2D Artwork: Minimalist Animated Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by SaberPrime, Jul 22, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I've had these image I created a few years ago in an art style I didn't even know had a name at the time. Anyway it started out with just Animated Blitzwing and then I made a "what if" character and recolored it. I guess you can call it Shattered Glass Blitzwing though at the time SG didn't exist and I was taking to calling it Dreadwing.

I would like to take requests so if anyone wants any character from any series done this way just leave a post. If you don't like the minimalist art style then leave a post with your least favorite character, that works too. ;) 

Update inspired by everyone who doesn't get why I say the Faces in Prime are bland and uninteresting.

The images are in order... G1 Megatron and Starscream, Armada Megatron and Starscream, Energon Megatron and Starscream, Cybertron Megatron and Starscream, Animated Megatron and Starscream, Prime Megatron and Starscream. I was going to do the movie as well but I think they have WAY too much detail for this style.

Some of these didn't translate well into the art style and ended up with freakishly huge faces that make them look fat. G1 Starscream ended up looking more like SG Bumblebee.

And the Prime are based on what you can see in standard definition... which is no detail. They don't even have noses just recolored. I took Megatron's color scheme from the Dark Energon powered version so that's why all the bright purple. You can pretty much make any character in Prime by just recoloring that image.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think this is great. :thumb 

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Thanks, any requests?