Minor inconsistencies and Errors

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ojcoolj1, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ojcoolj1

ojcoolj1 Active Member

News Credits:
    ^ Self explanatory. Sort of like the Transofrmers Prime "Headscratchers" thread on tvtropes.

2. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

Well, there quite a bit if we are to believe WFC and Prime are in the same continuity.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    After T.M.I, Megatron never agains asks if the Autobots have Starscream or wait, did Optimus say Screamer ran off?

4. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave picked up Arcee mentioning Jasper, NV and nothing happened.

5. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    That's all based around whether or not you stick with Hasbro on their conclusion of making everything in the Aligned Continuity canon.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Family. Just like G1 Marvel and G1 cartoon. Both G1, not the same continuity.

Except for sending two Vehicons after her which is how Jack and Raf met the Autobots.

7. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    I would agree with that . . . if they didn't care about contradictions. But they do, and they are trying their best to make as little of them as possible. Why bother if they're not the same story/continuity? That's why I don't believe in continiuty family for Aligned.

8. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

Here something that was never explained how come Megatron doesn't know where the Autobot Base is, he was in Bumblebee for a while and yet never found out that tidbit of info. Makeshift-Wheeljack found out in like a day when he infiltrated the bot HQ. It seems the writers didn't think that one thru too well or properly explain it to cover up any plotholes, they did with Makeshift they had him killed before he could tell anyone.

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because Megatron shared Bumblebees head does not mean he had access to 'Bees memories. At no point did the base location come up while he was there, thus he had no way of learning it. Makeshift only found out the location of the base because Miko told him while believing he was Wheeljack.

I thought it was stated that while they were working to minimize contradictions, they were also allowing the creators of the various parts have some freedom in their storytelling.

10. CloudFF7

CloudFF7 Well-Known Member

I know he didn't share Bumblebees memories, or that the base location come up in conversation, it just he was there presumably for days and didn't found out anything not even the ground bridge coordinates(which is weird since he used the ground bridge).

11. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    Okayyyyy. But that doesn't really relate to Aligned. Better storytelling works everywhere.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Now that you mention it, yeah, it seems weird that he never just found out. Surely Bumblebee must have left the base other than the Groundbridge ONCE while Megatron was inside his mind?

Also here's one: Ratchet stated he knew Optimus before he was a Prime, so why does Optimus not know Megatron is lying? I mean surely it doesn't believe his closest friend would just become evil? (honestly I would buy that considering Megatron did, but he doesn't remember Megatron and only has his word Ratchet's bad)

Which is kind of a downer that got overlooked (so it seems) because otherwise Megatron's being rather clever and believable in his lie to Optimus.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't know how close Ratchet was to Optimus before the war really. Only that he knew him. There is no contradiction because there is no solid statement, all we know is that Ratchet knew him before which is addressed in dialogue when Optimus says "I cannot believe Ratchet would do something like this". It will however be odd if in one future episode they show a pre-war flashback with Ratchet and Optimus being particularly close since that would imply a closer friendship other than "yeah i knew him before he got popular"

14. megapork

megapork Cheese

It applies a lot to aligned. All of these Shows, Video games, and novels are following a Bible that is the basic skeleton of the franchise. Hasbro allows the major players of these franchises creative freedom in some aspects but as long as they are still following the basic thought of their blueprints(the bible i referred to). That is what shroob meant by Continuity Family. In layman's terms, hasbro lays out a map then the guys in charge of hasbro's babies interpret the map freely and individually leading to deviations such as these continuity errors. Kind of like the editors are to the writers and aritsts over at IDW. They still have good storytelling but in their own way and style.

PS: By the logic that all of them should be in the same continuity then titan magazines should also be considered canon in prime. The same with the movieverse, if all parts of the movieverse are the same continuity then even the ridiculous titan comics and a games are considered canon.

15. StarryAqua

News Credits:
    All of that makes sense since it's basically what I said from the beginning. But Continuity Family doesn't work. It does with G1, but not Aligned. They're making multiple stories connect to each other (story-wise, not content and relation-wise). The fact that they said Rescue Bots is in the same universe as Prime just blew my mind, but it still supports what I'm saying.