Minimates!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Primevil, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

If Art Asylum made minimates like the ones you made, I'd never have ebayed all of em. Those are amazing customs, Tenime.

2. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

News Credits:
    i made the mistake of picking up some of the dc ones on clearance and now i want all of them. i got Ares, wonder woman, nightwing,starfire, flash and grodd. i love them
    I've only recently started gettin into the flash stuff so can anyone tell me whats with the see through skull head thing that comes with grodd?

3. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    :lol 

Thanks, man! :D 

4. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    This is how I spent my Sunday (with a 2 hour break for Indy & The Crystal Skull). It's a near finished work in progress...

[​IMG]

I Photoshopped in the ones I don't have yet, like the Movie armors, the Gold Avenger, and War Machine.

The headless body on the right is in the hopes that underneath the Iron Monger helmet, there's an Obadiah Stane head. Jarvis was just a Bruce Wayne with Hannibal Lecter (blue jumpsuit) head. The bottle of liquor came with BSG Baltar, and the chalice from Loki.

Rhodey is just going to be standing somewhere, like Jarvis & Stane. Hmm...probably could've Photoshopped him in, huh? Oh, well. Hopefully I'll have the Movie Mates soon enough... The mass of translucent blue in front of Tony was an attempt at a holographic display, hence why the chair is there.

Ignore the clock on the third floor. I haven't been able to find the hands in any of the bags from the two C3 Batcaves. I'm trying to get my hands on some more Chemical Warehouses, so I can finish the railing up there, too.

Also, yeah, I noticed I hadn't finished the left third floor support beam when I took the picture...it's fixed now... :rolleyes: 

I'm hoping the Spider-Armor doesn't look like it's being held captive. I wanted it to look "cloth-like," as if it were hanging.

Peter's checking out his new threads:

[​IMG]

The Holographic Display:

[​IMG]

I'm going to put some translucent stickers on there with pictures of suit diagnostics...

Tools:

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's blurry...my camera sucks, whaddya want?

Lab coat:

[​IMG]

Suit controls on both floors:

[​IMG]

Equipment storage (PDAs, cell phones, etc.):

[​IMG]

Ladder from the second floor to the third:

[​IMG]

And, there's a hole in the roof (with landing lights) for easy take off from the second floor:

[​IMG]

Venom on the outside of the building:

[​IMG]

Modern Thor Lazy-Boy-Custom flying overhead:

[​IMG]

Painted the chest RT on Stealth Armor red:

[​IMG]

(It was yellow before...yuck!)

The staircase on the left has a hinge, so it can cover/uncover the Rogers Memorial underneath:

[​IMG]

LBC Bucky Cap:

[​IMG]

This is filling in until I can make a proper Winter Soldier/New Cap...

The Iron Man Movie Minimates are out, and should be at my comic shop, waiting for me, and the Avengers box set with Gold Mark I is due out next Wednesday (the 29th). As soon as all the armors are in there - with the addition of War Machine, who'll be out November 12th - I'll take more detailed pictures of the finished product. Also, if I can get my hands on another Movie Mark II (it's the variant, hence more expensive), I'm going to make the Captain America armor... :D 

EDIT: Crap. Just remembered. The battle-damaged, "winged" Movie Mark III won't be out until December... :confused2 

I'll still have updated pics before then...

5. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow looks like you had a lot of fun there haha, pretty cool

6. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

You desecrated the sacred Stealth Iron Man?! Egads!

Seeing Monkeydluffy's post and signature reminds me of my own experiences. I am a Blue Beetle fiend, and because of that, bought the Blue Beetle/Booster Gold pack last year. It was all downhill from there. Now I've got hundreds of Minimates.

7. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    :lol 

But...but...but, the yellow was so ugly!! And, it didn't match!! *sob*

8. karamazov80

Guys, please do the right thing, and help me get Storm chosen as a figure int the forthcoming Secret Wars box set. She initially had a heavy lead (along with Captain Marvel), but the backlash against another Spidey variant, and the ensuing drive to include Beyonder had the unfortunate side-effect of kicking her out. Please do it, for the children.

Art Asylum Blog Poll: Secret Wars Minimates!

9. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    So I've bought a couple of Minimates recently and I have to say, they have come a long way since they first started out. The detail on some of these are great. Plus, all these new Mini-sculpts are awesome, especially the Terrordogs from the Ghostbuster line. I picked up the Ghostbusters wave 2 (and TRU exclusives) minimates today. Snatched them all up while I had the chance to get them all in one swoop. Besides the Marvel figures, I think this new Ghostbuster line is starting to become my new favorite Minimate series.

Somehow I totally missed wave 27 of the Marvel series. I picked up wave 28 at the comic shop last week. Deadpool and Gambit look sweet. And from the looks of it, the next couple of waves look like must-haves for me. Can't wait.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    ...I don't think you could begin to imagine how much I hate you right now.
    I went to 4 fucking stores looking for that Deadpool, no one had him. So how is he?

11. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know, I don't open them! :D  :lol  But he looks cool. Well let me know if you need him, the comic shop I go to still had like 2 Deadpool packs available, but for $9.99 each.

I was looking through eBay and noticed that there was a 4 pack boxset of the Ghostbusters Minimates that had come out a few months back. How could I have missed that?! Probably the same way I missed out on wave 27 of the Marvel Minimates. :lol 

12. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    damn that Deadpool mate looks incredible :drool: 

13. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since we are here...Any more word on those Battle Beast Minimates? I want to buy the hell out of those!

14. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    I only get Iron man versions and the current original armor one pisses me off. I already have Tony Stark War machine and it was a variant at the time! So now i have to buy an extra regular release of the variant because it comes with a new figure? Screw you minimates!

Although I am pleased with the constipated eye popping Ultimate Hulk that comes with Ult iron man!

15. karamazov80

At SDCC, one was posed with the cardboard diorama/set thing that they're trying to sell. Personally, I don't think it will sell at the price ($25), but it is listed as coming with a Battle Beast on some websites, though I don't think DST confirmed it. We haven't really heard much beyond that, though.

As for wave 28. Hell yeah it's awesome. Loving every single figure in the wave. This will be the most popular wave, possibly ever of Minimates. With Champions Angel, the figures in this wave, the Beasts coming out soon, and the Excalibur Kitty Pryde, my complete, iconic X-Men team will be approaching completion. We still need Banshee, though, and updates of
    several figures like brown Wolvie and Colossus.

Regarding Wreckgar's post, both TRU Iron Men were actually slightly modified re-releases. The "Classic" Iron Man was released in wave 25 with an AIM Trooper. The War Machine Mark I you are referring to was not, however, the variant in wave 23. It was the common figure. The variant was the Rhodey Mark II War Machine.

In other Minimates-related news, I recently had a set of Teen Titans commissioned by the master customizer Luke314pi, and love them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I love that TRU exclusive Moonstone Minimate. Passed on the only time I found her and now when I'm ready to buy her the only TRU in the area is always sold out.

17. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Just picked these up at TRU, my first mates, love em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

^^^ Want!

I just cant find the Ghostbusters Minimates! Even online they are sold out all the time!

19. karamazov80

[​IMG]

I've got the Amazon pack, SDCC blank, Evil Faced Stay Puft bank, and some of the newer TRU ones too, but no pics yet. This was my dream Minimate license, and the figures are just too fantastic.

You can actually check out my review of the Gooey Ray/Exploding Stay Puft pack here.

20. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

Show off...

Anyway I ordered a few Marvel ones from TRU. Cant wait for them to get here.