minor news: Rhino planning big marketing push for DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KidDynamite, Apr 22, 2007.

1. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Not big news, and probably not unexpected, but Rhino still retains the rights to Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and Armada, and they are planning a big marketing push behind them this summer to tie in with the movie. It's not expected to be new releases but rather promoting the current editions already out there, but that could change.

If nothing else, it confirms that they DO still retain the rights to everything they released except G1. I know a lot of people had speculated that they didn't and any left in the retail channel were just overstock.

from TV Shows on DVD:

2. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

That has to be one of the dumbest business decisions I've ever read. Why on earth would they promote something thats already out there, if no re-release was planned? Pass that huge grain of salt.

3. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Because advertising is cheaper than doing new editions. Kinda like how movie tie-in toylines get a second marketing push when the DVD comes out, regardless if new product is out or not.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Ok...heres hoping that they will be cheaper than before.

5. murphbri

murphbri Well-Known Member

Interesting. I don't remember any advertising for these in the past, so I'm curious as to what the (low-budget) Rhino has in mind.

6. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I hope they go on sale, cause I never did pick them up.

7. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I call a WTF.

I missed Armada in its entirety, and while I know it's not the most amazing series, I've seen a few episodes that I've managed to download, and I liked it okay.

I've seen most of Beast Wars on popular video sharing website, and I'm completely enamored. I WANT that series on DVD. I liked Beast Machines too.

I've never seen ANY of these three serieses on DVD at any store. I want a rerelease.

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope Disney/Saban or whoever really owns the distribution right for RID follows suit and releases the series in DVD. It's the last of the US released TF series that I need.

9. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Because since its already out there you can buy it RIGHT NOW instead of waiting for a certain date.

Also, more ad dollars means retailers can and will order more with confidence they'll sell.

Finallyy, keep in mind theres going to be LOTS of new fans with the movie. And lots of old fans who never knew these shows existed. Its important to Rhino to get that word out, and its helpful for new fans to know theres more to Transformers than just one movie.

10. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Well, I'm still holding out hope for a re-release. Even though i already have all of Beast Wars and Beast Machines on DVD, it'd be nice if they were reissued with more conistant packaging. It's weird looking on my bookshelf and seeing BW season 1 in that big silver bookstyle packaging... then seasons 2 & 3 in the cool looking cardboard folders.

I'm weird, i guess.