Misc Robot/Non Robot Haul

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roanstalker, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if I should've started this thread but oh well. Here goes. I just wanted to take pics of my latest haul to test out my camera.

Heres my complete haul for this month :D  (Actually its accumulated from November, December and January).

[​IMG]

This is Ho-oh Ryujinmaru from Chou Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru, the third in the trilogy of Mashin Eiyuuden. £30.

[​IMG]

This is Kaisergreymon from Digimon Frontier, the fourth and known by most as the worst of the digimon series. £30.

[​IMG]

This is Gallantmon Chaos Mode. Its a recolour of Gallantmon Crimson Mode of which is a blown up D-Real/Digiwarrior figure of Gallantmon with added Crimson Mode Armour. It was open when I got it but according to the seller, its never been played with. £60.

[​IMG]

My Yamato Takeru haul. Susanoo on bottom and Tamanoo on top. £85.

[​IMG]

If you didn't see it properly, heres a close up. Its an extra Tamanoo. It was bought together with Susanoo AFTER I already bought the boxed Tamanoo.

[​IMG]

Ho-oh Ryujinmaru with Fire wings, and Ho-oh Toryuken on his back.

[​IMG]

Ho-oh Ryujinmaru equiped with Ho-oh Toryuken and Ho-oh Shield.

[​IMG]

Wings, Shield and sword combine to form Phoenix "Ho-oh Enryuken".

[​IMG]

Close up of Phoenix.

[​IMG]

Close up of Ho-oh Ryujinmaru with no attachments.

[​IMG]

Overall the figure is like an SD Gundam. It has relatively minimal articulation. The wings are made so the connecter always falls off. But it looks cool on display. I can't wait to recieve all the others from this series :D .

Chaos Gallantmon with no armour.

[​IMG]

Chaos Gallantmon with its "Royal Joust" weapon.

[​IMG]

Chaos Gallantmon Posed with Royal Joust.

[​IMG]

Chaos Gallantmon "Crimson Mode".

[​IMG]

Chaos Gallantmon "Crimson Mode" holding Gungnir.

[​IMG]

A bit expensive but oh well. Its fairly poseable and it looks good in both forms. The "Crimson Mode" is not official but the blue works well.

Kaiser Greymon with Ryugonken.

[​IMG]

Kaiser Greymon with Ryugonken in Enryugeki mode.

[​IMG]

Overall the figure was very disappointing. All the armour pieces were loose and didn't want to stay on.

Next up is Susanoo (pronounced Su-sa-no-oh) and tamanoo (pronounced ta-ma-no-oh) from a little known anime called Yamato Takeru. Its loosely based on the Toei film of the same name though only real similarity is that both has a giant robot and the central theme is a giant eightheaded snake/dragon (Orochi).

The anime starts off with a ship/satallite thing coming into contact with a black hole which throws them out of a white hole into a another galaxy called Onam where it sends the crew in capsules to the surface of a planet called Ismo. At this time a child was born. His name is Yamato Takeru (yeh the name of the anime). He is the average boy who likes to cause trouble (even if he is really trying to help). One day evil warriors from the Death Star Yomi come to the village to reclaim a long lost machine Makusenjin (Roughly translates in Dark Air War God) Susanoo. Young Takeru finds himself falling into a crevice wherein he comes into contact with the said machine and reawakens it. It fights off the initial invasion but it is sent into a deep pool of water at the end of the first episode. The villagers believe it is a dark object while Takeru tries to convince his parents he was the one pilotting it.

After Mikazuchi (Takerus main rival) returns to retake Susanoo with a better machine Takeru manages to reawaken Susanoo only to have it destroy Mikazuchi's mech for a second time and then start running amock. Takeru's ocarina manages to calm it down but the villagers want to exile the humans for what he did. Takeru's father tells them that only he and Takeru need leave but Takeru decides to leave on his own (and with his villager friend Roka in tow) to see the great big Ocean (a goal that is met halfway through the series though they have a new mission a few more episodes in anyway).

