Misb Omega Supreme GIG on sale

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by puffmarko, Jul 24, 2007.

1. puffmarko

puffmarko psychological terrorist

Ebay:
  2. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    I will be totally honest with you dude I bought a ''MISB'' box transformer off you on ebay which when it arrived was blatantly double taped, I was going to AFA it but theres no point now!!!

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    was it retaped with different tape? or did it look the same?

4. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Why you getting rid of that great piece from your collection?

5. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    also, the omega looks like it has been opened, the shot of the tape looks like it was lifted then put back down. the shot with the with blotches underneath the tape.

6. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    opened or not puff its still nice, why yea selling!?

7. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I think it's because he has at least two of them. Take a look at the second picture :) 

8. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    one underneath is a hasbro release. not gig. like cz said, opened or not, still nice as hell and rarer than a mofo. this is the only one i've ever seen.

9. puffmarko

Ebay:
    Dear Andrew,
    I saw my Mirage relisted on your ebay store,and I felt truly bad, because when I have put that transformers on Ebay,I was sure that it was sealed.
    As I wrote you in one of ours previous mail, I bought this Mirage from a Dutch seller about two years ago, and he sold to me like MISB. I never would allow myself to voluntarily confuse a false thing like it was true, or to swindle other collectors, because I AM A COLLECTOR LIKE YOU and I judge negatively and strongly those situations.
    I apologize with you, under the eyes of all the TFW2005 community, for that has happened with our deal. I'm really,really sorry for that.

I have bought this Megarobot from a famous italian collector of diaclone that has sold it like misb.
    He has said to me that TF comes from GIG warehouse.
    Obviously,I have not never opened it in order to control.
    I will not never get tired to repeat it: if you have any perplexity about the integrity of this box,please dont bid on.

I would like to sell this item 'cause I have to pay my house rent.
    I prefer to list only one TF rather than 5/6 MIB g1.

10. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    depending on the time when you bought this, the tape sealing the item wasnt as scrutinized as it is now, with afa around. If I were you puff, I'd cut the tape and open that bad boy up, a true blue collector could care less if its sealed, but cares more about if the item is untouched and unused and complete. that tape says," hey, ive been opened, and you just have to guess if I'm complete or not". well thats what it says to me, and I'd be much more willing to buy it opened and see all the contents rather than buy it with the tape looking like its been resealed.misb doesnt really matter to me with things like this. this is just what I look for when buying high dollar items. just some advicde man, take it or leave it, but I mean no offense and if you want to sell that vsx for some rent money, get ahold of me first and consider it sold. good luck puff!!!!!!!!!

11. puffmarko

Ebay:
    :thumb :thumb :thumb 
    thank you

12. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

damn, opened or closed looks really good.

13. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Puff I'm not having a go at you but you must have had an idea what TF it was as I have only just opened this account due to the probs I kept having with the other.

It was a blatant double tape with dirt under the new tape and quite obvious, if you say you didnt see then fair enough but you never left me feedback for it and you owe to anyone else who is buying your stuff to check the tapes thoroughly.

I was going to AFA and keep it but I ended up out of pocket for £50 dude

Peace and everything but make sure you truly check :) 

14. Mega-Zarak

Mega-Zarak Well-Known Member

I agree with Red leader. I'm not accusing you of anything Puffmarko but I find it very hard to believe you didn't see the double tapes... Specially for a experienced collector like you.

15. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    do you know the story mega zarak, or are you commenting on the omega supreme?

16. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    My bad!

17. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    If his goal was to get the item AFAed, and you sold him a U.S. or Italian G1 Mirage, then he still could have gotten it AFAed, even if it was double-taped. For items like G1 cars and jets, which come sealed on a bubble inside of a box, all they care about is that the inner bubble containing the toy was never opened and that the plastic baggies containing weapons and instructions/catalogues were never opened. All he'd have to do would be to cut the double-tape, verify that the inner contents weren't opened, and then AFA would have accepted it.

Oh well.

18. Might Gaine

News Credits:
    People make mistakes. Puff Marko has a good reputation in the community, so I don't see why you're doubting him. If this happened over and over, then I could see your point. But as it stands, why can't you believe someone might make a mistake like that?

19. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    Just to clarify I'm not accusing Puff of doing it deliberately just trying to say that if your going to advertise as MISB then make sure its MISB, everything else I had that went to AFA had a single tape and thats the way I want them, I know if the inner is sealed that also good enough but if I had wanted it like that then I would have been satisfied.

Puff was always a nice polite guy, you can tell from peoples demeanour if they are an ass as we see many times on here and he isnt.

20. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    PS it wasnt factory double taped it was simply taped over the original tape with a thicker different type of tape, it cant have been done at the factory as there was a lot of dirt and grub under the tape which doesnt happen.

The dutch guy that sold it to puff was obviously a fibbing git