Missed the boat...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Frognal, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I've learned to NEVER PASS ON A FIGURE... You will never see it again!!!:lol 

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Blue Ramble/Rumble :banghead:  mainly just wish I'd not had to sell off so many of my G1s damnit! Its gonna take years to get them all again :mad 

Andy

3. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I only ever saw him ONE time. I was already out for some reason and hit up TRU at like 9:31 and there were two on the shelf. I tried to buy both and the manager-type dude scratched and pointed and said, "Oonga, you only buy-um one," or something to that effect, so I gave one back. Wasn't too keen on spending $80 anyway, but I kinda wanted an open/sealed pair.

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    I remember back a few years ago... maybe 3 or 4 years, there were two MISB G1 SHOCKWAVEs on eBay that went really cheap. Well, relatively cheap... like in the $100 range with low shipping. I actually put in a bid on both of them, had the money, but for soem reason I withdrew my bids.:(  Can't remember my reason... but I'd have had two cheap MISBs of my Holy Grail. :( 

Aside from that... jsut waiting so long to start collecting TFs during BW. Didn't buy anything till the TransMetals came around... now I'm scrambling.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I got my Shocky MIB for $95, but he wasn't sealed, just minty inside...

Andy

6. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Second TFC reissue Soundwave when he was somewhat plentiful. I needed the second one to keep sealed as I open one reissue and put it on display while putting my vintage one in the box to help protect it. I wanted a second to keep sealed but just never got around to it.

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I passed up MISB Sunstreaker and Mirage last year for really cheap and am still flabbergasted over it.

Never ever saw an Alt Swerve and passed up all of those ebay auctions when they were in the low $30 range.

Beast Machines Magmatron.

Energon Omega Supreme. Of course, I choose to wait on buying the ONE supreme figure that never got clearanced around here. Of course, they're all gone now.

TFC #0 when it first came out. That and Inferno are the only two TFCs I don't have.

8. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A-freaking-men dude.

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Ehobby Astrotrain.

10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wish I could afford to never pass on a figure! :sly2: 

Anyway, I wish I would have picked up the Energon combiners when they were in stores. Shit. Not to mention some of the old leftover Laser Wars stuff that I saw at Kaybee years ago.

11. zuffyprime

zuffyprime It's not easy being green

Micromasters 1991 at Myrtle Beach at the dollar store - the dollar store!!!
    they had a whole freaking bin full... each patrol set was for a dollar... unfortunately I didn't have a single dollar on me... ahhh... empty wallet = highschool. or Empty Wallet = post transformerscon or botcon

12. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    :lol 

yea, I'm there right now. I never pass or double think any purchases.

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    ehobby Astrotrain.

14. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

Much, much of MOTU, especially Evil-Lyn and Beast Man.

Reissue Hot Rod, Rodimus, Optimus, & Soundwave. Well, I missed when they came out and were plentiful and cheap.

Space Ghost & Brak. Also, I shouldn't have broken Zorak's leg off.

The Fantastic Four box set, with HERBIE and Franklin. It was the chase version, even, with invisible Sue & translucent Torch.

RID Scourge

Universe Soundwave & Space Case

Huge amounts of Beast Wars! Only got interested in TFs again in Beast Machines. I missed lots of Beast Machines, but that hardly bugs me at all!

BM Dinobots Magmatron

There's undoubtedly more, but they'll come back to haunt me later.

15. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    AMEN! I had REALLY bad timing with those. It was right when I decided that paying inflated prices for toys that would be on the shelf in another couple months was crazy...so I stopped right when all the unproduced Universe hit :banghead:  I managed to get Drench....but so far that's it :(  I would pay nutzy $$$ for Smokescreen, Spacewarp and Target Megatron...I do think the Seacons will eventually see the light of day though.

16. Ras

Ras Ras Ras Ras Ras Ras

An Amen to that Amen! I never even managed to get a Drench (the one I actually wanted most, I really liked the fact that they chose a non-mainstream character....I had a feeling it would be special). So congrats on that. I must have had a dozen chances to get one for around $10, even quite late when the rumours of a cancellation were circling. D'OH! I still wouldn't pay out the a$$ for one though.

........I'm not bitter though. *twitch* *fart*

Ras

17. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Well it's all relative...I'm almost done with TF's (I need Noizu and then just a few scattered Mexican & South American variants, and I do want a couple more Lucky Draws). Everything else I collect is higher ticket anyway. So nutzy by Transformers standards is somewhere between downright affordable and a good price by Takatoku/Popy standards....or a real bargain by Jumbo Machinder standards :)  Besides I am a very big mark for the "You always want what you can't have" philosophy, so the unproduced toys end up being very high on my want list...and I'm getting close to where that's all I have left to hunt...

18. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I missed my chance of ever seeing the following for $10 at Toys R Us back in 2002, which finally closed down at where I live:
    Transformers Hasbro Reissues: Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, and ... Optimus Prime!!!
    I feel like such an asshole when I see everyone's Re-issues and for wishing I had them.

19. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

To echo what many have already said, it's ehobby Astrotrain. I had the chance to buy one at $75 right before they became really scarce, and refused to pony up. Now I feel like an asshole for it. I'm just happy I was smart enough to order reissue Soundwave, Prime, and Megatron before their prices soared. But not getting ehobby Astrotrain will always sting.

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Original BW black arachnia and tigertron. At the time I wasn't big on buying repaints and I wasnt 100% diehard into TF. I was working at TRU at the time and the racks were full of them. Once I decided they were important characters and wanted to buy them, none were left. They are two of the three japanese versions that make up my collection. I am excited abotu Tarantulas being redone, he is the third mould that is japanese.

Thanx
    Transbot90210