Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Having lived all over the country due to the Army I can say that "Minnesota Nice" is utter bullshit. This state is the most passive-aggressive and spineless I've ever lived in (and I'm from here).

Most places I've lived have far nicer people than here, IMO. The phrase must be a joke.

2. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

You guys must not get out much if you think the driving is bad here. Try driving in Chicago, Tennessee, Georgia or Florida any of those are 1000x worse then driving here. Never been to New York City or California so I can't speak to those states. People in the South will tailgate the shit outta you even if you are doing 80, they don't signal at all, and drive their pos or a minivan like it's a fucking Ferrari. It's absolutely insane. Driving in MN is a breeze compared to down there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Eagan Target must have gotten some stuff in because today there's a fresh set of Prime/Rodimus to go along with the nothing else in stock.

4. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Target are getting restocks, I've seen Leader Prime/Rodimus/RodUnicron, Voyager Grimlock/Starscream, Dlx Rippersnapper, wave 2 Legends all this weekend.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No shit. Went to Florida a couple months ago and it was insane. I was there five days and saw five accidents, most of which involved cars flipped into the ditch from going way, way too fast. Everyone drove like it was Nascar and I never saw a highway cop. Made me miss the calmness here.

A week after getting back here I had a run-in with a complete fucking dickhead driver. His plates said Florida. I just laughed when I saw that.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

I watched a video on Boost/Hatch, and those robot feet are way over engineered. If you have to flip this thing back and forth to get that thing out and flip so many tiny panels around in weird ways, it's too complicated.
    I'd also like a better MP Ratchet and Ironhide too, but none of the 3rd parties are going to touch it. Well, Badcube is redoing Sideswipe and Red Alert, even though I already like what Takara has.

Sunstreaker has a lot of engineering and parts, so it's going to be expensive, like MP-36. I have MP Sunstreaker and he's almost perfect. The backpack in robot mode was annoying to transform.
    I just noticed that the upcoming MP Beast Wars Dinobot is also over $200, but saw that Dinobot is much larger than MP Beast Wars Primal.

Speaking of driving stories, I was pulling out of a parking lot and saw a car coming from the left. I was turning right, so I waited for them to pass. A car quickly pulls up behind me and honks at me like I'm taking too long. It had not eve been 3 seconds and they have the nerve to honk at me. It's moments like these that make me want to get out of my car.

7. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Have you checked out the upgrade kits to move the hip kibble? That helps those figures quite a bit IMO.

I hear this a lot, but I don't know that I buy it. Even if they have more parts and are more complex, I don't think it reasonably results in a 50% or higher price increase. I think the prices went up mostly because people are simply willing to pay it.

8. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

I'm slightly OK with MP Ratchet, but the crotch cartoon design on Ironhide is just hideous. They both also have slightly off proportions (body and legs could be better).

A TF MP is similar to a Perfect Grade Gundam kit (which costs $100+ and has hundreds of parts).
    I kind of agree with you on the prices being inflated. I really didn't like the MP cars at $70+ and the God Fire Convoy set being over $200 when the two individual bots are less than $50 each originally. I guess you either pay the prices, wait for a discount, or just don't buy at the asking price.

9. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Question: I'm about to be moving and I need to disassemble my JinBao Warbotron. His limbs are on really tight and I do not want to break them; is there some special way of removing them, or do you just yank?

10. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just sit him in your front seat and slap the seat belt on him...
    Seriously though, I'm moving next month, and I'm planning a car trip to the new house with just the big boys...FT Omega, and Metroplex are already fighting over shotgun...

• Like Like x 2
  11. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Man, I remember this is the reason I never transform my regular warbotron; the Blast-Off arm was IMPOSSIBLE to remove. But yeah, pretty sure you just yank.

12. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Did what I'm sure now is my FINAL visit to the Northtown Toys R Us to finally buy the Mega Bloks Technodrome at 40% off, putting it at around $90 before tax.

There were no Transformers left other than a Last Knight RC Squeeks, only a few Marvel Legends that were pegwarmers before the clearance...didn't even bother checking anything else.

The store has it posted they expect their final day to be June 27. It's a somber feeling as I've been going to this store for decades, but everything changes.

13. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    I--I thought Minnesota Nice™ was the very definition of passive aggressive. :lol  That's been some of my experience here.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Knollwood Super Target has a Rodimus Unicronus

15. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Bloomington target doesn't have much of note. PotP w1 PM's, w2 Deluxes, w1 Leaders, w1 Voyagers, SS w1 Deluxes and Voyagers. That's about it!

16. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I just got the Badcub e Evil Corps Insecticon set to replace my FansToys $$$ Insecticons, and aside from them feeling like dollar-store toys next to FT ones I am digging them so far.

Speaking of, is anyone interested in a FT-13 Mercenary (Shrapnel)? He's the one that hasn't sold yet.

17. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How much were you about to sell them for? I'm tempted by that same exact plan but probably won't.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, my son still needs Sludge and Snarl!

• Like Like x 1
  19. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Shhh... It is. We just don't want to let the other states know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I sold Kickback for $150 and Bombshell for $140. Shrapnel is listed at $140 currently. The Badcube set only cost me $120 at BBTS, so I think I made out pretty good so far.

• Like Like x 1