Misnamed at birth: Cyb Unicron --> Cyb Bludgeon?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dragma, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Dragma

Dragma Active Member

Just wonding if anyone else noticed this, however with Cyb Unicron they may have been going for more of a G1 Bludgeon vibe. The head area in particular looks more like Bludgeon's shell then Unicron (from what I recall) and transforms into a tank (like Bludgeons inner bot).

Could they have been going for a homage of Bludgeon rather then Unicron, but desided that Uni would sell better?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It looks to me like a fusion of both characters. Everything you've said seems pretty accurate to me, but the aesthetic of the tank definitely gives off a Unicron vibe.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i'm hoping for a botcon repaint as bludgeon this year. its' so obvious, and it's one mold i really enjoy. no new molding needed either.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm in the minority that doesn't want the Unicron mold made into Bludgeon... Mainly because it would be almost the same damned figure, there's no point to it. Different shade of yellow and a bit more purple, done. If they make a new Bludgeon, it needs to be a real tank like Classics 2-pack Megatron, who's spin blade gimmick would work perfectly for him. The round dome tank lends itself to Unicron too much to make a convincing Bludgeon.

As far as real misnames... Look up Gutcruncher on TFU and tell me Cybertron Downshift wasn't misnamed.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the 2-pack Megs as Bludgeon. Uni's head on that body and BOOM.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I dont know if Unicron was ever meant to be Bludgeon in the design stages, but I definitely consider him my Bludgeon. As for his very alien looking tank, I like to imagine that his robot mode and his pretender shell fused together, thus making his alt mode very different and explaining why his pretender shell can transform at all

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i also consider him bludgeon, and snagged a sword from one of those stupid zombie samurai mcfarlane figures....ill have to snap a picture of it someday and post it here....the sword looks really good in his hands. and fits perfectly

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can see it, but I wouldn't want that as an exclusive. I would feel ripped off.

Now buying an extra one to attmept to kitbash into a Bludgeon would be pretty cool.

Someone who is good at that, get on it!

9. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Gutcruncher does look a lot like Downshift. I may have to slap a 'Con symbol on him.

10. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I've also dubbed my Cyb. Unicron to Bludgeon already. I also think that Gutcruncher would be more suited to the 2-pack Megatron, just change the tan to orange and give it a new head (maybe from Downshift) and instant Gutcruncher. Thats my planning anyway :) 

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I see the resemblances, but I'm actually a huge fan of a tiny body having so much power. That and I think Bludgeon is a cool yet VERY overrated character (though I'm sure many say the same thing about Grimlock so...)

All that said I'd love to see a Bludgeon homage in a line at some point.

12. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You've obviously never seen Josh's Cybertron Bludgeon.

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Indeed. It is PERFECT.

15. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    You're right, I never saw it. And it does look cool.

However. It doesn't change my mind. I still say a real Bludgeon needs to better represent both of his forms, it needs to be a real tank and still apply his classic shell design to the robot mode. And I dont buy the whole "round tank represents his shell", it does not. The robot mode everyone wants represents his shell, the tank just looks like the common concept of a shell. Coloring it green doesn't make it Bludgeon. The round tank doesn't look right to me, it's too sci-fi, "Godzilla-blasting machine" for me to see Bludgeon there. The whole concept is this heavy, crude tank becoming a sleek samurai, just because it has a head that might look like Bludgeon with the right colors does not make it the perfect choice.