Missed Opportunity

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by boxerperson, Aug 4, 2010.

1. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Right, so it's pretty obvious, to me at least, that Barricade isn't returning. We've seen nothing on set that looks like it could be him and haven't heard anything about him at all.

Yes, I know Saleen was sold and isn't really a company anymore, and I know that Ford never had an agreement with Bay (Saleen is technically it's own manufacturer, so the Saleen Mustang could be in the film without Ford's permission), but damn. The 2011 Mustang and 2011 Shelby GT500 are mopping the floor with everything in their competitive segment, Camaro included. With the new 5.0 engine and 400+ horsepower the regular old GT is faster and significantly lighter than the Camaro....and the 2010 "refresh" on the styling looks better than ever. Barricade returning as one of those bad boys would have been epic....and it would finally have given Bumblebee a nemesis.

2. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then why is Camaro outselling it 2:1? And even numbers wise, the regular Camaro SS pulls 426 HP and 2011 Camaro Z28 will output 556 HP. If you read any car publications, you'd see most all people agree that Camaro wins hands down. I am a bit biased though, as a Camaro owner. :D 

That being said, I loved Barricade and would love a rivalry between him and Bee. Unfortunately, that's never going to materialize.

3. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

The new Mustangs look like bloated, bee-stung versions of the old model. And the Camaros, no disrespect to Bumblebee, have personally lost their appeal, especially since now I can drive to Costco on a Saturday morning and see dozens of them sitting in the parking lot. They were cool looking three years ago, but the consumer model looks pretty generic by today's standards, which is probably why Bay put a body-kit and a new paint job on Bee for TF3.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I've pretty much gave up hope that Barricade will appear in TF3.

I doubt that Bay would get permission from Ford to use one of the newer Mustang models for Barricade, and they already sold all of the cars they used for Barricade in the 2007 movie, so...

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the camaro on paper is the better car it even has independent rear suspension along with lots of power (mainly due to its Holden based chassis and subframe)

But saying that I'd love to see the 2011 5.0 stang and a Challenger SRT8 in the film just to see the muscle car wars played out on screen

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yeah, no barricade. (thast oen fo the reason why i take the idw comcis has canon becuase they explain alto of things)

7. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Might want to check your facts on that. Performance wise the 5.0 Mustang and Camaro SS is a drivers race. Appearances are always up to personal taste though. Currently the only thing Chevy has in the competetive segment of the GT500 is the Corvette, and sorry 'Vette>GT500. But as soon as the Z-28 hits (which will be the GT500's real competition), all bets are off.

To be honest the Mustang faithful should be thanking Chevy for putting real engines (V-6 and V-8) in the new Camaros, or the Mustang would still have 200hp V-6s and 300hp V-8s.

8. 643cade

643cade Well-Known Member

I've also pretty much given up hope that Barricade will be in TF3. Sigh...

9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Maybe there is still some hope for Barricade in a flashback at least, he deserves that much.

10. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

You're a little more than a "bit biased" given that the Mustang outsold the Camaro this month....

Also there's the part where virtually every car magazine in publication rates the 2011 Stang hands down better than the 'maro. 2/3 of them rated the 310hp 2010 version better....and now it has 100 more horsies.

Don't get me wrong...I've owned BOTH a camaro (89 IROC-Z) and a mustang (95 Cobra) and I'd love to have either of the new ones...they're quite close...

But man, Barricade so needs to come back 8(

11. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

No need to check my numbers. I'm a bona-fide car freak. Acceleration wise they're a dead heat, but handling wise the 300lb lighter Mustang mops the floor with the camaro, independant rear suspension and all. I've test driven both, and the car rags all agree too. A car using IRS but with somewhat sloppy suspension tuning and 300lbs of extra weight will not feel or perform better than a car using a solid rear axle...and Ford's had a LONNNGGGG time to dial in the exact settings for that suspension.

Given that the new Shelby GT500 lost 120lbs and is now almost exactly the same weight as the Camaro SS, I don't know what Chevy will do with the Z/28. If you check camaroz28.com, where one of the head designers regularly posts, it's supposed to weigh in at about 4100lbs. Compared to 3800 for the GT500. Acceleration wise they'll be a dead heat just like the GT and SS, but handling-wise....300lbs is impossible to overcome. I await the next-gen Caddy A-series based Camaro with baited breath, because it will solve the one and only fault the current model has....weight.

Again....not tryin to make anybody here butthurt. I do happen to prefer the Mustang, with it's better interior and performance, but the Camaro undoubtedly looks more exotic and performs nearly on par.

And a classic Mustang/Camaro battle in the movie would have rocked so hard 8(