Missing 3P CHUG figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sammael, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Looking at my combined Hasbro/Takara/3P CHUG collection, I'm not missing all that much... but there are a few figures whose omission is quite baffling. Let's see:

1. Reflector (legends size): the only one even close is the ancient Perfect Effect PE-11 SFX Scouting Force, which is tiny. There is an oversized KO in rainbow colors (approximately deluxe sized), but the quality is awful and it's too big. How is it possible that the only properly-sized CHUG reflector we got was a BotCon exclusive?

2. Shockwave (voyager size): now, as I've pointed out many times, I have a custom CHUG Shockwave I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. But it is HIGHLY ILLOGICAL that we haven't see a single voyager-sized Shockwave from any 3P company. This is one of the most popular season 1/Marvel comic characters with a fairly easy (read: made up) flying space gun alt mode to boot, and yet no one wants to tackle him.

3. Blitzwing (voyager size): both Hasbro's attempts are deeply flawed with one or more modes severely compromised. Surely, UT or one of the others can come up with something much better?

4. Sky Lynx (supreme size): the CW voyager scales OK with really small figures, but looks rather pitiful next to anything deluxe-sized or larger. We have yet to see a single Sky Lynx 3P figure in any scale. How? Why?

5. Omega Supreme (supreme size): other than the Armageddon upgrade kit and the WFC-styled PlanetX release, we haven't seen a modernized Omega that is about the same size as his nemesis, the CW/UW Devastator.

6. Huffer and Pipes (scout size): yeah, we got the iGear ones but they were old legends-sized and thus incompatible with the new larger legends (which are close to the old scout size). Hasbro's attempts are... best left forgotten.

7. Junkions (deluxe size): what with being popular army builders, you'd think there'd be more attempts at creating original Junkions in addition to Maiden Japan's kits.

8. Outback (scout size): we're probably going to see him as a TR Brawn repaint/remold but man, I'd love to see a properly sized Outback.

9. The other Throttlebots (scout size): not much to say here, I love Toyworld's Nottlebots but they are too big compared to the other minibots. Seeing as how they can just be reshells of each other, this seems to be a no-brainer.

10. Beachcomber (scout size): again the official legends figure is too small whereas iGear Duneraker is arguably too big.

11. Female Autobots (deluxe size): other than MMC's Elita-1 (which is arguably too small), what about Moonracer and Firestar? Greenlight and Lancer?

Any other core characters you're missing from your collection and/or would want to see better represented?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Crono0001

Crono0001 Well-Known Member

I think the new Blitzwing is a great toy

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sammael

News Credits:
    He is no doubt better than the T30 version, but I'd really like a Blitzwing that (1) wasn't a headmaster, (2) wasn't as hollow, and (3) didn't have a really crappy tank mode. It perplexes me that the G1 toy has better alt modes than both recent official figures.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

Beast Wars.

I also would love some Deluxe-size versions of Moonracer, Firestar, Nautica, Velocity, Override and others in the same scale as the last Generations fembots like Arcee.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    Rodimus Prime and Shockwave would be the big ones. And while I kind of like PE Ratbat, I wouldn't mind a new one

6. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

Don't get us IDW fans started on how many obscure/original-to-IDW characters we need.

(cough RUNG VELOCITY ROTORSTORM PYRO GUZZLE SUNDER FROID AMBULON PHARMA TYREST FIRESTAR FULCRUM SPINISTER MINIMUS AMBUS ATOMIZER cough)

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sammael

News Credits:
    I recently got nuRiD Ratbat as a stand-in. Not a fan of PE and KFC versions.

8. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Work that sucker to death

News Credits:
    The land which may or may not be enchanting (NM)
    -Raiden
    Why has no 3rd party company made Raiden yet? He was one of the original Diaclone combiners! It's just so tiring seeing Devy or Menasor or Predaking being made over and over again. Plus they're trains, and trainbots are always a plus.

-Nickel
    While I'm glad MMC is making The Pet, I really wish Nickel was as equal priority as The Pet was for them. Aside from her cute design, she's also a Fembot which is apparently a major selling point for a lot of people. Plus there's that one design sheet of her that's already out there so all of her modes are already figured out.

-Anyone from the Unicron Trilogy
    Thank god Maketoys are making Cybertron Starscream, but other than that there aren't any major UT figures that faithfully capture their original designs and aren't a repaint or retool of someone from G1 (*ahem* CW Armada Megs).

