Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Final stop! Shoreview Target. Both leaders, Starscream, full set of deluxe, all legends except Slash.

On the Voltron front, found not 1 but 4 classic black lions! Grabbed one to complete mine. Also full set of the classic limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Eagan Target appears to have the full PotP minus Grimlock. Am not sure where they moved Voltron to, didn't have time to look as my wife and kid were waiting in the car while I grabbed a few things.

3. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy smoke, you really got around today!

4. deusxanime

Yeah the Voltron used to be right next to TF, but they moved everything around and I had to hunt around to find them at the stores I went to.

Well I just stopped at some of them on the way home from work... The thing about being in MN is you can't sneeze without hitting a few Targets!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

a
    Thanks for the tip! Picked up all 5 lions and the 2 leaders on my break. Expensive Target trip considering I kinda boycotted them after they installed those oppressive self checkouts. Also scored the new LEGO polybags at a regular old fashioned register - proper winged Kylo Ren's ship and the FO Heavy Walker. Love me some lego miniships!

I seriously only stop at a Target maybe once every other month now if that since I typically only have a few items to checkout with and can't stand waiting in line. Dicks.

Also a bunch of asshats on the drive home getting ready to drive like asshats tomorrow morning in the snow. Drive careful kids.

6. deusxanime

Stopped at yet another Target on my way home today! (There were a couple groceries I forgot to grab/missed yesterday...) This time Blaine North 109th. No leaders left and just one lone Starscream for voyagers. I think they did have most of the deluxes and legends though, but I didn't dig through them all to verify. Again had a few Voltron classic black lions and a set of classic limbs.

No way I'm going out in traffic tomorrow! It's supposed to start as rain, turn to sleet, and then snow overnight. Pretty much the worst scenario and a nightmare. Luckily I can work from home the rest of the week (well really I can anytime, so nbd).

7. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Is there any way to make Classic Voltron not have that ridiculously long neck?

8. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Feelin' saucy tonight so I went off my usually path and hit up Edina Target hoping for a Rodimus.

NOPE.

But they did have 2x Grimlock and 2x Starscream, so go nuts.

9. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Richfield Target has one each of leader rod and op, one each of grim and star and a bunch of the little pretenders

10. einhazard

News Credits:
    NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was seriously like about to go over there tonight, but then I was like "nah, they probably don't have it". When did you see it? I'm debating running over there now. XD

11. Bluestreaker

News Credits:
    If you call ahead they will/should hold one for you at guest service.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    More people need to remember this is a thing. Saved my butt on more than one occasion on stuff that was pretty much one and done in stores (looking at you Rook!)

13. Bluestreaker

News Credits:
    Really helpful to them if you can give them the DCPI as well as the character name. Takes out a lot of guesswork.

14. einhazard

News Credits:
    I just drove faster than was responsible and got to it in time. XD That said, I didn't actually know that, so thank you guys! :D 

I like him! His different modes look better than OP (though OP's evolved form is still better aside from the copious grey). His tabbing is ROUGH though. I feel like little kids will have a really hard time turning his hotrod form into vehicle mode.
    Also, as other people have said, his evolved bot mode shoulders kinda suck in terms of being able to swing his arms out. Where OP's best mode is his evolved bot mode, all of Rodimus' modes OTHER than the evolved bot mode are good (IMO)

Honestly, I thought the leaders in TR and CW were okay, but these guys are pretty great aside from the weird plastic feel and wretchedly cheap stickers.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  15. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Rewind posted these in the Voltron thread.

Oh, as for the ‘giraffe neck’, you can actually sink the face down into the chest a little to alleviate that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    How are the hands on the new Voltron? The lack of a collapsing neck on the Dreamworks lions made it look odd. Do these do anything to alleviate that?

Am liking the articulated neck on this one.

17. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

Are the Titans Return figures still on sale at Target?

18. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Well, having to go out tonight for my tech college class despite the crappy road conditions turned out to have an exciting ending as I decided on the way home to stop at my local Target where I found both PotP Grimlock and Rodimus Prime along with their case mates sitting on the shelves. Guess either no one wanted to shop today due to the weather, or they just put them out on the shelf not too long ago.

Haven't had time to open either up yet, but they look cool in the boxes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well......, Potp leaders are at Target... Along with a 2 cases of voyagers and 1 case of deluxe figures.... Some legends and a case of pretender..... Mini shells.
    Walmart only has leaders...
    Both have movie figures and some RID.
    Target had the Classic Voltron...minus the blue lion...I bought all the classics...and left the DreamWorks limbs there.. MP Sunstreaker arrived... Pretty bad ass figure... If only the anime didn't have a big back pack..he wouldn't either... Still worth the wait...

Don't worry Servo, still love my Spinout too!

20. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Holy crap Voyager PotP Screamer. It's like they fired the engineer halfway through production. 2 hours of work and finally he pegs together. And it so obvious how he was SUPPOSED to work.

• Like Like x 1