Misfits

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Cast, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Any one seen this show yet? Its on E4 in the UK, its kinda like heroes set on a council estate. Basically 5 kids are doing community service for various crimes they have committed when a freak storm hits and seem to give everyone caught in it super powers, main cast is:

A Chav girl that can read mind
    A sluty girl that basically if any one touches her they go totally sex made for her
    A weird guy that can turn invisible
    An athletic guy that can rewind time
    And a funny guy who power we either don’t know it its just to take the piss out of every one and or thing, although from the opening credits I would guess he turns into a wolf.

We’re only up to episode 2 and it’s been damn funny so far and not bad stories either.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  3. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Spoiler alert:

Well in the first episode the storm also turned there probation officer in to a total psychopath, he killed another of the young offenders with them and then the chav girl killed him and they’ve hid both the bodies as they decided know one would believe the truth and they would all get done for murder.

Second episode they find the funny guys step dad butt naked on the street, seems the storm made him think he’s a dog ever now and then and the funny guy also and up shagging this woman called Ruth, but as they are doing the moment she comes she flips back to her real age of 82 as it turns out the storm made it so she could become younger.

A lot of great character stuff in this, not so big on the effects but nice and solid on story.

Some nice bits on E4.com/misfits extra video stuff of Nathan (the funny one) trying to work out what his power are, discovering he can’t breath underwater nor can he phase through walls.

4. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    Got to say I'm pretty shocked there hasn't been more of a discussion about this show, as it's quite good imo. Season 3 just recently ended. While I definitely miss Nathan in the cast, the new guy wasn't so bad and there were some truly epic episodes. Season 4 is confirmed so everyone who wants to has more than enough time to catch up.

If you like rude comedy, people with powers(I won't call them super heroes because they aren't), or you just like to see good writing then this is the show for you!

Oh, and I recently heard there is a US remake in the works, so make sure you see the Brit original before the new one scars your brain with how bad it is. If it wasn't for the internet I'd never know how good Brit tele can be. All I'd get to see are the subpar US remakes....

5. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Funny stuff is funny. :) 

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
  8. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Series 1+2 were really good but I felt that they just stopped trying with series 3 - it seemed that every episode would have a good concept and then they would just waste it, the final episode was a let down and if there's no Nathan, Simon or Alisha (which is rumoured) in the next series I'll probably give it a miss.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    We've been getting this over in the state on Hulu and I love it but yeah - the last couple eps I was like "WTF?" and if some of the cast leaves, then I'm out. Especially Nathan - dude is hysterical.

EDIT - Nathan is already out? I think we only got season 1 and 2 so far over here then, and the Christmas episode.

10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is an online only episode called 'Vegas Baby' set between series 2+3 that shows where Nathan goes.

11. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Oh cool, thanks!

12. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Both Simon and Alisha's actors have confirmed they are not in Series 4.

I enjoyed Series 3. I didn't miss Nathan at all, as he became way too much in Series 2. His webisode sendoff was humerous though. I though Rudy filled the gap nicely and it was really nice to see the characters grow, all of them pretty much a far cry away from where they were when the series started.

Sad to see Simon and Alisha go, but they are fated to meet and fall in love and die for all of enternity so it's a bit romantic. Curious to see what Overman and co. have in store for Series 4.