Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

So, while the leaders are small, UM especially is hefty. I keep playing with Shockwave more, though, since he's a new take on the character where as Magnus is just a really solid Magnus. I do feel like the price is a little steep compared to some of the other size classes in Siege, but they're still both a lot of fun. My only real quibble is that I wish Shockwave's armor was more modular... more like Cog than a 'this has to go here' sort of thing. I'm gonna keep messing with it, though.

Also, I don't really care about a lot of the battle damage paint in Siege, but I think the weathering on both of these guys is really good.

Also also, I got MPM VW Bee from one of the ebay sales days last month for about $40, and I like him! I think he's a better figure than the first MPM bee, and even though his vehicle mode is a bit of a fiddly mess and his bot mode doesn't look super screen-accurate, he's fun and worth picking up if you find him on sale. That said, with all that diecast he still surprisingly weighs about the same as Siege Magnus. XD

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Anyone else irritated the Botbots multi packs have figures from the single packs in them? I feel dumb for buying a full set of single figures now.

3. einhazard

There's definitely some overlap, but here's a chart that tells you what comes in what so you can plan as little overlap as possible. Over half of the blind bag ones aren't in any other packs, so you can feel assured on that at least. XD

(If the link gives you a 403 when you click it, just refesh and it should work)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if the current wave of blind bags will be it for "Series 1" or if they'll come out with a second wave that takes some of the bots out of the sets and puts them in blind bags.

Because it feels like theses are supposed to be a trading game...with people buying packs and blinds and having extras, but the way it's set up currently there's no real good way to get stuff that doesn't leave one with ALL OF THE SAME EXTRAS as everybody else.

5. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

I just can't get into this Botbots thing. It's like Hasbro is trying to make collecting fun or something!

I forgot to mention I picked up one of the Siege Megatrons at Bloomington Target last night, leaving one behind. As I hoped, this copy does not have the loose ankle tilt.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Numsay

Numsay Well-Known Member

If anyone sees the new Star wars archive black series on the shelves in the south metro please post here. I guess they come out tomorrow.

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Apple Valley South is void of PotP *and* Siege. Not even seeing pegs for the new stuff.

8. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. For the past several weeks... I have been a little busy at work and with The Holidays and just found out my wife and I will soon be having our first child!

Looking for Siege COG and SkyTread if anyone spots one could you give me a heads up?

*And if I can find a GREAT price on a Hasbro MP10 to pass down to my future child, that would be AWESOME!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    So first...Congratulations!!! Very exciting, life changing stuff right there.
    Second...I'm considering selling my Hasbro MP-10, and replacing it with something else. It's loose/ complete if that's something you're interested in.

• Like Like x 2
  10. einhazard

Congrats dude!

bloomington's been restocking siege fairly consistently of late, so if that's on your way I'd give it a look. Seems like everywhere should have them in a week or two anyway, since I've seen all of wave 1 in stores now.

ALSO:
    Selling my botbot extras if you don't wanna bother with overlap. If you're interested, PM me today. My nephew's coming over tomorrow and I'm giving whatever is leftover to him.
    Pricing is $3 for 1, $10 for 5, and $15 for 8, just like retail. Here's what I have:
    Sticky McGee (Tape dispenser)
    Fit Ness Monster (fitbit)
    Point Dexter x2 (pencil)
    S'up Dawg (corn dog)
    Fottle Barts (Ketchup)
    Shredder Jack (nachos)
    NRJeez (pop can)
    Waddlepop (ice cream bar/penguin)
    Laceface (football)
    Batsby (bat)
    Frohawk (spray paint)
    Slaphappy (ruler)
    Sippy Slurps (slushy cup)

PM me if you're interested and I'll set 'em aside.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Thank you both! We are excited... I’ll PM you ServO.

Saw some nice clearances at Target 50% off:

POTP deluxe Jazz, NovStar, Blot and Cutthroat

POTP Lead Rodimus Prime

Bumblebee Soundwave and cassette packs

9109402F-E531-407F-949C-6A9BE8B6E77A.jpeg D353F4EF-55B9-48BF-8BF5-11C923182EF2.jpeg

If anyone needs anything let me know!

