Minor Classics 2.0 And Disappointing Titanium News, from Toyfare magazine

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TJOmega, Dec 13, 2007.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Classics 2.0 Toyfare Article News

From Toyfare Magazine, via AllSpark:

EDIT: Thanks goes to TFW2005 member Trek for the following-

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2007
  2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sounds like Octane and Warpath. That's got to be why the Allspark Power repaint has Warpath's name. Bang, Ka-Pow!

3. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    woo for Classics 2.0

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Interesting. I was hoping that Grimlock and Prowl would be released, but, oh well, I'll get over it quick. Here's hoping that the tank is Warpath. I can see them taking him later on, and be able to retool/repaint him into Brawl for a Classics update of Bruticus. I personally hope that they do a remold/repaint of Sideswipe as Red Alert sometime down the line, as that wouldn't be too hard to do. We already know who the triple changer will be, so, nothing realy new there except that he'll be the only triple-changer in this first run.

5. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Hmm Warpath was an unexpected one for me, but if its good I'll snatch it up. Ocatane will be promising. What repaints can they do for Warpath?

6. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    "Yay!" to ANY news on the next Classics figures. A great big "So what?" on no Titanium Prowl or Grimlock. Hasbro should stick to durable figures made of Playschool plastic instead of making awful, floppy Tits. I'm sure they can make some "OMG! Teh WAR WITHIN!" designs elsewhere.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good news about Classics 2.0... interesting to hear about the tank... maybe Warpath or Brawl? Could be Bludgeon too considering his popularity in the fandom, but I'm going to go with Warpath simply based on the fact that Hasbro just named one of the new Target Exclusive Scouts Warpath.

We know the Triple Changer is going to be Octane as that was mentioned at Botcon so no real news there.

Interesting information about each wave consisting of five figures... looks like we already know most of wave one than: Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Octane, unknown tank and another totally unknown. I also like the tidbit about switching up the transformation and giving new heads to the repaints as we already know from Botcon that that's what they already did with the twins. Be nice to see that for others too if he can sense he seems to want to.

As for Titaniums... can't say I care. The WWI designs were nice, but Titaniums are the largest hunk of shit Transformers that I've ever bought. I doubt they'd even be popular short of the WWI designs and the couple of G1 updates they did 'cause that shit makes fans go bonkers even if it's poo on a stick.

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    5 figures per wave? I'm concerned that keeping to such a strict regime will be detrimental to the line. Even GI Joe dropped that after 4 regular waves. 5 is more than we usually see in a wave, so my concern is that we will see longer gaps between waves than we usually do with mainline products.

Seems with mainlines, Hasbro releases new waves every other month for deluxes, but we vary between 2-3 figures per wave. With 5 per wave that gap might stretch to every 2-3 months.

And as an impatiant fan, that is simply too long a wait :p 

But I'm glad to hear Universe 2.0 is getting such support off the bat.

9. dark gundam

dark gundam PowerMaster

They may not do a repaint of Warpath, although I guess he could be Bludgeon, remember the article states that the triple changer and tank are only part of the new assortments, its possible they'll repaint one of the ones we haven't heard about.

10. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    well we knew about octane

11. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    But how STRICT is it? This is a "summary" of a an "article" with a "quote" about this "plan". So... no need to be strict in interpretting it. Is there any "strict" language? Or is 5 just an "average" to expect per wave? Also, plans change all the time. Even if they mean to be strict about it right now, a year and a half from now when they're on wave 3/4/5 I wouldn't expect them to necessarily feel the same way.

How many is in a usual wave? Since there are deluxes and ultras I'm interpretting 5 per wave as 4 deluxes and 1 ultra which seems normal. I think I'd expect something like wave 1 to have 4 deluxes & 1 ultra released immediately and then wave 2 to have 2 deluxes and 1 ultra with wave "2.5" to have 2 more deluxes to spread things out a bit more, kinda like Ramjet and Cliffjumper showing up later after Grimlock & Mirage.

12. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We knew about Octane but BLAM! Warpath would be WHAM! Awesome! Zing!

And I didn't expect much more for the Titanium line. I really wanted Soundblaster, though.

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    :banghead: 

14. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm going to fair the guess that the TANK is Galvatron. Personally I would love to see all the minibots made after BB and the Cosmo prototype but I think we will be see good ol' aformentioned Galvatron.

Thank
    Transbot90210

15. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds good. Too bad about the Tits though, at least they gave us a window into other Transformers universes (WWI, G.I. Joe crossover). I'm hoping that makes it way over to the new Universe line.

You hear that Hasbro? Make me a comic-accurate Hearts of Steel Bumblebee, and I'll buy all the purple and yellow repaints you want to produce!

16. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  Isn't it fun to type like that?

17. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want Cosmos!

Also on the Titaniums note how Hasbro said:

Hopefully we will see WW Prowl and Grimmy in some other line. Somehow, someway.

18. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any Classics 2.0 news is good news. The tank is welcome, but it may or may not be Warpath. It could just as easily be Hardhead. They did say they were looking at all years, not just '84-'85.

Sounds like we're getting 2 waves of 4 deluxes and 1 Ultra each. Not bad. Hopefully many more waves coming.

I want to see more War Within toys sooner or later, but the Titaniums were made of such fail, I wont even miss these. I am glad Hasbro canned them.

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That sucks about the Tits, but I wasn't really expecting them to ever be widely released anyway. At least Don has a couple.

More Classics news is always welcome. "Tank" is kind of vague, could be a lot of characters. Warpath, Brawl (not likely), Bludgeon, Quake, or several others. Personally, I'd prefer Warpath, as we've never gotten a new take on the Autobots' little red tank with Tourette Syndrome.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm...I could see that. Now that I think about it, an Ultra sized tank would be awesome, though I personally would rather see Galvatron have a more Cybertronian alt-mode.