Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Yay finally got Grotusque ordered. Now if the Siege on Cybertron box set I ordered from China isn't a knock off I'll have a full set of Titans Returns :) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Congrats dude! Grotusque is easily one of the best figures in TR.

3. vicious7171

vicious7171 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just came from Andover Target, they had 1x Grimlock and 1x Starscream voyagers. I had always heard as much, but now seeing them in person, I gotta say,

These guys are tiny! I was considering Starscream but he feels like a Leader toy in a Deluxe body! (plus I really like my Generations Armada SS)

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Starscream and Grimlock at downtown Target. Wave one Prime Masters, Legends, and Deluxes as well. No Leaders.

5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Richfield Target has Jack and Squat. Brickseek shows they have limited stock of potp stuff but nothing put out.

6. einhazard

Stopped by Bloomington Target - they had all of wave 1 PotP except for leaders. I snagged Grimlock (right in front of a guy who seemed to be also interested in Grimlock and I REALLY HOPE HE WASN'T SOMEONE FROM HERE >< ), and then I grabbed OP from Spiff in the parking lot.

Grimlock's not bad, but he embodies my main beef with 'Everyone's a combiner', because his bot and dino modes suffer for it. That said, he's pretty dang posable for a voyager, especially in the arm/shoulder department, and his torso mode is waaaaay more solid than it looks in pictures. I'll see how I feel when I combine him at work tomorrow (I could use CW limbs I guess but meeeehhhh). Mine was missing a sticker one one of his kneecaps. And nothing of value was lost.

Optimus looks really cool in his MP-10 lite mode. Here again, though, it's a lot of sacrifice for one mode. Which is too bad, because there's a lot of neat engineering in how panels fold and stuff to form the trailer. Orion Pax is... fine, and as Spiff pointed out to me, his legs pop off with basically no provocation. That said, even though the vehicle mode has all sorts of kibble and the stickers look BAD, I still like him.

Still, I need to echo a lot of the other concerns floating around here: while the deluxes (aside from Jazz) felt good and the legends feel good, the Voyagers and Leader class figures I've gotten feel pretty cheap. Like, there's almost a softness to the plastic. Not brittle, but malleable. Maybe that'll keep 'em from breaking, maybe it's just cheaper. Either way, both of these figures are likeable, but could have been a lot more, and I still feel like some of the good steps forward from TR were lost in order to feed the combiner gimmick. PLEASE NO MORE COMBINERS AFTER THIS.

• Like Like x 2
  7. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Blaine North Walmart has PotP Slash, Windcharger, and Beachcomber. Also clearance on some TR (deluxe Slug, Sqweeks for $11) and TLK (leader OP for $35).

8. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got my Misfire from Amazon. Also got a Twin twist as well... Pricy...but glad to have have them both.. thanks for the heads up on getting them there.. guys. Nothing of interest out my way.. Baron as a winter field out this way..

9. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Went to Andover Target after buying my books for my hopefully final semester of tech college and saw they still had a PotP Starscream and a PoTP Leader class Optimus Prime.

Optimus came home with me along with a Skullgrin and Cloudburst.

To think we'd see Pretenders to some form again after all these years. Yeah, there's not much to them, but they're still cool. I'm actually psyched for Octopunch. LOL

As for Prime. I really like his robot mode, and Orion Pax is pretty good too. But the vehicle mode....when I transformed him, I laughed and shook my head. At least if one mode had to suffer, it was the vehicle I guess. Also, it took me a bit to get the Matrix into Optimus' chest for some reason.

10. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    No no no not until we get a new Piranacon. We have literally everybody else AND the Dinobots now they'd better not stop before the Seacons!

• Like Like x 1
  11. einhazard

Yeah, the Cab is not great. The trailer actually looks pretty good aside from the shit stickers and top of cab/front of trailer. Also, that Matrix is just hard to get in, it's not just you.

It's so weird to me. PotP is the first set that feels 'cheap' to me, but I still really like OP despite it because even though there's some terrible engineering, there's also some pretty great stuff.

Okay fine just that but then NO MORE COMBINERS. At least not for another full generations trilogy.

12. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind

News Credits:
    Whole bunch of 1984 Voltron black lions still at the downtown
    MPLS Target.

Hulk hands daddy boots Starscream is still there too. No POTP leaders.

13. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

North St. Paul Target has 1 Roddimus Prime, 1 Grimlock, 1 Starscream, and all the smaller POTP figures.. No Optimus, he went home with me. I also did see 2 Seasprays in the clearance section.

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    I'd agree to this and then empty my wallet the second Magnaboss and Tripredacus made a come back.

Because I am weak.

So let's agree to keep combiners out of the mainline and transition them to box sets after PotP.

15. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Is that the one on university ave? Or Hwy 36 E?

16. deusxanime

At the St Paul Target on University & Hamline. Full complement of PotP, all classes (legend, deluxe, leader). I grabbed the Rodimus and one of the Slashes. Everything else still there. None of the classic Voltron lions though unfortunately, which I was hoping to find.

Edit: sorry no voyager though, forgot about them

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  17. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Nevermind - found it! No more Rodimus here, but they've got everything else except Prime. (Oh, and their Starscream's head is partially loose in the box.)

18. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

Off of Hwy 36.

19. deusxanime

Next stop: T1. Two sets of PotP voyagers (Grimlock & Starscream) and a set of leaders. Deluxe dinobots gone, but the other deluxe PotP here.

Got a set of Voltron classic limbs! But oddly no black lion to go with them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. einhazard

Man, it's super weird that the leaders are showing all cleared out on Brickseek but seem to be everywhere today.