Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

What they seem to have left looks to be relegated to the clearance sections, so basically yes?

He's... not great. At least he holds together well enough as a combiner (aside from leaning forward). Both he and Grimlock were clearly designed around the combiner mode without as much regard to either other mode. Like I said before, the weird plastic quality and the weak alignment of pegs in the leaders and the voyagers make this feel like the set that actually feels cheap to me. I never minded the hollowness, but this stuff is pretty rough.
    That said, I still really like the leaders despite that. I'm really torn.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I had to tear off his whole back. Drill out a hole, fit a washer, shave down the bracket, shave down another bracket and file down two pegs. He sits all tight now.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    All that so King Starscream doesn't lean? Yikes!

4. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Naw. The back wing part was clearly meant to pop out to rotate and slide in to peg in. If it seats right in alt mode all the wing bits sit right. I shaved down a couple pegs so the legs fit together and don't pop apart in alt mode as well.

5. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    So after finally transforming Rodimus Prime and Grimlock today...

Grimlock's T-Rex mode is just soooo bad. Well, everything from his waist down anyway as those combiner ports just make his tail and legs look weird. Not to mention that clear plastic for the robot chest/lower dino. I forsee a lot of broken PotP Grimlocks in the years to come cause of that flimsy clear plastic.

Rodimus Prime...looks okay in his full robot mode. Not as cool as Optimus, especially with his Hot Rod legs making up his arms and the two different colored red plastics. His Hot Rod bot form is okay despite most his car mode hanging off his back, and even car mode is fine. But Winnebago vehicle mode...it's just Hot Rod carrying a trailer with very visible fists in front and horribly placed stickers. I wasn't expecting MP levels of conversion, but at least the MP Rodimus's vehicle mode was more involved in not looking just like Hot Rod with a trailer on his back end.

In the end, I will say I certainly don't HATE them, but there are parts that definitely should have been tweaked a bit more maybe.

Now the wait for PotP Sludge and Snarl to come out... Not for the combiner mode, just to have a complete set of Dinobots again. Could care less about Volcanus.

6. einhazard

Wait, so did yours not rotate? Mine wasn't that bad. O_O I just kinda worked mine together a few times and now it fits okay (alt mode all locks in correctly anyway)

Haha, I kinda like Winnebago mode. But yeah, Grimlock's dino mode is not great. >> I actually kinda like how Volcanics looks and he's much better in person than in pics or videos.

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    The back wing assembly on mine dose not slide in at all to allow the pegs to engagege in either mode.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  8. einhazard

Oh dang, I see what you mean now. I thought it was supposed to be like that. O_O

9. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

When you say articulated neck, do you mean that the robot head turns left to right? Because I've heard it does not. I've also read that the only way to move his arms at the shoulders is to rotate black lions shoulders mid-chest. I hope I'm wrong.

10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I've seen the rotating neck in action, and am now reminded of the shoulder issue...which...yeah that needs a 3P fix of some kind because it's a game breaker.

• Like Like x 1
  11. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Burnsville Target had all of wave one other than Leader Op.

12. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I found Rodimus at the NE Target, that was all they had, just Optimus Prime left to find.

13. einhazard

There was one at Richfield Target as of Wednesday when I ran out to grab Rodimus.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It's long gone.

15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    AV Target off Pilot has all of Wave 1 PotP plus WAVE 2 TLK DELUXES AWWW YEAH!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  16. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Saw a surge of TLK Berserker and Barricade at Blaine North Target also, which confused me. Wondered if someone found a lost box or pallet.

17. vicious7171

vicious7171 Well-Known Member

Found the leaders at Andover Target, picked up Optimus, left Rodimus.

The softer plastic on Optimus reminds me of an oversized knockoff I bought off eBay. When placing trying to fit Orion Pax through the chest, my nail scraped on some plastic on the front cab and chipped off a small bit. He's a cool enough figure that I can easily call it battle damage and move on ;) 

BTW, I love the double-hinged elbows on Orion Pax. I wish more TFs had that, I'd essentially buy any figure that has double elbows and hinged ankles. This is probably my favorite Hasbro Leader transformer (I only have like 3. Usually just buy deluxes and scouts/legends).

EDIT: Also checked Andover Wal-Mart, they had multiples of every wave 1 Deluxe.

18. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    I grabbed the new Rodimus at the Hamel Target yesterday...it was the only leader class on the shelf...he looked really impressive in his packaging...
    Head on, standing on a shelf, he looks equally impressive, but that's kind of where it stops with this figure...

Power of the Primes Leader Class Rodimus Prime/Hot Rod

19. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Looks like tomorrow morning's commute to work is gonna be fun.

Winter!

Drive safe everyone having to work tomorrow.

20. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

No it was not fun. So much black ice. Very happy my car has a light that tells me when I'm slipping otherwise I would have no freaking idea. Nope...no idea.