Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Thanks, much appreciated everyone! XD

• Like Like x 2
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    I'd assume it's just two heads, and the chest things are decorative. I'd hope they come out somehow so it has the empty gaps like Hasbro's.

3. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    I found and purchased a Misfire at Rochester TrU. Such a beautiful Decepticon. I saw one Windblade and Twintwist left.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    So it has begun. Now will come the searching for the "Pink One That Isn't Arcee".

And looks like BBTS finally shipped my now to be 'late' birthday present of BadCube Brawny (aka not-MP Brawn), X-Transbots Arkose (aka not-MP Beachcomber), and Toyworld Spaceracer (aka not-MP Cosmos). My MP collection is filling out quite nicely.

5. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have a Hasbro AT-TE or Turbo Tank for sale? And just so I adhere to forum rules, as of yesterday evening wave 3 deluxes were sighted at the Target off of the 494 and Vinewoood.

6. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I have an Imperial Shuttle I tried to pawn off here a year or two ago that still would like a nice home.

Defensive driving is tough...so many people want to rear end me in the slow lane while I'm doing the speed limit. I miss driving fast. It's the law yo. Oh and took 3 weeks for my citation to go "live" in the system...so was finally able to pay the damn ticket before my 30 days was up. No new robits were found sadly.

7. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Another day, another Hound and no Megatron. I'm starting to think I'm cursed. Also, may just give up this foolish crusade and buy it online. Should have grabbed the one on offer here a few weeks back ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

I think from the look of it that the two things in the chest are on TM pegs anyhow, so that's what I was thinking there could be like switchable backs, but they've shown him with both in and the head on, so I'm guessing they're decorative like you said. I'll probably just get the Hasbro version in that case and save some cash.

Nothing new at Bville Target or TRU as of yesterday. A few leader megs and OPs, one lone MP10, and the new huge RID dragon Bee. Still on wave 1 of Voyagers and Deluxes. Couple Dlx Megs and Skullitrons, too.

9. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Cottage Grove Walmart has one each Six Shot and Sky Shadow. Nothing else of note, also nothing at CG Target.

On another note, Cogman look pretty neat-o!

10. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Leader Megatron at the Eagan Target.

11. einhazard

Lol, yeah, let's hope he doesn't just end up at TJMaxx. Who woulda thought that a $20 price point for dlxs would lead to pegwarming?!

12. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Yeah, especially when most of the first wave is repaints from AoE figures minus an inaccurate to source material Barricade?

All I see for Voyager class is waves of Grimlocks, occasionally an Optimus Prime in the mix.

I am now seeing leader Optimus and Megatrons now though shockingly. Though that Leader Optimus to me looks worse than the Voyager.

13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    Wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't hanging by a pair of cheaper more varied figures in Titans and RiD while most of wave 1 is grey and black and shit we've seen beforw.

14. einhazard

The voyager is ABSOLUTELY better. TLK Voyagers have been solid across the board, and AOE leader prime just straight sucked in both versions.

15. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Voyager one definitely looks more accurate. The leader class one...those arms just look wrong to me. Like they're too small and bent at a weird angle.

Oh, and my b-day package arrived! A trio of MP style minibots is now sitting here really to be displayed. XD

• Like Like x 1
  16. BraveMax

News Credits:
    So... Not to interrupt the love fest (happy bday MST3KFan!)...

But, obligatory: I'm going to Japan in a couple of weeks. I won't have a whole lot of time for hunting, or space to bring things back, but if there's anything someone's burning to get ahold of, LMK and I'll gladly go hunting for it while I'm there.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Okay. I got around to transforming my three new acquirements. (I actually even took photos on my phone, though not sure how to get them to upload on computer here.)

Anywho...from best to worst... ToyWorld Spaceracer (Cosmos), BadCube Brawny (Brawn), X-Transbots Arkose (Beachcomber).

Spaceracer was really fun to transform back and forth and his spacecraft mode is quite endearing even if inaccurate to the source material a bit. I wish the parts on the back of his feet tabbed in somewhere, but otherwise. I love the pudgy guy.

Brawny took me a little bit to figure out how the side panels of his arms tabbed into his torso, but once I got that done, he was surprisingly not too difficult to transform for a BadCube figure. (Looking at YOU Sunsurge!)

And then we get to Arkose... Geezus... This guy... I didn't have much difficulty with his engine block due to the rollbar parts coming off (got them back on afterwards), but I had to watch videos just to see where things tabbed in as the instructions...didn't really help. His legs also were a lot of work, and apparently one of his headlights is really super tight or permanently stuck as I couldn't move it at all. In fact, somehow I nicked myself on him trying to move it and drew some blood. O_O
    The pacifist bot drew blood. LOL

Anyway, I'm satisfied with what I got. Unless Takara ever comes around to doing these guys (and doing them better), I guess I check check three more bots off my MP list.

18. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

There was a leader Megs and OP both at north Blaine Target.

I decided to order a Calibur OP for my leader OP this go-around instead and it arrived today. Don't know when I'll get to messing with it myself, but watching videos it is clearly the superior version to what we got here in the US.

19. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Nice! I just got back a couple weeks ago. Where are you visiting?

20. BraveMax

News Credits:
    I'm doing Fuji, and then mostly just bumming around. I lived there for a few years, so when I go I typically just go see friends out in the boonies!

Where'd you go?