Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    The Alero curse.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    LOL Pretty much.

I just hope it's all been resolved. I mean, the impound lot doesn't seem to have the vehicle on file when I gave them the VIN number and the DMV told me someone else's name and address appears when they looked it up. So...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Well it is Halloween...

• Like Like x 1
  4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Picked up two Wreck-Gar's from the Eagan Walgreens off Lexington yesterday. Unfortunately they were not the super low $1.50 accident price. I've got *one* available for now and depending on what I hear back today I may have the other as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I actually work at the Impound Lot, not Mpls but St Paul. We send out certified letters to the registered owners or the owners that come back when we run the license plates. This issue happens a lot actually.

Sometimes it's legit dealers that don't process paperwork correctly, sometimes scrap companies sell cars to people, could even be you sold a car to somebody and they never transferred the title and then it gets impounded for being involved in a robbery and is on a police hold, you get a letter but you sold the car 2 years ago. I see it all the time.

Not sure how Mpls does it but in St Paul if you told us that you sold the vehicle and don't have an interest in picking up the car we'd auction or sell the car for scrap eventually. You'd have to go down to the court house and show them that you sold the car and that you aren't responsible for any tickets associated with it. St Paul doesn't go after people for tow fees. You only pay the tow fees if you wanna pick the car up. The tickets are the main concern, which like I said, you'd have to go down to the courthouse, not the DMV to explain your case.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Go figure as soon as I decide to sell my Metroplex they announce Sixgun and possibly throw the market into flux. Whatever, anybody else have something they've been hoping to get an official release of? I'll see if I have figures I can sell to try and make that happen.

(And no, there's nothing I can really sell to make Piranacon happen. I figured they'd confirm it the second I bought Poseidon but here we are...)

7. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    I traded my old car to a large dealership (Luther North Country Ford) for a newer one way back at the end of September.
    As far as the letter states, the vehicle was towed to an impound lot about a week ago and was missing its license plates. But there are no tickets involved. Just that it was towed to the impound lot from North Minneapolis.

The DMV pointed out the VIN number had a different address and name than mine when I went to check on things yesterday, which I guess means it must have taken over a month to change the title ownership or something, but before it changed, my name was still listed for some odd reason. Which, again going my Servo's comments, probably for how screwed up the whole licensing system is.

Anyway, if need be, I have my receipts of the trade-in from the dealership. I don't know if I need anything else as the title went to the dealership.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Inferno v3

Inferno v3 Well-Known Member

I would kill to get that that.

9. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Oh. And is anyone still looking for a Novastar, or has she been well covered?

I found one today at Champlin SuperTarget if anyone wants it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I am but I really on stay on my side of town to look for stuff (which is the East Metro)

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Still have a Wreck Gar up for grabs if anyone is looking near the 35/Cedar area.

12. NICKBOT

NICKBOT It's rough out there, stop being MN Nice™.

News Credits:
    General curiosity here, but has anyone found a place on "CW" Wreck-Gar to attach the 3mm c-clip weapon? Nice of Hasbro to include it I suppose.

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Upon returning home from selling Metroplex, I was greeted by my son standing at the door to the office asking "Daddy robot?" He was surprised to see Plex's old spot on the shelf empty. He got over it pretty quick once we started looking at the Funko's. ("Baby?")

14. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No, use the peg holes in the CW fist...only option AFAIK.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NICKBOT

NICKBOT It's rough out there, stop being MN Nice™.

News Credits:
    Are you trolling me Admin?!?! :lol  I know, you know. YOU WERE THERE!!! :lol 

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    There's also the elbows or something that weren't slotted correctly on Wreck-Gar that need to be changed...right? Trying to dig up the posts to figure out which parts I have to swap around to have this thing "correct."

17. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    This is one sexy mofo.

sexymofo.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I grabbed the legends (or whatever) class of Cyberverse Windblade at the Eagan Wal-Mart. WTF. I tried to transform her without instructions and got confused. She is a gerwalk I guess. Well, whatevs. They had more, and what is the wavemates. Who are these for?

19. Inferno v3

Inferno v3 Well-Known Member

I have the prime armor pegged in at the rear of the bike mode, with the staff blade pegged in there. I think the instructions show the C-clip attaching to the handle bar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Yeah the legends ones don't fully transform. I wish they were a little more clear about that.

Also: Siege sightings already, huh? XD