Customs: Minor repaint advice (TR Blaster and Skullcruncher)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Thundershot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Titans Return Blaster is probably the best Blaster figure we've ever had (not that we've had many). I want to paint his head to match my favorite incarnation of Blaster... Marvel Comics.

The helmet is painted clear plastic. I just need to make the silver forehead red. I have leftover Vallejo flat dark red from my Botcon Ratchet. Should I use that? If so, should I put a layer of testors flat medium gray first? I just want it to match the rest of the helmet as much as possible. As for the face, it needs to be yellow. I have a yellow sharpie paint pen. Should I use that? I'm new at painting Transformers :lol 

Finally I'm turning TR Skullcruncher into a body for the upcoming Megalligator head that comes with Convobay. I got all of the pink parts disassembled and am starting to put an under cost of medium gray. What color of green would be the best to match Skullcruncher?

Thanks in advance!

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    image.jpeg I did Blaster and I think he came out fine (he looks better in person than the picture), but I'm not sure about Skullcruncher/Megaligator. I found the darkest Model Master green I could find called Dark Green Pearl, and it's very runny... Not at all as nice as the gray undercoat. I just did the tail. It'll take at least a couple coats before I see if it's going to be right. The color doesn't seem to match the swatch. We'll see... I was hoping for the same texture.. I thought "pearl" was just part of the color name, not the way it looks...