Attached Files:

12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    What part of MN are you in? @einhazard may be interested in that Nova for $9.

Might need to double back to a few of the Targets that had Primal if they've been reduced again. If anyone sees one below $25... consider seeing if they'll put it on hold because I'd probably pay that.

Maybe even a Unicronus.

13. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Live in Chaska, saw them at Waconia. Work in Plymouth, also NE Minneapolis.
    @einhazard LMK about Nova

I’d be on that list for Primal and or a Unicronus at $22.48 also. I’ll keep my eye out if I see multiples.

• Like Like x 2
  14. einhazard

I'm still on the fence about her. I keep going back and forth since there's an official combiner now but all the limbs are the same figure...

Also looks like those bot bot spares I have will still be on sale. Nephew wasn't interested because they don't turn into cars or dinos. XD

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  15. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Really?

Cuz I thought the complete opposite. It felt like a make up for the fans that didn't get the G1 they wanted the Bay films to be. The opening of the film on Cybertron is great, I'll take an entire movie of that please. My problem was the rest of the movie. Too much teenage coming of age that was just a female version of Sam. Although she was not annoying as hell like Sam was. Most of the human parts, most of the movie, was a complete snooze fest to me. I guess I wanted to see more action, which the Bay movies do have. I couldn't figure out if this is supposed to be a reboot when it clearly contradicts the first Bay movie, although those movies are also terrible at sticking with the cannon.

16. einhazard

Couple things:
    I prefer no humans in my robot times, but since it's gonna happen in Hollywood, I think we got better significantly than we have.
    Yeah the Bay movies have more action, but you can't see what's going on half the time and it just looked like a bunch of silvery crap slapping toghether. This one you could see what was going on, and I liked that. (man, what a low bar)
    The bay movies contradict the bay movies, so I'm not worried about it. Also they've said that as far as the Autobots dropping in the 80's goes, they came to Earth, rallied, and then went back to Cybertron. It's a bit goofy, but it does work.

Either way, no one pooped or farted or got HILARIOUSLY HIGH ON POT BROWNIES HAHAHAHAHA YOU GUYS so I'd say it's a step up. I wouldn't call it life-changing, but it was at least good.

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I think humans can be done well, just as long they're not the central focus of the story. I haven't had a chance to see Bee yet, but it sounds like this one keeps the focus on the relationship between Charlie and Bee...which if that's the case is miles above how spurious Sam eventually became, or how Marky Mark eventually became the lead of the franchise with the robots finding excuses to peace out during action scenes.

18. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    After driving around to a few Targets this afternoon, I hit the jackpot!

Northtown (Blaine) Target was doing their resets and a lady was stocking toys. I glanced at the pallet and saw the Leader class figures.

As I noticed this, I also noticed another guy was hovering around the pallet. I figured I'd check the clearance shelves a bit before I bothered asking, and in that time, the other guy apparently asked the woman for the Seige figures she had on the pallet as I then saw him go by with his arms full of the Seige figures. I figured I had missed out on the Leaders, but turns out either they had a second box, or the guy didn't notice/want them as the lady had then stocked them on the shelf.

So I got Ultra Magnus and Shockwave, and the lady also stocked the new Captain Marvel movie wave of Marvel Legends, so I picked the figures I wanted up from that wave.

So a pretty good day. Yay!

After messing around with the figures a bit, I find myself enjoying Shockwave a bit more than UM despite the fact that he's just a Voyager figure glorified as a Leader cause of his sled of death add-ons. That wonderful light piping. How I've missed it so.

Ultra Magnus is good, too, but the blue paint on his shoulder pieces seem to rub paint off onto the white Prime underneath a little and get them tabbed in is a bit of a pain. Otherwise, it feels nostalgic to have a white Optimus with UM add-on parts again. I remember having the G1 toy as a kid, and this...it feels so right.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

What are your thoughts on the greeble detailing? Shockwave looked to be a bit much and Starscream looks terrible. How does it look in person?

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I don't own Magnus, but having seen him in store I was more turned off by the battle damage detailing. I know the stickers weren't popular...but at least they added something.