MISB TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OmegaSupreme235, Feb 21, 2012.

1. OmegaSupreme235

OmegaSupreme235 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Maybe wrong forum but I'm wondering if anybody else is anal about keeping there TF's in the box/blister and diplaying them that way? I really enjoy my collection of all boxed TF's it's my thing but I'm wondering if im the only one who enjoys there toys in the box/blister?

Now I admit when they come in the box I love to get them out and play around and put them back in the box. That's why I hate blister packs. Toys to me feel incomplete w/o the box anybody else like this?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

There are plenty of MISB/MIB collectors on the forums.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Least helpful thread title ever.

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Here! Im a proud MISB/MOSC collector. I open up NOTHING! If I get a figure , an really REALLY want to open it , ill buy another ( DOTM Buster Prime ). Other then that , all my Beast Wars , G1 reissues , Henkei's along with my United an now my Prime figures are all still sealed. ( puts on helmet an gets in fetal position to await flames an rocks being thrown )

5. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    :lol 

6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I used to open everything I get.... However... I've come to prefer MISB as well.. So now I just buy doubles of everything... Except add on sets, but I still keep the packaging for add on sets as it's typically very nice.

7. OmegaSupreme235

Ebay:

My bad dude it was TF's in the box title and I guess it got deleted...

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Time and lack of storage changes many a person's perspective on being a MIB/MOC collecting or a completionist.

For me now it's G1, Alts, Cybertron, and giftsets MIB. The rest (soon to be a lot more that I haven't removed from the package yet) are loose with only the pertinent parts of the packaging saved (i.e. card backs, back of the box, etc). Previously it was every line from G1 to Prime, in the box or on the card.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  9. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Edited thread title. :lol 

10. OmegaSupreme235

Ebay:

Thanks Man!!

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Around 80% of my collection are factory sealed, the rest are either mint loose or MIB.

Ideally, I would love to have three or more of every figure, one to keep sealed, one to display and one to play with. But that can get rather expensive with some of the rarer ones. :) 

12. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    No. Never. Ever. It's stupid.

13. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Yup, I keep quite a few Tranformers MISB or MOSC. If I buy a MISB G1, it stays that way. And United TF's also stay MOSC (MISB for United Rumble / Frenzy). The modern Hasbro TF's usually get opened though.

14. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I don't see the point in keeping sealed a toyline which, with toy technology advances, gets better with each year\each line.

That being said, I had a MISB Binaltech Mirage [invisible version], only because I got two of them for 120 USD waaaay back and, well, had another to open.

I also have a MOSC BW Rattrap and am contemplating getting the other 4 Maximals MOSC for display purposes, only because I already have them all from my childhood.

If you're really careful you can open up a carded TF in a way that it still looks very good when put back in. The only package you have to destroy 100 percent were those awful Alternators fishbowl boxes.

15. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a MISB collection and a loose collection. The rarer and more expensive stuff gets to stay in it's original packaging whilst cheaper stuff can get put on display.

I still keep the packaging and keep them MIB whenever possible, but there are ofcourse few who doesn't have any packaging like my G1 sweeps collection.

16. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    i do both. if i get an older TF that's already MISB ill keep it that way, especially if it's an OP. it's the newer ones that are harder to do that with since they are more inovative and articulate and most of the times can't help myself but to take it out. if i can i always buy two,one for MISB and one to open. It also depends on how much i've paid for it. ive gotten some older generations figures that i clearly paid more for becuase they were MISB (C)...so i keep them that way to keep the value balanced. i personally dont want to pay $40 for a toy and decrease the value by opening it.

the FE prime line i have the three deluxe MOSC but i also have an extra BB and Arcee that i have taken out. i never found another SS so he's still MISB. i have Bulkhead open because i just couldnt help myself and i also have FE Prime on the way which i will probbly keep MISB....but we will see.

17. midicity

midicity Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of keeping the whole line of Human Alliance sealed in box. Now I'm just short a Bumble Bee and Sideswipe