The Makusenjins are semi intelligent machines. They mostly move when the pilot is inside them and their hands are interfacing with their control crystals but occasionally they will move of their own accord (mostly when Susanoo protects Takeru from harm). It is revealed in the OVA series that they are in fact not machines at all (Susanoo's arm is sliced off and you see is innerds. Not a pretty scene for a kids anime). There seems to be three stages of evolution for the Makusenjins. Susanoo is only in his first stage at the beginning because he was in hibernation for so long but the other Makusenjins (nearly all enemies) are in their third and supposedly final stages.

Susanoo in Base form (Not in TV show. Technically not a form) with all the armour set aside.

[​IMG]

Susanoo in its First form. It uses this form up till the half way mark when itgoes into a metamorphoses state.

[​IMG]

Susanoo with its sword Kusanagi.

[​IMG]

Re-enactment of Episode 3 where it uses its shoulder lasers and starts wreaking havoc on the small village of Yakumo.

[​IMG]

During their voyage on the seas Takeru notices that Susanoo's body feels strange. They are soon attack by a giant sea snake causing the ship to hit a unmarkled island where Susanoo rests. When a enemy Makusenjin attacks Takerunotices strange wires over Susanoo's body. As Susanoo battles more spread all over his body. After driving off the enemy Takeru gets out but Roka alerts him to Susanoo's state. His body was cocooned over in a hard shell!

During this ark it is revealed that Oto, the heroine was working for the enemy (actually you find out in her introductory episode but Takeru doesnt notice :lol ). She leaves the group but she is nearly killed by her 'brother' Mikazuchi. Takeru hates Oto for betraying them but Roka tries to protect her so Takeru decides to fight Mikazuchi. Unfortunately Takeru is knocked off a cliff into a whirlpool so Oto jumps in to rescue him (and with both 'dead' Mikazuchi is granted his own Makusenjin, the very powerful Gaioh).

In the morning, as the sun rises the cocoon cracks open and Susanoo walks out gleaming with a new gold armour and it was bigger than ever. It cries out (Very Eva 1 Berserk mode and this came BEFORE Evangelion :D ) in mourning about its loss of its pilot. Needless to say, Takeru comes back really quickly along with Oto.

The main gimmick of the Makusenjin series of figures.

[​IMG]

This is Susanoo's Second form.

[​IMG]

Susanoo with Kusanagi (The sword does not change shape. Only the placement.

[​IMG]

Susanoo has a very uniquie concept. The size of Susanoo First form according to the box is 115 mm And its Second form is 135mm. The Knees, and hip extend form a taller robot mode. Unfortunately Second Form's proportions aren't quite as accurate as the First form's. This gimmick also means he does not have knee joints or elbow joints (the arm guards would get in the way). Also the second form is supposed to be white with gold but the "growing up" gimmick means his base colour stays blue. A prototype for it seems to indicate it was supposed to have a base colur of white rather than light blue. Susanoo also has a Third form only seen in the two part OVA and seen as a shadow in the TV series. Sadly, to make a figure out of that with this figure is impossible since its base coloured is changed from white to red.

Tamanoo is first seen at the end of episode 2. They chose the perfect rival mech to make into a figure. He looks very cool. This is Tamanoo's First form. It is not seen in the TV show.

Tamanoo's first form (I think it is because it has details not seen in any other form though the box does not mention it being a form) with all armour set aside.

[​IMG]

Tamanoo's Second form. Also not seen in the series.

[​IMG]

Susanoo first form and Tamanoo second form.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tamanoo's Third form. This is the only form seen in the series.

[​IMG]

Tamanoo suffers from a lack of paint. Apart from some yellow paint on his chest and some on his third form armours and the painted eyes, he has no other paint on him. This is disappointing. His third form should have had a orange highlights on a lot of his parts. Also his third form should still tower over Susanoo second form but it is a minor gripe. He is shown with two weapons in the series, a giant sword and a giant spinning wheel. Neither of these are present in the toy. They should've at least given him his sword. He has the same articulation as Susanoo but his shoulders aren't ball-jointed because they also extend in addition to his waist and knees.

