Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't really notice it all that much. Shockwave looks like Shockwave. Maybe it's cause I'm so used to the overly busy designs of the live-action movie Transformers, it doesn't really bother me.

I like that Hasbro at least gives us mostly a way to remove that battle damage paint if we want by putting it usually on unpainted plastic parts. I even made sure with Magnus should I ever get around to doing it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

I'm with @MST3KFan - I like playing with Shockwave more because UM is just a really solid UM and Shockwave is something new.

Also as for the 'greeble' (ugh, this fandom would think of a term like that), Shockwave is so dark I don't really notice the extra detail, and none of it really seems to busy or cluttered. I don't care about the battle damage on the deluxes. It doesn't look great on the voyagers, but I think it looks like solid weathering on the leaders. Reminds me of SS Grimlock.

3. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

Isn't greeble a model-building term or something?

4. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    I actually had to look the word up honestly... >_>

A greeble is a fine detailing added to the surface of a larger object that makes it appear more complex, and therefore more visually interesting. It usually gives the audience an impression of increased scale.

So I assumed it was referring to either the insane amount of detailing on the figure, or the 'battle damage' paint. I guessed the detailing was what was being mentioned as there are a lot of detail lines on Shockwave, but again, it doesn't really bother me. Still is a pretty good Shockwave that stands awesome next to Siege Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  5. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The greebles on Shockwave don't bother me at all. He's easily the classics Shockwave I've wanted forever, and for that he's easily worth the price of admission for me.

One UM still at the IGH Target.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

Good to know about Shockwave. Starscream still looks like trash!

7. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Eh. I'm not too concerned over his robot mode. Just the tetra jet mode looks goofy cause of the robot bits sticking out.

I take a bit more grievance with the Prowl figure with his knee joints being translucent plastic. I fear the breakage on him and if they do Bluestreak and Smokescreen.

Also, since they did Starcream's tetra jet mode, I wonder if Jazz, Bumblebee and Wheeljack will get their Cybertronian vehicle modes...I kinda would prefer them not to and just kinda do what they're doing with the other characters and kinda merging the Earth modes with Cybertronian.

8. Riddler87

Riddler87 Well-Known Member

Just dropping in to say that Midway Target had wave 1 of Siege Voyagers and Leaders. I picked up one of figure and left one of each figure there, really gald I still had some Christmas money saved up because they all feel great and have some nice heft to them. They also had all of the bot-bots stuff set out as well.

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Secret Walmart was in the middle of marking PotP for Clearance and putting out Siege Deluxes and Voyagers.

There's more in back, she said, but the 25th is the official reset date.

Eagan Target was in the middle of redoing it's entire toy layout. All of the PotP stuff looks to have been pulled down, presumably ahead of being formally moved to the Clearance section.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  10. Foster

Foster Veteran

News Credits:
    As of yesterday downtown Target had the Siege wave 1 voyagers and leaders. Two of each figure.

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Apple Valley Target off Pilot appears to have moved the PotP Clearance items...somewhere (I had squirreled away an Optimal when Clearance started but apparently someone either found and bought him or an employee moved them along with the few Solo vehicles he was hiding behind) ...it's also possible they've all sold out between Sunday and today.

Meanwhile, they're fully stocked with Siege in its place. Two Magni and a Shockwave this morning, along with two Primes and a Megatron. Also a case of Deluxe (minus one Sideswipe) and what looks like a full compliment of Battle and Micromasters.

They also had Botbots. Solos were hanging on the peg, so not as convenient as the display case we saw earlier in Bloomington. Several 5-packs and 8-packs, but I don't know enough to recognize if all of the ones we know about currently are there.

Enjoy. If you spot that Optimal let me know.

12. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Champlin SuperTarget had the Siege Leaders. 2 Ultra Magnus and 1 Shockwave.

And huge shout out to kibble for meeting up with me to sell me his MP Skywarp and Thundercracker. My MP Seeker teams are now complete!

• Like Like x 2
  13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

No, no...thank you!

And damn it's cold out! I was getting pretty used to 30 and 40 degree weather.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Yeah. No way one could stand outside for long today without lots of layered clothing. Though we seem to be slightly warming up again by the weekend. This winter has felt like the opposite of last year's...and I'm not complaining. Granted last year my drive to work was longer and I was driving an older car. Now I work closer to home with a newer car. Maybe that has something to do with it... Yeah. LOL

15. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Target on White Bear Ave has Siege leaders Ultra Magnus & Shockwave, no deluxe or voyagers. Picked up Shockwave. I definitely feel like I got taken. While Shockwave looks like the Classics version I've been waiting for, paying 50 bucks for what is essentially a Voyager/deluxe figure is a hard pill to swallow. Let's face it, I have zero interest in all the extra shit they put on him to make him a leader price point, only wanted a proper new version of him to go with my other Cons. I feel like maybe I shoulda waited and bought a stripped down version of him on eBay.

16. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Honestly Shockwave will likely never be cheap on ebay without getting extremely lucky.

17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    PotP Leaders were Deluxes with a Voyager worth of armor, while Seige appears to be Voyagers with a Deluxe worth of armor. So the MSRP (unfortunately) adds up.

The problem is nothing else in the Siege line has undergone a similar transition. And they're not doing enough to market the "armor-up" aspect because Cog is currently the only Weaponizer and Magnus can't share his armor with anybody. That just leaves Shockwave, which makes him the anomaly more than the rule.

And no one is going to sell a stripped down version because the sled on its own is worthless.

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Might be cheap on Amazon at some point, though...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Inferno v3

Inferno v3 Well-Known Member

Haven’t seen much for TF stuff, but this gem got posted on Reddit.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Stopped over to Blaine North Ulysses Walmart and went poking around. The TFs in the normal aisle were sparse but I wandered over to the clearance aisle and found G1 Hot Rod for $15 (facing the wrong way still of course, but for that price I figured why not). They also had Skrapnel and Beachcomber over there for $5. If you haven't already, now's the time to grab them!