Misaligned Windows - 20th DVD Prime...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KMITB, Feb 25, 2007.

1. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    I've search the boards for discussion on this and not finding much, so I'm gonna throw this out there.....I recently picked up DVD Prime on clearance for $40. I would've waited longer, but they might not have cut the price anymore and disposed of the bodies! (snicker) Anyway, the windows on ol' Op are misaligned....in other words, they don't match up. Looking at the figure, the right window is a little lower than the left. I have seen a couple pictures from others and this seems to be more common than I thought. Anyone know the deal and was this a quality control issue? Even the Primus I snagged recently doesn't fit as snug as I thought it would. Maybe it's my bad luck, but if anyone has anything to share on this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Peace,
    K

2. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I've seen a lot of the DVD primes in stores with misaligned windows, and my own MP-04 came with VERY badly misaligned windows, which REALLY ticks me off considering the price of the blasted thing.

3. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Seems to be a very common QC issue. Every DVD prime on the shelf at my local WM is like that. Conversely, my two 20th Ann. Primes I got 3 years ago are just fine.

4. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Yours too ? My MP-04 came with a left misaligned window, but it is not that bad, just pisses the hell out of me! MP-04 was super-expensive for my pocket.

5. KMITB

News Credits:
    Sounds like it's more common. Mine isn't horribly off....but enough to wonder what happened. I think all the packages I saw were like that.....and I thought it was a twist tie thing making them look like that.....guess not!!!

6. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Odd. The only version of this mold I've seen that seems to consistantly have the windows aligned properly is the Korean re-issue MP Convoy. All the others appear to have one window quite a bit lower than the other. As annoying as it is, I've been assured that it's just me being way too picky when I've shown pictures of it to people on my original 20th Prime.

7. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    Huh! My DVD Prime is aligned perfectly as far as I can tell.

8. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I have never seen a single properly-aligned version of that mould. MP-01, MP-02, MP-4, 20th Anniversary and Classics DVD, every one of them has that. It's not a QC problem, it's a problem with the original sculpt.

9. Night Flame

The fact that they can be aligned in some rare cases means that's still open to debate. Though the fact that it's so rare for them to be aligned means that someone messed up in engineering on those particular pieces. They should have been mounted on super heavy hinges if they were going to be that difficult to line up. And there's nothing on either side of them preventing mounting them on solid hinges to begin with.

10. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My MP-02 has a slightly misaligned left window, it's no more than 0.5mm lower than the right where they meet in the middle; it's barely noticable.

11. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

With mine it's the right. Sometimes when I am posing him the right window will open. There's not that big of a gap, but one that annoy's me sometimes.

12. KMITB

News Credits:
    I really don't think it's being picky at all. When you spend that kind of money on something, you expect it to be the best it can be. Something like this doesn't seem like a huge deal to get right. Call me crazy, but if you put that much time into the engineering of a toy, you would think that the windows being even would come with the territory! It still is a masterpiece any way you slice it, just thought that it was something wrong with my particular figure.

13. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

I thought that My dvd prime had this problem the day I bought it, but making sure that the front wheels where snapped completely in to place in robot mode fixed the problem for mine. the windows in alt mode dont have this problem at all for mine. Are people having problems with the windows in both modes or just one?

14. Ultimate_Menasor

Ultimate_Menasor peanut butter jelly time!

my 20th DVD prime's windows seem okay to me.

15. sharkatron

sharkatron Active Member

Actually if you look at the back of the box. Even the Prime that is pictured on the back of the box has a misalligned window.

Mine had a problem where the right window is slightly lower than the left. I was visiting family in AZ and went to the local TRU store and actually saw a Prime that had decent looking windows. But I did not feel splurging another $69 to get that Prime. That one was close to being aligned almost perfectly. Of course I was in Arizona at the time and did not feel like buying the Prime and taking it back with me on the flight back to CA. Too much of a hassel to lug that back with me in the suitcase

16. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine has slightly misaligned windows, but then so does my original 20th Anniversary Prime. It's not so bad that anyone would notice unless they were studying it closely though.

17. Diaclone X

Diaclone X MS Paint Demon!

I don't think mine has this problum but my left one does have trouble shuting all the way

18. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    My MP Ultra Magnus has perfectly aligned windows and the 20th Prime I bought my nephew has much better alignment than my MP Prime. There are some good ones out there, but the norm is for the windows to be off by a bit.

19. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Why not return it for a new one?

20. Night Flame

If you do, good luck finding one without the alignment problem to replace it with.