Comparison between Susanoo's first form and Tamanoo's Third form.

[​IMG]

Comparison between Susanoo's Second form and Tamanoo's Third form.

[​IMG]

Re-enactment of the end of Episode 2 in which Tamanoo flies down to confront Susanoo. Takeru's "Its so big" line describes this scene very well ;) .

[​IMG]

Edit: Yamato Takeru review update on 23/04/2010

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    OMG OMG OMG I want ChaosGallantmon, please share where you got him!?! Emperorgreymon looks meh. I can't say he's one of my fav digimon.

3. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I got it from ebay. It was pretty expensive. I got it for 120 USD.

Edit: I agree about Kaiser Greymon. Damn japanese photographers and their ways to make everything look good.

4. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Damn... that is pricey, I wonder why I never saw one before. I was working at Toys R' Us too the time that should have came out.

5. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    It was never released over here. I never got the chance to get it at retail :( . I did find some of the Digimon Season 3 Warp digivolvers at a discount store but they look like utter shit.

6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't have any of the season 3 toys except the digivice. The toys were crap. The best toys were season one digivolvers and the season 02 digiegg digivolvers.
    Here are my season 1 collection. I also have warp digivolvers gabumon and agumon.
    [​IMG]

7. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I envy you. You have a Omnimon :D .

8. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I always wanted the warp digivolving Black WarGreymon. :( 

*heads to eBay*

*heads back from eBay*

They Want over $50 a piece!?!? No wonder I only own 2.:( 

9. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks :)  Not sure how much it cost either. I asked my mom to pick up when she was going by a store in the City a few years ago.

10. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Oh I see. It looks like a nice piece. Too bad I can't find it on yahoo auctions at all.

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Those Yamato Takeru figures are all kinds of cool, especially the blue one. Love the growing gimmick, I've never seen something like that.

12. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    The growing gimmick is what drew me to the figures (And of course having watched the whole series as well). Being the main character, I HAD to get Susanoo (the blue one) so I got a bit trigger-happy with my money and the end price jumped up to £80 (The price was 3000 yen until I bid 10,000 yen and the previous bidder was STILL in the lead)... My wallet hates me.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've done that one before! "Defeat" is a word that's still in my vocabulary, but only reluctantly!

14. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Beastie lover

News Credits:
    Holy shit, I had no idea it was worth anything.

I picked one up at a sale a few years back for like 5 dollars.

15. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Go look up any of the digivolving Digimon figures (not the new 2007 ones; those are so-so) on eBay and prepare for your jaw to hit the damn floor. The prices people are asking for them are insane. We're talking $40 and up^ a figure!

Spending wise, I have a better shot at completing my Mystic Knights collection than I do at trying to buy just 1 of those transforming Digimon figures, and I still need like 16 Mystic Knights!

Luckily I have both Mystic Knights dragons MISB. I purchased both of them together for just $25! That's $12.50 a figure; a steal if you ask me. Some people are still asking $50 for just 1 of the 2 dragons!

I even have the same problem when trying to buy any of Bandai-America's Gundam action figures (but not their model kits; I get those dirt cheap).

Crazy Bandai toys and the prices they fetch.

16. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I live in Ohio, and Gallantmon Chaos mode definitely came out here. I have one, and it's awesome. Got it for $10 I believe.

On a related note, I also have 4 of the 6 armor figures from season 4, Lobomon, KendoGarurumon, Lowemon, and JagerLowemon. Incidentally, the last two were never released in Japan. I got each one brand new for about $2.50. Just need to get Agunimon and BurningGreymon to complete the set.

17. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    You also need Kaiser Greymon and Magna Garurumon.

18. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if those were actually released here, or not. Didn't Japan also get a Susanoomon?

19. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    Susanoomon is the combination of both Kaiser Greymon and Magna Garurumon's parts.

20. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Congrats! Sounds like worth the wait :rock 

I know nothing about Digimon (didn't know you were into it, either) but they have interesting looks.
    As for Yamato Takeru, very cool. I dig Tamanoo, flaming red FTW :D