colonel sanders

Thanks all for the input. I went ahead and ordered another online, will return one of them after reviewing the second in case I need to swap any parts ;) 

We don't get much of a selection where I live, and right now it's not possible for me to be driving out to better stocked locations. More importantly: inevitably if I'm looking for something and don't buy the first one to come across, I will never, ever be able to find it in stores again. Gets me every time!

It's probably true. I noticed the box had been re-taped, but the packaging was otherwise pristine so I didn't think much about it at the time. It's possible he was missing the hand from the factory -- these things do happen -- and someone opened it, found the problem, and returned it before me... yeah... possible...