MISB Grand Maximus on Ebay...

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by payton34, May 3, 2010.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Mathius Maximus

Mathius Maximus Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it's worth more factory sealed. It's a risk you have to take. Once you open it its devalued. If the factory left something out, you're pretty much screwed and you have no way to prove it was this guy, but at the same time I couldn't bring myself to spend the money that people do on some of these rarer figures and then actually take them out of the box and risk damaging or devaluing them. MISB for $500, STAYS in the box after I bought it. It's just too much money to throw away risking wear on it.

Mathius

3. payton34

News Credits:
    That is true...IF, in fact, that it is factory tape on there.

Hopefully one of the other high-end collectors can check this out and give their thoughts on the tape job.

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tape looks to be intact and original.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Im no expert but some of the tape looks a bit iffy to me. The thing about that auction that got my attention and is making me wonder is the fact the guy suggests the winner of the auction have it AFAed to "Increase" its value and yet he never bothered to.

I'm rather suspicious of this auction and while i know this isn't a KO as the rumored KO of fort max and likely repaints to Brave and Grand have yet to surface. I maybe way off base on this but something feels fishy to me.

I also don't like that he refuses to take returns. although i am not sure if EBay/paypal will let him get away with that policy.

6. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

It's possible the seller doesn't sell often on ebay.

Meaning that because it's MISB, it could be damaged inside. If the buyer is a loose collector, and then complains that the item is broke, the seller is just covering his ass.

As said, the factory tape looks sealed.

What looks iffy about the tape? The tape on the sides look perfect. The tape on the top looks to be lifting, which is normal under certain storage conditions.

Maybe the buyer doesn't have the time or extra money to send it to AFA. Maybe he's like you and hates AFA. If it was already AFA'd, you would probably have said something bad about that.

I don't see anything suspicious about this seller.

I don't accept returns on my ebay auctions. If this was against ebay & paypal policies, they wouldn't give me the option to choose.

7. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    with Ebay and Paypal's rules isn't not allowing returns kind of moot as they can force the issue in a dispute? Not saying your a bad seller or this guy is but isn't that how the rules work?

8. Da_Last_2_Walk

Well, it depends.....A paypal dispute can only be opened for certain issues. Unless my item is not received or not as described, ebay & paypal can't force a return.

I don't accept returns because I sell AFA graded toys, and there's no question to my description/condition of the item. If the item is lost or damaged, it is fully insured through the post office. I can also track my items with signature confirmation.

9. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I'll be watching this auction closely.

How much do you think it will end at?

10. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

It should easily break the $1500 barrier. Shipping a grand Max to afa and back is expensive and dangerous. Having a grand max graded will cost you big bucks. There was an AFA 80 listed recently and it did not sell(at least not on Ebay w/ a $13000 Buy It now):inquisiti 
    The problem with ebay lately is that the economy is in the shitter and no one is paying the higher prices for AFA graded G1 like they were 2 years ago.
    There really is no way to tell what this will end at but my guess is $2000. Anything less than $1500 is a steal IMO.

11. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    I understand that and I while I disagree with you on the AFA issue i consider you an upstanding guy and one id do business with.

I too am interested to see where this ends up as of last time I looked it was well under the usual going rate for grand max.

12. Da_Last_2_Walk

While we don't agree about AFA, I thought we came to an understanding regarding both views in another thread.

Thanks for the kind words.....maybe one day you will cross over to the "Dark Side" of AFA collecting! :lol 

13. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    only when i have a fat bank account and you have cookies :lol  and yes we did come to an agreement on that, so don't let it bug ya.

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    My guess:

USD $2,500. :D 

15. payton34

News Credits:
    How much extra do you think being sealed adds to it? Reason I ask, I'm hoping to pick one up at Botcon MIB, I don't care if it's been opened or not as long as it's complete.

16. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

their a freaking idiot if they are going to send something over $600 USPS parcel post WITH NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED...that is asking for a paypal claim against them since paypal requires signature receipt with anything over $250...plus the vagueness of the wording screams scam to me....

17. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Payton-Probably another 350-400 onto the original price.
    It does seem a bit fishy, going for this low.

18. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really? You do realize the auction has 7 days left and its already around 1200.
    I love it when people have no idea what they are talking about.

19. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Its too early to even anticipate that Grand Max will sell at that pricing. Expect to see a sharp price spike about a minute left to go... ;)