Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Lame...maybe I won't give it a go. Is it pretty much unavoidable? I see some people claim they have no problem with theirs...but maybe it's not obvious and they're just not paying attention to the problem spots? Or they got better copies?

2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

pretty much everything I've seen says it's GONNA happen. I just got mine, so I'll have to try it, but I dunno if I wanna swing around a 'realistic' gun at work. XD That said, even in the box, he has a better looking bot mode than any of the 3p ones IMO.

Additionally, I also got Voyager Prime, Megs, and Broadside today. I like all of 'em, but the grey panel in one of prime's shoulders sticks out a little more than the other shoulder, making a really weird gap between the hood and cab of his truck mode on one side. Any ideas on how to fix this? Seems like I should prolly just push on it, but I haven't time to monkey with it much.

3. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

Is everyone getting their MP Megs from BBTS then? Wherever I end up ordering from, I want to be sure the orange plug is removeable.

I also wonder if they'll tweak the QC in further production runs like they did with the first Rodimus.

4. rotten2shot

rotten2shot H8RED

Ebay:

I got my MP megatron from AE

5. einhazard

Got mine from TCP. Didn't have a plug (and apparently came with the coin, which....neat I guess?)

*EDIT*

Okay, transformed MP Megs for the first time... man, what a lovecraftian hellscape of endless misery and suffering. But in a good way?
    To be fair, both bot mode and gun mode look great, and his gun mode feels a lot better than the cartoonishly huge Apollyon. His bot mode is better proportioned as well. The transformation is definitely INTERESTING, and--in it's own monstrous way--maybe even fun, but geez, there were so many parts where I was terrified. The worst parts were the little flaps on his arms that fold to make the sides and the connector that flips the barrel around from his back to make the gun barrel. I actually had to take an xacto knife to the latter because I was going to break it if I had to apply any more force. Why the hell does that part have teeth on it? IT DOESN'T NEED TEETH. The upshot is that they're not visible in either mode, so I could hack up as much as I wanted (but did the bare minimum).
    Your paint WILL chip. Thankfully on mine, it was pretty miniscule, so I can live with that and people are only going to notice it if they're looking VERY close at it. I did put the silencer on (because at that point, f#$k it), and it did scuff the end of the barrel, but it's basically unnoticeable there and it really won't be noticeable at all in bot mode.
    Thankfully, as OpFan said, it was a lot easier getting him to submarine mode.

Anyhow, now that my heartrate has returned to normal, I'll turn him back into bot mode. I definitely think he's a better, cooler figure than Apollyon, and I think the transformation will become more fun in time. Strongly recommend, but maybe put on something soothing (I recommend Careless Whisper) when transforming him for the first time.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How the hell do we not have wave four deluxes yet?!?!

• Like Like x 2
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Undersea Warrior

News Credits:
    "I'll just buy a few guys," I said.
    "I don't need every combiner," I said.
    "What's a few premium figures," I said.

20170412_204615.jpg

... Needless to say I'll probably be selling some more stuff next go round.

• Like Like x 3
  8. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Got mine from Amazon.co.jp and no issues with no barrel plug. Doubt anyone even bothered to look at it, though DHL (or someone in the shipping chain) managed to bash up the outer box pretty well. Luckily the MP box itself was in good condition.

9. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The Thunderwing combiner head is the only bad thing about the whole set. I did end up slapping on the left over Bruticus head, since I went PE for Bruticus, and redubbed the combiner Ruination.

10. einhazard

T-Hybrid: "3rd party is too expensive"
    T-Hybrid after having a kid: "HECK YEAH I'LL DROP THREE HUNDRED BUCKS ON A CW SET"
    XD XD XD XD

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Every figure I've bought since 2016 has been funded by selling other things. (Plus I vowed to only break the 3P seal for Poseidon and I'm sticking to that)

See I'm the opposite. The best thing about CW (and UW) were the completely random characters who got pulled into the chaos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. einhazard

Yeah but it's funnier my way. :D 

13. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I not opposed to a Thunderwing head, just that Thunderwing head.

14. Riddler87

Riddler87 Well-Known Member

I spotted one Broadside at Midway Target last night, oh and RID Soundwave and Blurr.

15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    "Sure, put it back on the shelf. Repackage pricing? *pfft* Snowflake."

20170413_205935.jpg

16. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I got him from BBTS. Posted a while back how easy the orange plug came out, too. Like they maybe used rubber cement or something as it looks and smells like it. Just will have to scrape some residue out of the barrels, and its good to go.

Also bought Broadside and Yooka-Laylee yesterday from Coon Rapids Target. Broadside's jet mode is so laughable, but Yooka-Laylee is pretty much the N64 style collectathon game people asked for. The problem...the camera and gameplay from the N64 followed it. >_O Game is a pain and not cause I suck at the game, but the camera can outright kill you.

17. einhazard

That's pretty much what I heard about YL. Too bad, looked good. I'm on game hiatus until I finish editing my 3rd book, but I've got a lot of stuff to get through before even trying YL (Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, Mass Effect, etc). I'm still digging Broadside... I did the tailfin swap, but it only looked good in jet mode so I swapped it back. Still on the fence. SO MANY DECALS, though! Like, it seems like there's more and more as TR goes on, and while I don't hate it, these figures will not last (makes sense for the collector line)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  18. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

Titans Deluxe wave 4 just went up for preorder at TFsource. At $84.99 for all 5.

Titans Return 2017 - Deluxe Wave 4 - Set of 5

You can also get just the three Autobots for $54.99. Listed as available in April, so hopefully they'll be in brick and mortar soon as well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Some day TCP will sell singles.

(I'll keep my fingers crossed Topspin gets repacked with Twintwist and Windblade next wave)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  20. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Anybody seen RID Skywarp or any of TLK stuff?