Minor/Repaint: minor paint and customizing Bruticus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Autobot78, Aug 21, 2009.

?

favorite g1 combiner

Poll closed Aug 28, 2009.
  1. devastator

42.9%
  2. bruticus

28.6%
  3. predaking

33.3%
  4. defensor

11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    this is my first paint and attempt at customizing. after recently seeing FrenzyRumble and Malfunctions oh and the sabrina ng x thypira works i was amased. i researched as much as i could and gave my best attempt and 4hrs later got this. im very dissappointed and want all and any suggestions and what to do. i want to make a FrenzyRumble like combiner and this is what i get. i love it but its not even a custom in the FrenzyRumble since. thanks for stopping by God bless you and yours.

Attached Files:

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The first mistake you're making is comparing yourself to other customizers. Being disappointed because something didn't turn out like someone else's is counter-productive to the learning process. Everyone has their talents, and you'll come in to yours with practice and patience. It'll take time, reading tutorials, experimentation and talent, but in the end it'll be worth it.

For what you've done here, I think it looks great (the lack of Unicron/Primus parts is refreshing:D ). The figure looks solid, and well put-together. Maybe a few more shots of it vertical rather than horizontal would be nice, but all in all, well done!

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Are you kidding? I LOVE what you've done here, it's a True Scramble-Power combiner, but with GORGEOUS proportions, added posability, and great paint-apps.

This is all kinds of vintage-cool!

D/L

4. cowclone

cowclone I am lost..were am I?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bruticus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)  :) 

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I completely agree with this, and I'll throw in the fact that you're trying your first hand at a G1 figure. Not the easiest thing to first work with. So for what you've got there for a first attempt, yea it looks really good, and from what I can tell, your paint looks great! It seems you're starting with the right idea's in mind, so like Yaujta said, paitence, practice and your already aparrent skills, you'll do great.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You're going to set yourself up to fail if you try meeting the standards of an elite and experienced customizer on your first attempt.

7. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

lookks pretty good man. i myself im just starting in the customizing area and have 8 projects in the works. just keep tryin like me. we'll both get better with time! i wish u the best in the future in all u do!

8. thyvipera

thyvipera ThyVipera

i really like this, and especially this is your first custom? that's awesome man.

if you're going to continue your custom work, i reccomend an airbrush and airbrush compressor. you can start out with a cheap airbrush and get the feel and hang of it, and then upgrade to a better gun.

an airbrush does wonders, takes less time, and the paint apps will look great.

i really like this bruticus, does he still transform into the combaticons?

9. 1-10

1-10 Well-Known Member

:jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :jawdropper: :throw  thats better then my first custom :rolleyes2  its not even done

10. iam82nz

iam82nz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Try not to be so discouraged upon your first attempt, being so what you've done so far is quite neat. One way you could go about it is by following the G1 custom Bruticus in the Gallery - customs section done by The Devastator.

11. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    wow i findly found a home. who would have thought that there is a place where you can find this many human beings as cool as you all in one place. thank you thank you thank you. i mean in one day i got responses from masters and students alike with awesome feed back. i do feel my ignorance when i think that i was trying for a FrenzyRumble or a Thyvipera custom on my first try. i hope this insult to the masters can be forgiven for i now see my stupidity. i will study all the great works of art on this site and others before even making another attempt, i will take all the suggestions and do as many practices with scrap pieces until something that looks presentable appears. then i will attempt to complete this Bruticus. thank you all very much for your time and input looking forward to seeing all your works as well. God bless you and yours.

12. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    yes master Thyvipera it does. i used Gundam custom thighs because of there rubber connectors that where a similiar size as the bruticus combiner connectors and used c-3po's stims as the joints in the elbows and ankles, so the forearms and feet slide out just like the fist and original shoes did allowing for normal transformation. i told Sabrina ng when you all where selling your Menasor on ebay recently that it was the sickest Menasor i had seen. and it belonged in a museum along with FrenzyRumble's work. thank you

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Looks good to me. Have fun doing customs. If I compared myself with the other guys I would have just given up. All I do are repaints and enjoy doing that. I haven't even tried doing combiners. My first real attempt was the Burger King 1st movie toys. You just jumped in and did a freaking combiner. You got balls. You jumped in the deep end of the pool while I tip toed in the baby pool first.

14. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    i hope you got alot of money for them they are beautiful. and now i know that i nearly did commit suicide thats why i will take advice and start in the baby pool. thank you for your compliment