Minicons as tools

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Locke, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    In the thread about the Classics minicons, I made a comment about getting a Perceptor or Reflector minicon scaled for use by the larger bots, and the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of Minicons with a 'tool mode'. It seems that the minicons that have a weapon mode (either solo or combined) are generally popular in the fandom, so would anyone else be interested in minicon tools? While I certainly like the combat aspects of the Transformers mythos, I wouldn't mind having something else for my bots to do as well.

2. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any idea that gets us more Mini-cons is a good idea to me.:D 

3. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

I think the idea rocks. and they can make team combination like 3 minicons turning into a giant sledge hammer or Jack hammer. but on another note, it be cool if they even made some beast minicons. cant be that hard to make a rhino, bat, lion or jaguar, they would make sweet homage to G1 Blasters Steeljaw and Ramhorn, and Soundwaves Ratbat and Ravage.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd rather have target master minicons. Not just guns, but also melee weapons. I'd preffer if they were unencombered by vehicle modes, though. Just a robot and weapon.

Of course, some analog of cassettes for a new Soundwave.

5. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

I love the idea, mini-cons that have a thrid mode are the best and ones that combine to make larger bots are pretty cool as well. I'm a HUGE fan of combiners, I who love to even see even more then just three combine. But back to the topic at hand tool would be prett sweet!!!

6. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC, in the Armada cartoon, the Mini-cons were originally intended as tools. By that logic, I don't see a reason why quite a few of them wouldn't have the shape of an actual tool (or maybe even a fictitous one such as a sonic screwdriver).

Some tools make damn good weapons, too. A nice giant hammer is equally useful in construction or destruction (just noticed somebody already mentioned giant sledge hammer in the thread, so I know I'm not saying something that people consider outrageous). Drills work too, and some more futuritic ideas, like an energy-sheathed chainsaw, vibro-blade, etc.

I could easily get behind mini-cons with a purely tool or weapon-based alt. mode. Weapons are easier to make, but multi-purpose tools are (like a hammer) a neater idea as far as I'm concerned.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Dude, I LOVE that idea!! A highly articulate mini robot who has either weapon or tool mode, but no vehicle mode. It makes more sense then having some smaller car or vehicle hanging off of a bigger car or vehicle.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Minicons are nearly always represented as tool-type 'bots, so I'm all for it. Would be cool if we could get some TFs who could be like some of the tool-type accessories of the different Super Robot shows - a TF-styled Dividing Driver or Dimension Pliers would be extremely fun as a concept.
    I'd go for it too if it meant a new Reflector.

9. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I think the idea of minicons without vehicle modes works very well for us, but I'm afraid it might be a harder sell to children/parents. Certainly, the tool/weapon mode generally suffers because of the vehicle mode, but as long as it looks reasonably close to what it's supposed to look like, the third mode adds quite a bit of play value. If the minicon is packaged with a larger bot, that isn't such a big deal, but it matters more if the only way we're going to be getting minicons is in the twin packs.

10. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    good call.

also, i'd like to see a space explorer minicon team (rover, lander and shuttle) and....

BEAST MINICONS!!! AS PETS!!!(than i wouldnt be so gypped for not affording beast HMs and cassettes XD)

11. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'd take beast minicons, only if their main companion is a larger beast bot or were sold in a versus two-pack.