Missile launchers: Display loaded or unloaded...?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by defstar, Sep 25, 2007.

1. defstar

defstar Autobot...

As the title asks...many of us have or will have Tf's sitting on our display shelves for years...does keeping them loaded kill the spring inside or affect the launchers in any way...?

Does anyone here not keep theirs loaded...?

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

most of the stuff I have isn't meant to "shoot" b/c they are g1 and they just "hold the missile"

Other than that mostly everything has the missiles in b/c I'll lose them if they get put in a bag or a box.

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While it might kill the spring(which doesn't matter since most of the springs didn't do much anyway), I'd rather not lose them, plus empty launchers just look odd on the shelf.

4. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I agree with that Prisoner, but in some cases the missiles are not an important difference like in BM Jetstorm or Energon Scorponok, well that's my preference.

5. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Just don't push the missile all the way in. It's not going to fall out.

6. nic28

nic28 warrior

I don't keep none of my figures loaded with thier missles or guns or whatever they have. I have a file cabinet and every figure i have has thier own folder with a labeled sandwich bag with all wepons,missles and instructions but the g1 figures i do keep thier fists in thier launchers

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hasbro should put in safetys.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I generally keep them loaded. Nine times out of ten it looks better, and this way I always know where the missiles are. The only major exception is Cybertron Megatron, whose missiles have an annoying tendency to randomly fire on their own.

9. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    I keep the missiles loaded just in case someone breaks in, my TF's will defend the home :thumb 

10. defstar

defstar Autobot...

That's a pretty cool idea...I'm keeping all my spare parts together currently in just a brown box...:eek: 

This all started with classics Hot Rod...he looked kind of stupid just standing there with purple flames coming out of his gun...so after removing them he looks much better imo...so I'm think of doing this with a couple others as well...

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Unless it's essential to how they look (G1 fist missiles), I keep all of them unloaded, for two reasons. One, my shelves are fairly full so it saves room to keep their missiles separate. Two, I worry about the springs wearing out from being pressed down all the time.

12. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I usually keep the missiles in the launchers when posing them, just not in all the way. Otherwise they go into the same box as the figure does when I'm storing them.

13. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Oh, no, no. You've got that all wrong. You put the gun back where it goes in vehicle mode, but pointing downwards. It's a jetpack!

14. defstar

defstar Autobot...

LOL...then he'll be standing there with his jetpack flaming and not going anywhere...

15. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

usually i display them loaded, in the case of movie dx arcee, i have gutted it by nessecity, and if i prefer the missile launchers look w/o the wissile, i snip the missile e.g. classic camero bumblebee's missiles are only about 1 com long- now thats a real fans unsafe missile

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    With what I just paid on eBay for missiles for my Metroplex, you're damn right I'm loading them in his guns! :lol 

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unloaded... too much risk of them disappearing without a trace. I rarely take missiles off their sprues these days.

18. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I keep almost all my displayed G1 figures loaded. Most newer stuff that has long lame looking missiles, like Classics Jetfire, get their missiles stored elsewhere. I'm not a fan of disproportionate missiles.

19. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

It depends on whether or not a given gun looks better with or wothout the missile. If it looks better with the missile, then the missile goes in. I really don't worry too much about the springs. The only figure that looks better with the missile, but isn't stored with it is E-Jetfire. The gun on mine will fire if you so much as look at it funny.

Most of mine are displayed without missiles, because the empty bore usually looks better than a goofy ass missile sticking out. Any missile made to look like flame, is imediately dropped in hte accessory drawer. Those look retarded.

20. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I keep them out for fear they'll randomly fire into somewhere that's hard to get them out