Minicon History

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Alpha Prime, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

I thought that the Minicons were created by Unicron and sent to Cybertron then to Earth (Armada)

But in the Cybertron Episode "Balance" #33, Vector Prime states that they are from the Giant Planet, I guess via the ship with the Cyber Planet Key.

So did Unicron or Primus create the Minicons???

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

lots of things lost in translation. I would go with what suits you best

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

That and the series are not tied together.

4. megakid99

megakid99 Member

Ebay:
    I agree with Zero Prime about this one!

5. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Maybe two different groups of minicons? The minicons in armada didnt align themselves really with sides, besides after being "captured" yet the cybertron minicons seem to either be autobots or decepticons themselves.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    a) This is what happens when you try to fit a series from a different continuity onto the end of an existing continuity.

2) Who cares what Armada said? That show sucked.

7. Alpha Prime

Aramda was 10 years before Energon, and Energon was 10 years before Cybertron, thus it IS in the same "continuity" -Please correct me if I am wrong.

Armada is my favorite season of transformers & the last episode, #52 "Mortal Combat", is my favorite episode.

8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    They are in the same continuity, but because Galaxy Force doesn't continue from Super Link, the dubbing is hard to pull off.

I like to think the mini-cons are a race of transformers like Autobots and Decpticons. And in the same way Primus created his own Transformers, Unicron did the same. So some Mini-Cons are Primus spawned (Safegaurd, all the Giant Planet ones) and others are from Unicron (uh, all Armada ones ha). Eh, kinda makes sense right? Primus made Megatron... Unicron made Sideways... It almost fits.

9. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Or the Minicons were made by Unicron before the space bridge project and the Giant Planet Minicons left on the ship to giant planet and like the other Transfromers on the Speed and Beast Planets forgot their origions

Also the Collector's Club comic hints a 20 year period between Energon and Cybertron

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Bingo.

11. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

and of the micromasters

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Different time lines in the japanese version.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i like the theory that minicons evolved from each of the 2 'gods' and thats my take on it....cybertron minicons were created by primus, but theres not many because he ended up making larger ones who were more what he needed....likewise, unicron made a ton of mini's then figured out a way to get some of primus' transformers to aide him in his quest....ie, sideways, soundwave, and the armada 4 horsemen....

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a good place to ask...
    Re: GF vs. Cybertron Enlglish dub, in the recent Balance episode when they referenced the death of Unicron throwing off the good/evil balance in the universe, how did that go in Japanese since Unicron from Micron Legend and Superlink isn't the the GF continuity?

15. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I still say that Cybertron toys and bios are from the Armadaverse. But the series is a universe all its own. Hell, Cybertron has more tie ins with G1 that with Armada.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They said much the same thing, but with more subtlety. Essentially, it was implied that "in a distant time", "a great evil" was exterminated, and that this led to the imbalance between good and evil that created the Grand Black Hole.

WARNING - The rest of this has some very mild spoilers.

Now, as for the Minicons, in Galaxy Force they're later explained as a divergent evolution - they are, in fact, more like Micromasters than Minicons. While the Giant TFs grew larger and larger, they needed something to perform the fine detail jobs. Hence they evolved Minicons as partners to the larger Giants. That's why only the Giant Planet guys have Minicon partners.

This flies in the face of the Armada origin, of course. You could argue that the Minicons, existing in the past of Cybertron inspired the inhabitants of the Giant Planet to make their own Minicons to act as partners to them, based on a memory of home and the smaller, "smart tool" robots they left behind. I guess you could also use this explanation to retcon out any other inconsistencies in the Minicons between the two series.

17. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

I think I got it... they all came from Hasbro's R&D :lol 

Seriously, I like the old Dreawave treatment of mini-cons in the Armada comics. Not the one from the Energon saga though...

18. Darth Galvatron

Darth Galvatron Guest

I was kind of wondering that same thing. I don't even know which one I prefer...

Some spoilers....

In Cybertron when they get to Giant planet they introduce the mini cons, but only to say that they help the bigger bots complete the construction jobs. What ever happened to linking a minicon for more power? It is almost like cybertron acts like a precursor to Armada and Energon. It would be cool if someone did a fan fic about the transformers finding the powers of the minicons and exploiting them for it, just a thought.

19. Alpha Prime

Yeah, that makes good sense.

20. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, whatever the final origin of the Mincons/Microns, I'll miss then when they are gone since this may be the last line to have them. I must admit, I was skeptical when they where first introduced in Armada as they were first compared to Pokemon. "Gotta Catch 'Em All!":lol 

Anyway, I've come to like them. Transformers look good sporting some of them and they don't take up much space. It's even still cool finding that some of the GF/CYB TFs have Minicon pegs. It'a a very easy, low-cost way to customize a Transfomer.:thumbs2: