Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

I have a couple cheap target shelves, one of those 3x3 cube shelves for my Gundams and gundam supplies, and one Detolf. I was gonna go all detolfs for my TF room, but they don't really hold a ton so I'm looking for other options. Billys might be good, but I do like the ones you have there. How tall are they? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Z20

Z20 Well-Known Member

I've yet to see Octane and Blitzwing near Redwood County. I'm thinking of completing both the Decepticon Triple Changers and getting Sandstorm and Whirl to wait for Twin Twist to complete more or less the Marvel UK Wreckers team.

3. Jertallica

Jertallica Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    About 6 feet tall.

PS: frankieconv_1_original.jpg

NOT taking table reservations yet. Shortly. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 2
  4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Geez... Seeing that Primus re-release as Cybertron for The Last Knight at Toys R Us for $150 next to TR Fortress Maximus, which is also $150... Just...dang. If it was priced at around $80, I think that would make more sense.

5. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

Ebay:
    Ok so I know some of you out there have MP Ratbat KO's, but is anyone interested in another?
    I ordered a DX9 stand for my war in pocket figures off ebay and the seller shipped me a MP ratbat
    instead so since I have no need for this and my figures stand should be coming soon I thought if anyone here is interested message me.

6. einhazard

Yeah, I'd prolly buy it if I had some Toys R Us rewards dollars and it was $80. No way I'm doing 150, tho.

Speaking of buying stuff.... I picked up and extra Voyager Megatron for T-Hybrid the other day, but he doesn't want it now. Let me know if you do! It'll be $27 (cash preferred, as most of our exchanges tend to be!), and I'm right next to where the old Dirty TRU was in Bloomington (right off of the 494/35W intersection). One caveat - I'm going to be out of town from tomorrow until next Monday, so I couldn't do the hand-off until then.
    For real, though, he is a great figure. I've been transporting from my work desk to my home desk and transforming him constantly. XD

7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    As someone featured in *two* of the pictures here it is both an honor and a privilege to be the face of FrankieCon. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone here heard of or used meetup.com much? I'm a member of a few groups on there, all computer programming related at the moment, but was thinking a TF group here in the cities might be kind of nice. It would be an easy way to organize a monthly meeting for buy/sell/trade or any other kind of TF related stuffs.

Think there would be enough interest?

9. Rolander

Rolander Well-Known Member

I just nabbed the lone Premier Edition Voyager Class Megatron at the Elk River Walmart. They still had one Hound when I left, but no other new items.

If I can just find a Squeaks, I'll have everything I want from this movie line!

10. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

Yes, that Leia costume looks great on you. ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    On an unrelated note: Eagan Target has both a grey and multi-colored Switch in stock. Good luck!

Also a pair each of Blitz and Octone Lo. And I keep seeing the Clearance stickers on Voltron stuff and get my hopes up it's the lions....it hasn't been yet.

12. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    I have been thinking about getting an MP Ratbat given I don't want to buy an MP Soundblaster just to get him. Are the KOs of him as good as the real deal?

13. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

Ebay:
    I'm not a KO person I refuse to support them or buy them, Id rather support the MP creators and ensuring the MP line ongoing. I'm thinking by the way everyone talks about KO's they seem to be good if not the same as the original. If you would like it I can sell it to you for $12 and you can decide if they are worth it.

14. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

Advice needed: I'd like to get my hands on Unite Warriors Computron, but at this point it looks like ebay is my only option. Obviously I'm concerned about getting a KO.

Does anyone know of any reputable international sellers of TFs, or a good way to vet them?

15. einhazard

Same here. Only time I broke that rule was when I bought my DotM HA Soundwave, because at this point, that grossly overinflated price for a legit one isn't trickling back to the original manufacturers in any way.

T-Hybrid is all about the CW/UW. He might know some stuff.

16. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

That would be great. Regarding the KO conversation, my main issue is that items are clearly labeled as KOs or "unofficial."

17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    My first question is, has Unite Warriors *been* knocked off in any major capacity?

My second piece of advice, stick to high feedback sellers with in-hand pics and avoid Chinese sellers like the plague.

That said, UW Computron may be around to some extent, or alternatively you could try to piecemeal him from different sellers for whaf would likely be about the same price.

That said, try the BST forum here as well. That's how I landed Wreckage and Thunder Mayhem.

This guy here appears to be taking offers on one. Toss him about $180 shipped as a start (that was retail) and see if he responds.

Another option, take the T-Hybrid route and buy the couple of figures who are major differences from CW. I think that Computron is much more affordable at the moment and you can punch him up with individuals if you so desire. I nabbed UW Strafe and Nosecone for $40 each with a bit of persistent eBaying.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  18. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Given I don't want to pay $150-180 for a repaint Soundwave just to get one cassette, I'm more than willing to take this KO since from what I've been reading, it's still a very good KO compared to the real deal. (Even watched some video reviews)
    So sure I'll buy him off you.

Do you live anywhere near the North Metro? (Coon Rapids, Blaine, Anoka, Fridley, etc)

Otherwise, I tend to go down to the Hot Comic and Collectibles in New Hope (near where Frankiecon is held)

• Like Like x 1
  19. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Pretty sure there aren't any KO releases of Unite Warrior sets, you can always keep an eye out on Mandarake's site for a deal.

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Wow. Those prices aren't terrible. How are they when it comes to reliability and shipping cost?