MINNESOTANS: Looking for CONvergence TF panelists

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Foster, May 17, 2007.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    CONvergence is a sci-fi con held annually in Minneapolis the weekend after the Fourth of July. This year, there will be a Transformers panel discussion talking about the movie, the toys and the fandom. I've been recruited to lead the panel and recruit others to help energize the discussion.

I'm planning on bringing movie toys, Classics and MP toys to illustrate the diversity of TF designs over the years. I think it will be a blast to debate the movie's strengths and weaknesses among the local sci-fi community on its opening weekend. Anyone, particularly Minnesotans/Wisconsinites interested in getting together and BS'ing about the movie in public?

http://www.convergence-con.org/

2. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Check your PM box, dude.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sounds interesting, I've never heard of it. What's this con like? Big? Are there TFs to be found in the dealer room?

Speaking in front of a huge room of sci-fi geeks is NOT something I would be able to handle, but going could be an option.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's a good time with good people. General Sci-fi, one of the biggest in the midwest. People travel in from the 5-state region. It's at the Sheraton in Bloomington, at 494 and 100. They're best known for outrageous cabana parties with kegs, lowpriced cocktails, 24-hour movie room, panels, cute little cosplay girls dressed like they're in Final Fantasy or some anime. One year I saw a Klingon wedding. The frosting looked like blood.

The dealer room has geek stuff like t-shirts, books, action figures, leather goods. I'll be looking at picking up a new boot knife there, there was a cool dealer there last year. Didn't see any TFs though. There's probably an opening for a couple of good toy dealers.

MMM, I'd expect the panel to have an audience of 25-50. Wally Wingert will be a paneliet. He worked on RiD as a voice actor. So I'd recommend attending it to any TF fans.

5. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I would be interested if it weren't so close to Botcon. I'll be literally spent, and probably in debt by July 2nd....

6. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I asked the GF about this, and apparently she went to this years ago in high school. She said it was one big crazy drunken bash.

I'm in.

7. KanedaX

KanedaX Twitchy Triggerbot

Ebay:
    I just got done with ACen in Chicago, I think I'm conventioned out for a bit.

Besides, hanging out in a room full of TF fanatics kinda frightens me.

Have fun, though.

8. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I guess I'm out. We're going up to someone's lake cabin that weekend.

If plans change, I'll still hit this up.