Missing in Trades

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by payres, Sep 2, 2006.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What comics would you like to see reprinted in Trade Paperback form ?

John Byrne Alpha Flight Essential would be nice, but a colour reprint would be even better.

More Roger Styrn scripted Avengers reprints - Under Seige is out of print as it is. Some Byrne era Avengers would be great too !

West Coast Avengers LS reprint

A 4th Simonson Thor volume to collect together the issues that he just wrote without drawing.

More paperback X-Men Masterworks but especially X-Men vs the Brood - It may be reprinted in Essential but Uncanny X-Men 154-158 & 162 - 167 need a colour reprint - the 3 issues in between would be nice but not essential.

Kitty Pryde & Wolverine - desperately needs a reprint. If you throw Spiderman & Wolverine in there too I'll be happy.

New Mutants 98-100 - Liefield when he was good. 100 is superb. * Blow this, I need an Essential Byrne Alpha Flight more !

Essential Rom - loved the old Rom stories that were printed as back up in UK Star Wars.

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i wanna see:
    the Electric Superman titles....cause i liked him

the Ben Reily Spider-Man titles...Ben Reily ROCKS

Prime (from Ultraverse)...was one of my favorite titles.

the Legion Quest (Pre-AoA tilte)...cause i never got to read it, and AoA rocks

the Onslaught saga...just because

the titles between AoA and Onslaught...why not

the original Ultimates titles: Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Avengers, Captain America (everything's getting reprinted cept for Avengers which i wish they will)

3. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I'd love to see chronological Omnibus reprints of all the major crossovers.

4. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Yes.

This would be especially great for me as I got into the Clone Saga late and am mising a good chunck of it.

And I like the idea for the crossovers too.

5. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

Iron Man: Armor Wars. Cool as hell, but it was only collected once in a long out of print TPB. Admittedly, it's not very hard to find the individual issues, but still, it'd be nice to have it in all in one place.

Also, more Gruenwald Captain America.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Marvel and DC have a set of "Crossover Classics" books (Vol 1 - 4) that collect some, but I'm not sure which are in 1 - 3 and it's definitely not chronological.

My picks...

- Ruins (Marvel) - Written by Warren Ellis and fully painted by...some other guy, presents a version of the Marvel universe where everything that could go wrong, did. A beautiful comic all around and the individual issues are virtually impossible to find.
    - "Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion" (DC) - Just an unofficial name for it. Collects all of the Crisis on Infinite Earths tie-in issues from other DC comics, as well as any older issues referenced in CoIE.
    - Carnage: Mindbomb and Carnage: It's a Wonderful Life (Marvel) - Bizarre one-shots starring Spider-Man's enemy. Great art and interesting, crazy stories that deserve to be collected in a single trade.
    - Not likely to happen in a million years, but I'd love a trade that reprinted Adventures of Superman #466 and 468 (origin of the Cyborg Superman), as the issues are extremely hard to find. (DC)
    - The Trial of Superman (DC) - It's been put out in TPB once, but is out of print.
    - Spider-Man: The Complete Clone Saga (Marvel) - Collection of the full Clone Saga and important related comics (Osborn Journals, 101 Ways to End the Clone Saga, various Ben Reilly miniseries, etc).

7. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I meant chronological within each book. Like the Age of Apocalypse Epic trades, except all in one volume and oversized liek the other Omnibi.

8. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Ya know what? for me it would have to be "The MAXX: in one volume". ...Yeah, that'd be good. Mmmmm.

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

My wish for reprints - every X-Men title chronologically and in color. C'mon, in these days when manga series are available in their entirety and it's usually easy and cheap to find volume one of anything I wish more American comics would follow suit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having 40+ years of continuity as long as those stories are easily accessible for new readers cheaply and easily found from the very beginning issue to the latest issues or trades with NO GAPS INBETWEEN! Seriously, why are Essentials not in color and why aren't we up to the Essential volumes that reprint up throught Uncanny X-Men #450 yet?

10. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

There is actually a 40 years of X-Men DVD set that has every issue of the original X-Men series (now called Uncanny) from the first issue until some time last summer, including all the Annuals.

11. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Another one that came to me at work: Slingers.

This was such a great book, and with all the gang popping lately (like Prodigy in Frontline), it'd be a great chance for people to find out about these kids. Plus, I'd really like to see how they pull off the first issue in trade form.

That, and I'd like an alternative to constantly re-reading my originals. I want them to last.