Missed the boat...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Frognal, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

What are you kicking yourself over not getting when it was readily available?

I missed most of the early TF reissues. Still trying to get a decent priced MISB Ultra Magnus. And more recently I'm regretting not buying any Mugenbine figures. I really want to collect the dinosaur ones, but I can't find them anywhere.

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ehobby. proto. astro.

argh!

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Frigging Rambles. I coulda gotten one of the non-red ones ages ago. >.<

4. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Alt. Swerve. Saw him at Target back in November, I think it was. I got Decepticharge instead. Now I see him on ebay going for 60 bucks.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yup, blue ramble's gotta be one of the few, as well as god ginrai when he was like $30 (I already had pm prime and godbomber, wish I knew this was diecast) and the reissue G1 prime for retail at toys r us.

6. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

The first couple waves of Beast Wars except the leaders. Oh man. Where is my blasted time machine?

7. Ras

Ras Ras Ras Ras Ras Ras

Pre-production items for, now, unreleased toys (when prices were cheap). Such as Armada Drench/Smokescreen repaint, Universe Seacons etc. Granted, I hear various rumours regearding their possible release, but I doubt it....trouble is you don't they're cancelled untill it's too late. Anime Astrotrain too, $40 pre-order. FORTY BUCKS!

Ras

8. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

TF related? Minicons. I went through a rough patch in my Transfandom precipitated by a not-so-good experience at BotCon 2002 and, since the first episode of Armada was shown at the dinner instead of giving us an exclusive, and the toys were so absolutely lackluster when first seeing them, I just sort of froze on my TF love for a couple years.

Suddenly, about three months ago, I woke up and realized, "Holy crap. Minicons are the return of some of my favorite TFs ever, the Micromasters. Only now, with more complicated transformations and better posability." I've been all over them ever since.

(And of course the only new-mold minicons we're getting this year are short-packed in the late-wave cases. Criminy.)

I didn't buy a Star Wars action figure from about 1980 onward until this year when a work-mate sold me a set of Darth Mauls. Yesterday I bought three of the twin-value-packs at TRU of Star Wars figures. And I've got a Qui-Gon and Yoda coming from BBTS. Addiction rekindled, now that the movies are all over and most of the figures are impossible to find. If it's got a lightsaber, I want it. So I can do evil things to it in the GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program, kinda like photoshop without the pricetag.)

Sometimes I hate my lack of trendiness. Sometimes the trends are cool. And I always seem to miss those until everyone else has moved on.

9. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara Reissue Soundblaster at Dairycon for $60. I was about to get it, but then I saw a vintage Soundwave for $45, and I got that instead. Now I wish I got it back then, instead of it being $105 now.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Clench, one of the Euro G1 Leaders from the period right before G2. I've had two chances at getting him. First time, we got Ironfist instead (not regretting that, I've never seen him since either). Second time was at a convention, could have had him but I think I had a TM Megatron instead, when he was still new.

Not that I'm bothered. One day, one day.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Not buying Botcon Arcee at OTFCC in '03. There were several of her for just $70. In '04, she was $125+....

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too many different things to list...:( 

13. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Jafcon Prime when he could be gotten for $100, if not a hair under.

Sometimes I regret not getting CR Fort Max when he was current/$125ish, but something about the color scheme just didn't click with me, and if he were to suddenly be available again...I dunno that I would buy him. A straight G1 Fort Max reissue otoh...

14. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Galaxy Force Soundwave, that dude almost can not be found now, I also past a Krull (sp?) figure at TRU TS once, and as soon as I left it some dude snatched it up and said "Oh yeah this one is one of the rarest figure of them all!" D'oh!

Edit: Oh yeah, also Universe Nemesis Prime when it was on sale at Target for like $10, he's no where to be found now too... :( 

15. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

The early G1 reissues and most of BW. I didn't become a fan of BW until there wasn't much available in stores anymore.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ehobby Astrotrain. Yellow Ultra Magnus. TFC reissues (mainly Soundwave/blaster). I didn't expand my collection beyond original G1 stuff till summer 04 (how amusing that watching Energon got me to buy more stuff) so I came in late on a lot of things.

17. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    :banghead:  <--artiepants agrees...

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i agree on not settling. 125 is a lot to spend on something for 'settling'. i held back, and now i'm a proud owner of the g1 version, which color scheme is my fave. you just gotta be patient.

i did have to spend twice what i'd pay for brave (as you indicated above) but it is so worth it.

19. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Hasbro G1 reissue Prime in stores :banghead: 

I think I speak for everyone when I say :banghead: 

20. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Blue and Yellow Ramble. Especially the blue one. I just HAD to wait for Hasbro's announcement, and by then they were all gone. Though I guess it's just as well, since I was bordering on broke around the time they were released.

TFC Soundwave and Soundblaster. Damn more-expensive-than-most-TFCs reissues. I don't think there was ever a good opportunity to pick them up.

I saw Decepticharge twice. The first time, I didn't get him. The second time, I picked Shockwave, expecting that to be the last time I would ever see him. And of course, a few weeks later I saw several Shockwaves at TRU.

Energon Combiners. I'm still missing half of Superion and Bruticus. Goddamn stores in Savannah never went past the first two Superion and Constructicon limbs, and I never thought to have my parents look for the remainders.

And I'm guessing I've missed the Cybertron Scourge boat already, unless the stores back home have older stock.