Missing Constructicons(ROTF)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cosbydaf, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the deal is with Scrapper, Overload and Hightower? I heard somewhere they may not be made as regular style figures.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We have not seen toys larger than the legends figures to date. My feeling is we won't see larger scale toys for those figures.

3. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    never know...the line is planned to last well into 2010, theres tons of time for a figure to be made. Its just hard for figures like overload and hightower, becuase there hasn't been any real design for a robot mode outside of their legends figure

4. Cosbydaf

This is what I was thinking. They're probably going to make figures of them eventually, they're just going to drag it out into next year.

I think out of Overload, Scrapper, and Hightower it's highly probable that we would at least get a figure of Scrapper, as his robot mode was featured in the movie. And if that's the case, doesn't seem to be any reason to leave out the other 2.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    If they get their own molds, it will be lumped into the 2010 product (more likely than not at least), with the likes of Deluxe Ratchet, Lockdown, Dirge, etc.

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess is there will be no robot figures for Scrapper, Hightower and Overload to force people to buy the Devastator sets.
    Similarly, you have no option but to buy the more expensive Leader Jetfire unless you are satisfied with FAB Jetfire.
    Similarly, there has never been a deluxe Ironhide and you have to buy voyager Ironhide unless you are satisfied with FAB Ironhide.
    In TF1 toys, many who wanted to avoid buying FABs were probably forced to buy FAB Frenzy since there was no deluxe Frenzy.

7. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe Scrapper will get his toy, and Overload might since his robot mode appeared in tie-in media outside the Legends toy. But Hightower probably never a robot mode, as his Legends toy seems very improvised, as did the other few Constructicons (like the blue/yellow dump truck) who appeared to form Devastator.

8. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    I would guess we will get them all. Hell, we got Longarm from the last movie, twice.

9. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a good feeling we'll at least see Scrapper.

10. Optimus Crab

Optimus Crab Post-Apocalyptic Autobot

This. I don't know about the others since, as FlamingUnicron said, they don't have real robot mode designs, but Scrapper's art has been seen and frankly, I can't see Hasbro passing up such a cool design. I think we'll see a voyager or at least a deluxe Scrapper and maybe the others if they have their concepts locked away in some Hasbro vault.

11. Cosbydaf

I really hope we get Overload and Hightower, if only because the Legends class don't look detailed enough to do their crazy designs justice.

I'd say Deluxe class for the 3 of them.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Hightower never transformed into his own robot mode in the movie, neither did Overload.

I would not be surprised if Scrapper got a toy.

13. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Robot replica's frenzy for me. I also hope they make a replica wheelie, the deluxe is cool but just isnt that accurate.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think Scrapper has a good chance of being made. His design looks like it would translate into plastic-form very easily. Hightower is the one I can't see being made at any size class larger than the Legends. Though it would be interesting to see, imo. Overload, imo, should definitely be made. His bot-mode didn't appear in the movie, but that didn't stop Soundwave from getting a larger than legends toy.

Really? Any links to some examples? Not doubting you, I just can't remember seeing his bot-mode, other than the Legends class toy of him.

15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

after seeing the Hightower legends class figure I'm pretty sure he ws there. Remember the scene where he dramically busted out of the sand and killed by Jetfire?

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    ^ That was Scorponok

I'm doubtful that we'll see Hightower as a toy this time around, but I hope they'll revisit him for TF3.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overload in a story book:

Attached Files:

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, now I remember seeing that. Not much, but at least it's something. A four armed TF toy would be great, imo. Especially if they made him as a Voyager, though I'd be ok with a Deluxe (it'd be better than just the Legends class version).

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Scrapper will definitely get a figure, it'll just be a while. And with all the new types of designs Hasbro has been pumping out, I can't really see them passing on Hightower and Overload. They're just too unique looking to not bring to "life" for fans.

20. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

it was a joke about how animal like the robot mode was if youve seen it