-RID 2001 Towline
    Just 'cause. I thought he was a fun character and his design looked cool. Plus he has Wrecker Hook as a repaint option.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    1) Reflector: Don't forget his targetmaster version that came with CW Shrapnel!
    2) Shockwave: I agree this guy should exist, but I think the TFP mold make an excellent stand in. In addition, someone did produce a Voyager FoC Shockwave, which is a design used in IDW which CHUG occasionally follows. People say he sucked, though.
    3) Blitzwing: I actually like TR Blitz. If you have both, you can give TR Blitz his Generations weapons and he looks pretty nice.
    4) Sky Lynx: We probably don't have a Supreme sized Sky Lynx because he's kind of a weird character. Even on the 3P board, I don't see a lot of clamor for an MP sized Sky Lynx. In a world where it's all about the most badass bots, Sky Lynx is weird and talks like a dork. Otherwise, I dunno. Maybe Wei Jang will make an OS Sky Lynx?
    5) Omega Supreme: This is one I'm sure will come along eventually. Heck, they've remade Metroplex, Trypticon, and Fort Max. Doesn't leave a lot left for subsequent lines unless they pull a surprise Metrotitan release from their collective butts. Just Scorponok, really. After that they have to do OS... or Dug Base.
    6) Huffer/Pipes: Maybe Maketoys will get to them? They did do Gears, Swerve and Tailgate. Pipes and Huffer would fit in well with their Manga Mech series, and Tailgate's not that old.
    7) Junkions: There's like 3 Generations Junkions: Wreck Gar, Scrap Heap and Junkyard. If you use the MJ add ons, you then have like, what? Five? How many do you need? :p 
    8) Outback: Dunno about him. We don't have a decent Beachcomber, either. Given they just did Seaspray, I'm sure Hasbro will get to them in time which is probably why no 3P wants to. Then again, see Maketoys.
    9) Throttlebots: I think you hit the nail on the head. Why bother making 3P versions when Hasbro may just reshell everything soon and call it square?
    10) Beachcomber: See Outback.
    11) Female Autobots: MMC's female molds are really whatever you want them to be after Azalea. I'm sure the Feral Queen, Asterisk and Paradron Medic versions are someone's Firestar, Moonracer and Greenlight. That being said, the biggest problem with the Female Autobots I think is that their altmodes are sucky, vague, or both, and it's hard to get a decent robot out of what are sadly a bunch of deformed skateboards.

Just my thoughts, anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    I have over 10. I could use more :D . And the MJ add-ons (none of which I have) are insanely expensive

11. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blue Bacchus desperately needs a new update. Black Shadow/Sky Shadow got a new deluxe, Leader and 3P Legends figure but where is his partner in crime and fellow space gangster?

• Like Like x 2
  12. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I feel like hasbro will do everyone and do a pretty decent job.

Wouldn't mind a 3p crack at a CW abominus and a voyager soundwave and rodimus prime

13. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

Said it before and I'll say it numerous more times. Why is there no good CHUG Grimlock? Fansprojects isn't good quality and suffers from cost cutting. Planet X doesn't work for me cause, while I love the game, that's not really a Grimlock looking design. Toyworld would be close but.... it's just not.

I'd like a Chug Star Saber, Deathsaurus (or Dezarus whatever) and Starscream. It's also baffling we haven't gotten a Shockwave or Soundwave.

• Like Like x 4
  14. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    The funny thing is, the best "CHUG" Shockwave for me was MP Shockwave. :p 

Not trying to be a douche or anything, but I honestly felt he made a good representation. I have Cloud 9's Shockwave as my MP Shockwave. (I also have a Quakewave, but I don't know where to even put him anymore).
    I got nuthin' for Soundwave. Don't know why a decent Voyager class version of him doesn't exist. Seems like an easy target.

15. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Voyager Trailbreaker/Hoist as well

16. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I use Transformers Prime Shockwave as my CHUG Shockwave.

• Like Like x 2
  17. DangerousFat

DangerousFat Well-Known Member

It's all personal preference so if you don't like him, you don't like him, but I use the Planeet X dinobots and I think they looks great with my CHUG collection. Considering CHUG can be updated classics, IDW designs, complete redesigns, and G1 faithful designs, I see the lack of cohesive style almost as a hallmark of my CHUG collection. Hell, I have some 3rd Party "Masterpiece" figures tossed in there because I think they look great. Maketoys Visualizers and Transportation Captain, for instance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Names Jon

The Names Jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Voyager Dinobots set, Voyager Seekers (and Coneheads), Voyager Soundwave/Blaster, Voyager Shockwave, new Deluxes for Sideswipe/Red Alert/Sunstreaker.

As a bonus, I'd really love to see a new Voyager Optimus Prime and Megatron that are just standard figures that aren't Headmasters or triple changers. Just straight up get the leaders of each faction as their own thing as really solid figures.

I don't follow much 3P CHUG oriented stuff so I don't know if some of this has been done yet. I'm thinking straight from Hasbro's line.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Voyager Shockwave
    Voyager Soundwave
    Deluxe Reflector
    Leader Straxus

That's it for my essential classic Decepticons.

Would also buy a Flywheels, battletrap, Ruckus, Windsweeper and Squeezeplay.

So close....

• Like Like x 1
  20. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Euro Clench! I'd love to see MMC tackle this guy, to go along with their upcoming miner Megatron, who killed him in the comics.