MISB...why is that so hard to understand!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ace96, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

So I got a set of MISB Topspin and Twin Twist from a single auction for $74. When they arrive I immediately inspect the tape. Both boxes have some where and not flawless which I expected, but for some reason the tape is absolutely flawless like it was applied to day. Then I notice that the pieces of tape are about 3 to 4 inches long. One happens to be wadded up on the back of the box and the other I can see the tear marks where it was torn off a roll. I haven't heard back from the seller yet. Only been a few hours, but what would you guys do???? The figures are still sealed to the cardboard or at least appear to be.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd open them up and play with them anyway, possibly making little laser and drill sounds when appropriate.

That's probably not the advice you were looking for.

3. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Wait for a response from the buyer. Perhaps they are inexperienced and didn't know, they could have been duped as well.

If they fess up then you'll need to make a choice whether to hold on to them or return them. IMHO, you got a decent deal and if the boxes are in good shape I wouldn't stress over it. Just display them and enjoy.

Otherwise, take Switchblade's advice :lol 

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  4. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    maybe he wasnt aware of what MISB meant

see when i first got into this game (lil more then 4 months ago)....i thought it meant Min In SALES Box....not SEALED.

5. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

6. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

If not for what you paid for them, I'd be pissed. $75 sounds about right for the Jumpstarters MIB. But, trying to sell them off as sealed it just plain wrong.

Goes off to create his own MISB G1 collection. :D 

7. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
  8. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Take a look at the reply. I think he had good intentions but is confused on what MISB means.

"I bought those along with about 20 other sealed pieces from the same guy and all were graded by AFA except those 2 because even though those are sealed the grade they would have recieved would make them worth enough to pay for the grading. Yes, those are factory sealed, no worries there. If it was a $300 to $500 figure I may question it, but there's no reason to try and cheat on a $40 to $50 figure. Thanks"

9. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Something I picked up along the way. I learned the hard way. The tape is only tape. It can shift if exposed to humidity or heat for long periods of time. It can become yellow and brittle from sunlight exposure and fall off. But in the end thats just tape... When opening a flap on a factory sealed boxed tf you always will affect the seam or crease where the flap meets the rest of the box. Examine this edge closely and look for any signs of color breakage. Once opened this edge will always show a spider vein, however subtle, and a breakage in the color/gloss of the box. if that edge is smooth and the printed color is undamaged then your tf has never been opened. tape or no tape or replaced tape...

10. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It's maybe just a problem of a not well-Tf's-versed seller.

I have something similar to tell. I was about to buy an item on Ebay, it seemed cool and good priced but it was on vehicle mode, so I asked the seller to send me apic of the figure in vehicle mode, and I was surprised that a power seller which a lot fo TF's items answered me that he didn't know how to transform the item...:dunce 

11. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Ha ha. Yeah thats funny. I plan on keeping them anyways. MIB or MISB its still good......but I thought I had stole 2 MISB at first. Oh well. Two less transformers to get. :thumbs2: 

12. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    no you can open them :)  lol....

13. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm still looking at auctions of TFC Insecticons, I found one where the seller says they are MISB, but if you read the description he clearly says theres no tape on the bottom of the box. Some people have no idea what MISB means.

14. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

That definitely makes it difficult.

Also, thanks to Cromagnus for the tips!

15. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'll admit I'm focusing on completely the wrong issue here. Instead of thinking about MISB and fraud/ignorance, I'm still working on the thought that you paid $70.

For Top Spin.

And Twin Twist.

The Jumpstarters.

Okay, anyway, yeah, it's amazing how bad some sellers are. I saw an auction a few years back for "MISB Galvatron - Missing Paperwork, decals and black Gun". He had another auction up, "MISB G1 Starscream - Missing right hand and Wings". At the time it was a running gag among my friends.

16. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Whats your point???? :confused: 

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You did'nt get exactly what you paid for, I'd ask for a partial refund. Maybe $20

Whether he did it on purpose or not does'nt matter, bottom line is it does'nt fit the description. You can be nice about it when asking for a partial refund.
    If he's an ass about it, then file a claim to Paypal.

18. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I bought a MISB Galaxy Force Backgild from a Hong Kong seller once. After I won, the seller wrote me to tell me they planned to open it to make sure it was in good condition. I politely declined the offer. :D 

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    If a seller re-seals a bag, can he claim it as MISP?

Sometimes I see supposedly MISP/MISB items on E-bay (as described in the title) but the item description is "--". What does this mean? Did the seller just forget to put under the item description that is "new" or the item has been re-sealed?

20. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:

yeah alot of people uses misb because it goes for the most money, they dont even know what it means. ive seen it alot on ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.