Missiles

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, Jun 26, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    So basically, how do you guys feel about displaying or even storing your figures with missiles?

I know for me, I not only find that they look silly in many cases, but when I "do" keep them loaded, I almost always do so without them being pressed/loaded in for the sake of having minimal/no stress on the springs. That way, the mechanics not only remain fresh, but also I don't run the risk of having them fly out at night. My Imperial ATAT Walker used to do this all the time, and it's a miracle that I haven't lost em.

I actually used to play a game where I'd stand a bunch of figures in front of it & see how long they'd make it without getting shot down.

... pew pew?

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Maybe I'm wierd, but I just keep the missles loaded in their ports. I haven't had any shoot out, even older figures so maybe I'm just lucky?

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    For my shelf, I keep the missiles that actually look like missiles in the figures and their guns. If it's some kind of "energy blast" sculpt on the missile, it goes into the accessory and parts box. I don't give a crap about spring fatigue in the launchers themselves, and if they get lost, boo hoo. I'll find them whenever I get around to cleaning my room.

4. Not the guy

Not the guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with Unicron up there, if the missile is shaped to be the gun then it stays, otherwise off it goes into oblivion.

5. AMG

AMG Old School

It's a mix for me, some are displayed with missiles while other are not. It depends on the TF.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I agree if the missile is designed to be apart of the weapon it stays otherwise it goes into storage.

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    It depends. For my G1, Most of those firing weapons have lost their spring-iness so the missile just ends up falling out - therefore they just end up in a zip-lock bag with the rest of that figure's accessories. For my BW & onwards, I leave the missiles in their triggers. If the missile keeps firing by itself, I just leave the missile at the figure's feet. If there's one thing I hate doing, It's playing hide-n-seek with missiles that have shot themselves across the room...

8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Missiles don't do much for me, but i still keep them on the figures (mostly, there are some like Animated Blitzwing's and Anim. Starscream's that I stored because they get in the way and stick out too much)

They're nice sometimes to play with my cat or shoot myself in the eye stupidly.

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Hah. Great minds think alike...
    Except, if we shoot ourselves in the eyes, then... that doesnt exactly make us great minds...

10. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I judge missile placement on a figure by figure basis. Some look good on the figure others don't. There are times where I have the same mold in different colors and will have some with and some without for variety.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    seekers i keep in, same with the g1 cars, they look weird without the missiles, ultra powerglide's mold looks dumb with it, and a lot of the others look great without it like universe galvatron, the silverbolt mold, etc

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

A majority of the time
    see missile
    insert missile into plastic bag
    hide bag
    profit :lol 

however as Brr said yea, I do keep them in my classics seekers

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    In most cases I like em in seekers, but Thrust uses his weapons like guns, so...

Also, never underestimate the effect that premature ejectulation can have on the rest of your collection.

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I swear man, Universe Galvatron is the most ungrateful guy. I always defend him saying he isn't as crappy as people say, and in return he keeps shooting me in the face every single time. Even if I point him away the missile will bounce off something and somehow come back at me. I think the toy's possessed by the ghost of Galvatron from the cartoon.

15. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke!

News Credits:
    Depends on the figure. TFA Seekers/Blitzwing get theirs stored in a parts box for looking like weird light saber things that stick out too much. That and I'm not a fan of molded translucent energy blasts, flames, or faux water.

Others depend on the situation like with the MP Seekers. In bot mode, the missiles get stored since I don't like how they hang off the wings at the bottom. In jet mode, the missiles look nice and I swap them 50/50 with null rays. Classics Seekers I always leave in since it's just easier that way and they're part of the mold, so to speak.

HFTD/MP Movie Starscream's missiles I usually just stow behind that flip out hinged piece that would otherwise cover the back of his head, rather than the ports on his wings; again, not a fan of giant missiles hanging obtrusively off his rear kibble. The missiles are very unobtrusive and covered for the most part in the middle of his back now.

Generally as a rule, I like to follow show/movie accuracy whenever possible. So if a character has missiles on their shoulders or something (like Wheeljack), then that's how they get displayed.

16. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    That bastard.

17. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I always leave the missiles in their launchers; the figures don't feel "complete" unless they have all their accessories on them.

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

All my Classics/Henkei Seekers have their missiles locked and loaded. Haven't had a single one fire off randomly. Yet, at least. Pretty good after 5 years though.

Everything else though- Rodimus, both Grimlocks, Inferno, and Skyfire; have their missiles in a ziplock bag along with Bumblebee's jet-ski and Skyfire's helmet.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it's the ghost of galvatron *or maybe starscream?* telling you to stop defending it

:lol 

20. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    Case by case basis. Seekers keep their missiles. Generations Warpath and HFTD Hailstorm keep theirs. Armada Unicron keeps his. Universe Inferno...if in his alt mode I keep it. Bot mode...doesn't look as right in bot mode as it does in alt mode so it's off to the side. WfC Megatron nope. HFTD Seaspray keeps his. I like the idea of energon spears. Like he's hunting for decepticon whales.