Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Yeah, if you're getting shockwave just for the shockwave part, you're probably not getting your money's worth. But I feel like people would feel that way if he was a standalone voyager as well, because Shockwave is a really simplistic TF. Heck, even the MP is pretty basic (and like with sideswipe, he's a slightly simplified version of the MP transformation). I think his armor could have been a little cooler, but the upshot for me is that it does work on other figures, which is pretty cool. Magnus is better overall, but I've liked him less because he doesn't interact much with the rest of the line, and like T-hybrid said, his armor is Magnus Only.
    All of that aside.... it would be nice if Siege was a little cheaper. As much as I like the line, I'm probably going to avoid nearly all the repaints and remolds because it's not worth it.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    I dunno. Reflector is being sold as a standalone Deluxe with an "alt-mode" while you need three to recreate the camera. But maybe it's easier for Hasbro to take that chance at the Deluxe price point where there's three other bots in the wave to help push sales.

So you could be on to something. They didn't think a standalone Shockwave would sell well enough to kids to take up one of the two Voyager slots in a wave, so they came up with the armor as a way to beef up his submarine mode for the kiddos while being minimally invasive to his core robot's alt mode for the collectors who know to turn him upside down.

What's going to be really interesting is what comes next. Are leaders going to be more like Magnus or are they going to be more like Shockwave...rumors are there's only one more in this line (yikes) and it's a retool of Magnus. So whatever comes after Siege will be the tell.

3. einhazard

I wish they'd just continue doing evolution-type guys, but make them a little bigger. I really want a Starsaber, and as we've discussed here before, I'm still curious what Arcee and Hound would have been like in Evolution form.

And I suppose 2 leader molds isn't too much of a stretch. PotP only had 3 leader molds, and they shelfwarmed HARD. Maybe it's just bringing things up to that price means stuff doesn't move, so they'd rather not waste their time on it.

4. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

I think Leaders are a hard price point to move much off - but you want the "cool" figure for marketing purposes. Hard for them to balance.
    Hopefully 2 Leaders is the sweet spot as I would hate for them to go away.

And the occasional single Titan NEEDS to stay IMHO: already tucking money away for OS. !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Could very well be. Up until Jetfire, there weren't Leader figures at all for the Generations line so maybe they're being scaled back again.

Star Saber seems like a natural fit for Siege as well. An alt you can call Cybertronian, and the smaller robot/armor motif works regardless following the PotP model or the Siege model. There's even room in the Leader box for larger robots if they're so inclined.

I could also seeing them getting converted into something "new" as time goes on. Again, PotP was a Deluxe figure with Voyager armor, and Siege appears to be the reverse.

So if that model sells well enough, do they slowly convert the Leader price point into some kind of "pack" where you get a more defined standalone figure (Let's say Voyager) and then an armor upgrade kit that's themed to them but compatible with other Deluxe/Voyagers?

---------------

Oh, also...forgot to mention Eagan Target this morning had a pair of Voyagers and a pair of Leaders for Siege, as well as the full offering of Botbots (singles, 5, and 8 packs). No Deluxes or any -master figures.

6. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Seems most of the stores around the North Metro have finally done resets. Found another Leader Siege Ultra Magnus at Coon Rapids Target today.

Also, PotP Optimal Optimus was $31 in clearance area along with an $11 PotP Grimlock.

7. einhazard

The other cool part about Shockwave is you can do stuff like this:

upload_2019-1-10_11-48-22.png

I call it 'Megashock' XD

For real though, there's a peg on the inside of Shockwave's super canon that only exists so it can attach to other figures.

8. NICKBOT

NICKBOT It's rough out there, stop being MN Niceā„¢.

News Credits:
    Oh, cool. Megatron can dock with other figures.

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Can Megatron wear the armor in bot mode?

10. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Have you found a way to combine that with Overlord and Sixshot to make Swerve's deepest fear?

11. einhazard

haha yeah. There's a port in Shockwave's super gun that he can't even use and seems to fit perfectly on Megatron's barrel... his feet also make the top of the canon, if you prefer. The side wings don't hold super well, tho.

Sssssorrrrrta. Shockwave's shoulders won't fit over his, but you can do this:

upload_2019-1-10_16-36-2.png

Shockwave's shoulders DO fit over most of the deluxes though. Haven't tried Prime.

EDIT: They do not fit on Prime, but can still plug in. And you can make him a sick bow!

upload_2019-1-10_16-43-4.png

Hahahaha, man I suppose I could get those out and see.... XD

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Viperstryke

Viperstryke New Member

Picked up Cog and Sideswipe at Walmart in Albert Lea. Still a few more deluxes. No Voyager and leaders, yet.

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Burnsville Target has that Bee Movie Soundwave for 70% off. $15 doesn't seem so bad.

14. einhazard

Transformers toy collector eyes record

This seems like a low number for the record.... but then, I've never actually counted how many TF's I have. That said, just counting bot bots on my shelf here, I have over 60...

ALSO: Dang dude, I'd buy that soundwave for $15 in a heartbeat. But then, Soundwave is also my favorite.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    The world record is only 1000? I probably beat that years ago (if you count 3rd party too which they probably don't).

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Wonder if Hiro could challenge that...

17. einhazard

I dunno. First thing the guy in the video whips out is PE Leonidas.... I've collected nearly every retail 1p figure I could get my hands on for the last 20 years. That's gotta be a lot. I wonder if they count all minibots? What about small pseudo-TF's like the little guys that they released with movie 4 and 5? FURTHER RESEARCH NEEDED.

18. cire87

cire87 Well-Known Member

Hiro Prime?
    He's told me about his collection so many times.

19. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Savage Target has OP, Megs, UM, and Shockwave. FYI

20. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Siege Voyagers and leaders available at Waconia Target.
    Megatron and Ultra Magnus at Minnetonka target off of seven and 101

Anyone need anything let me know. We can meet in the Meto

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019