Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Richtohfen is awesome!

Powerglide_Style.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    SS Prime at Richfield Target, as well as Grimlock for anyone looking.

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Target in Bloomington has wave 1 SS Deluxes (all), 1 Starscream, and 1 Blackout. They also had 1 of all PotP Wave 2 Legends.

4. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok, so DX9 Powerglide update...
    The first figure I ordered from Show.Z is hasn't moved from NY...tracking still says "customs inspection".
    So my second Powerglide that I ordered late last week from TFSource showed expected delivery today...which makes sense since I paid for priority shipping...
    Tracking says today...Informed delivery email from USPS says today...the actual tracking says "Shipment received, Package Acceptance Pending Las Vegas NV. Expected delivery: Wednesday May 9th."
    So apparently one of my Powerglide figures has been sitting in customs in NY for 15 days, and my other Powerglide has been sitting in Las Vegas for 2 days...Why the eff can't I just have my figure?

5. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Because the universe wants you to order a 3rd so you have one to sell me, too!

(Don't do that...I think I've decided against season 2 minibots.)

• Like Like x 2
  6. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm ignorant so wtf is a Richtofen? Not DX9 Richtofen which I received a couple days ago(sorry ServO) but why the name? I can't keep up with all these 3rd party names and their meaning. I just call him DX9 MP Powerglide.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ServO

News Credits:
    The name comes from Manfred Von Richthofen...aka The Red Baron.

Manfred von Richthofen - Wikipedia

Also known for his mediocre frozen pizza line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

For cheap frozen pizza, Red Baron is probably tops in my book...classic crust, of course. And considering rare is frozen pizza great, may as well just go with the cheap stuff.

As for 3rd Party names, I don't pay attention either. This one actually turns out to be fairly cleverish...still don't care. Powerglide it is. I think they should go with the most ridiculous names they can think of. Captain Teeny Wang. T.T. Twister. Hardbone...wait, that one's actually been done already.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  9. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK I do remember that now that you mentioned it, it should have hit me when the name sounded so German, just can't keep up. Joe, as far as cheap frozen pizza my palettes have gotten used to Jacks Pizza, I'm a thin crust pizza guy though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

All this talk of DX9 Powerglide :( 

I was supposed to have one from bbts, under the tree............for Christmas. Here it is May 10th, still no timeline in sight. I told the Mrs to cancel the pre-order but I'm pretty sure she hasn't yet

11. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't mind Jack's either...but prefer Red Baron. The classic crust is the normal thin crust, but not the cracker thin...it's basically the same as Jack's. Jack's does have some interesting combinations, though, if you're feeling adventurous! I actually quite like Heggies frozen pizza...but it's anything but cheap...and it's not SOOO much better that it's worth 3 or 4x what a Red Baron or Jack's would cost.

On topic, Eagan Walmart had nothing of interest the other day. Looked like they had a number of the $20 movie studio deluxe figs, but I didn't look through them. Just saw Bumblebee in front.

12. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Working for Costco nowadays, I've tried their Kirkland brand of pizza, and the cheese kind is really good. Their pepperoni is okay, but a bit overloaded with pepperoni. But the cheese kind...4 pizzas for around $10? Not bad. And if you don't like just cheese, can always add your own toppings. Otherwise, I'm cool with Jack's or Red Barons...Lotza Motza or Heggie's are the best, but rarely cheap enough for me to buy them unless I feel like splurging.

In TF news...how about those Masterpiece announcements? Three repaints and the first Beast Wars Predacon in the line.

13. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Great for me because I'm not interested in repaints or Beast Wars! I've spent a lot on Lego recently (UCS Falcon, UCS X Wing, UCS Y Wing, roller coaster coming soon) so nice to take a break from MP TF spending for now. That being said I got Ultima Guard and have already pre-ordered MPM Barricade so not a total break...

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'm interested in Shockwave in the correct color...but no so interested in paying for it again...and at new TT prices to boot. Any chance Walmart can carry MP-29+ so I can pull one of those thieving asshole toy swap maneuvers? o_O 

Wonder what the odds are it'll hit clearance at some point...

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    I'll wait to see if they do a "toy version" of MP BW Megs and don't charge $300 for it.

16. ServO

News Credits:
    If anyone is still looking, the Target on 494 and Penn (American Blvd) has all of the studio series figures except for Grimlock.

17. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Man, I would not pay $300 for BW megs. I will pay whatever the KO prices are, though. For some reason, MP's are the only thing I'll get KO'd (well... that and HA Soundwave because eff playing grey market prices...), and even then the only one I've actually gotten in KO format is Barricade, but I'll DEFINITELY do that with Dinobot as well. I didn't mind dropping a lot for MP Megatron because that thing is such a Masterpiece (no pun intended) of engineering, but I feel like they keep adding more accessories I don't care about and jacking the price up higher and higher.
    I don't want TT to stop making MP's, but the BW MP's have felt priced particularly... exploitatively?

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't think that's really a BW thing...I think it's just an MP thing going forward. If they ever do a new G1 mold again, those too will be rippy. Megatron and Sunstreaker already were. The repaints are more than the original molds were, too. It's just the new normal. Yay. But on the bright side, they do little I care about anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    If Masterpieces get any higher in price I think I'm officially out. I was already cringing paying what I did for Megatron here, but it was Megatron, so...

I think at this point, many fans just probably want the rest of the Ark crew and be done with it. So Jazz, Mirage, Hound... I have good fill-ins from 3rd party if they never happen for me though.

20. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I'm a good MP Brawn and Blitzwing away from done. Price depending I will consider other official releases to replace the 3rd Party versions I've already bought...but I'm mostly content with what I have so they gotta be good and not a rip-off.