Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I just need a Cliffjumper really, and XTransbots version looks the nicest robot mode wise.
    Though I wish Fans Toys would release the Trailbreaker they teased as I ended up getting the BadCube one and am getting tempted by the XTransbots one despite his own issues.

I'm surprised not many 3rd party companies tried tackling the minibots. Brawn definitely needs an improved toy over the BadCube one, but it's looking like that might not happen.

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I went MMC for Trailbreaker. I like it. I like the look of XTB's, but I don't like that he's practically MP-10's height. Way too big for my liking.

XTB supposedly has a Brawn on the way...the big question is when?

3. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TT MP proces are getting more and more rediculous every time there's a new release. I suppose the consumers kinda brought this on themselves with all the 3rd party pricey purchases from the past. Crazy that at this point 3rd party might actually be better price wise.

Edit: Unlike you guys I'm not as focus and don't know when I'm done. So weak, yes I am.

4. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

I don't really have a specific focus, but I'e never been huge on MP's anyways since the G1 aesthetic is a little dated to me. I've liked some of the recolors (actually most of my MP's are recolors), but honestly I've been scaling back from pricier TF's in general to put together a mugenbine collection (which was actually surprisingly cheap to do). As much as people don't like the current Generations stuff, I'm not too down on it, so I'm gettin' my fix. XD

As for sighting news:
    Bville Target has all of SS wave 1, and a bunch of PotP wave 1.

5. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok...so my Powerglide from TFSource arrived today...
    My other Powerglide seems to have gotten un-stuck from customs...so hopefully that will arrive in a few days.

My collection focus forever was the '84-'86 US G1 catalog...when I completed that, I decided to try and do the same thing on an MP scale.
    That got knocked back to the '84-'85 lineup plus the major players from the animated movie...
    So here's what I need to finish off my collection goals-

'84-'85:

X-Transbots Boost
    X-Transbots Skids

That's it!!! I never would have thought that Boost was going to be the figure to hold up my aspirations...this figure is literally NOWHERE to be found.
    I guess BBTS has a re-issue pre-order up slated for this month, but it's for the set (Boost and Hatch)...I already have a Hatch...so we'll see.

'86 movie:

Kup
    Wreck Gar
    Blurr

I'm not in love with the FT Kup...supposedly X-Transbots is doing Kup, but who knows...
    Can't find a KFC Crash Hog anywhere.
    Blurr is also getting the FT treatment, and I'm fine waiting for that, as I don't think that the Unique Toys Buzzing fits as well as I'd like. I used to have it, but I sold it...

After that, I think I'm pretty much done with the Transformers collection...I mean, sure...I'm hooked on Studio Series...also loving the Beast Wars MP's that are coming...so I suppose I'll always be buying stuff here and there, but man...I really want to complete my current goal.

If anyone has a Boost, or Crash Hog you want to part with, lmk.

6. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm mostly aiming for the '84-85' characters myself.

Given I have MP Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod as well as FT Sovereign and XTransbots Andras and Eligos, I'm slowly working towards the 86 movie cast, though I missed Crash Hog like you, Servo... Also XTransbots Ollie. I picked FT's Rogue this last week, though she's kinda underwhelming for something out of FansToys. Just feels like she was kinda rushed or something.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

Still looking for Hun-Gurrr. Has anyone seen him in the wild lately?

8. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

If anybody happens to clock the latest wave of basic Star Wars figures, I'm on the lookout for Hoth Leia!

9. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Only times I've seen him is when I bought him at a local Wal-Mart and at Hot Comics in New Hope. Haven't seen one since. I'm worried the Studio Series toys are going take up space for when the Terrorcons wave 3 of PotP is supposed to come out.

10. einhazard

Keep an eye on HTS. I've seen him up and down on there over the last month. I'm actually spacing on where I found mine.... Maybe T-Hybrid stumbled across some at one point?

11. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hun-gurr was found at both Walmart and Target but most only got 1 case. Had to be on point or miss it. It's been quite a while since I've seen it but still have hope it's not over. I wonder if the whole TRU thing is affecting distribution? It's not just TFs, distro is bad for other Hasbro lines too like Marvel Legends.

12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    I csme across a fresh Wave 2 voyager case at Walmart and bought all four. Would have been like February I think.

Distribution has been bad for PotP since then. Mostly restocks of Wave 1. A few Targets had Elita if I remember but it was only in passing.

Just like leaders have dried up too.

13. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the info, I will monitor HTS too and see what happens.

14. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry for the late addtiob to the pizza.. talk.. reason Red Baron pizzas are as good as they are is that they are made by Schwann's... Bit cost about half of the ones from the trucks. For less than $4.00...cant really be beat...

Figure wise.. nothing to say about what's out in my area .... Potp are still on wave on and two.. of verious classes.. SS as well.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Wave 2 legends at Targets in Eagan and AV this weekend, so maybe a sign that wave is finally finding its way back to stores.

Seeing a number of SS Grimlocks around. Like a junkie in need of his fix I've almost caved a few times. Don't think I've bought new TFs since Valentine's Day.

16. einhazard

Should probably buy a Studio Series Grimlock then...

Also, I keep eyeing that DNA kit they're making for him... I dunno, maybe it'll look better colored, but I've got this feeling it's going to be unreasonable to assemble for some reason and it just makes me wish Shadow Fisher or PE was doing one instead...

On the other hand, aside from his tail/mace, there's not much I would change. Heck, I even like the mace fist, I just wish it was removable so he could have 2 hands.

17. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One Rippersnapper at WSP Target.

20. XIVOLVE

XIVOLVE Well-Known Member

Not sure why it took BBTS this long to get that pre-order up. They've been lagging behind lately.
    Anyway, I'm not going to miss the opportunity this time. Almost every old release from FT has skyrocketed in price on ebay. :eek: 

Just one? I found three a while ago and since I didn't see a Moonracer among the group, I guess she wasn't with that case as Snarl and Sludge were sitting on the pegs untouched.

As for sightings, Titans Return Broadside found making his way back onto shelves at the Brooklyn Park Walmart. :p 
    At this rate, wave 2 of PotP will never show up if this guy refuses to die off. o_O