Minor/Repaint: minibot project part 8: tailgate

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ckhtiger, Sep 3, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

well, you can't have one minibot without it's repaint, right? so here's clocker into windcharger's brother, swerve. the white was real hard to do on the orange of his arms. there's more coats on that than I care to count. and unfortunately, it rubs off when you transform him, but on the backs of his elbows, so you don't really notice it. I know tailgate had black wheels and windshield, but I just couldn't bear painting over the cool clear blue plastic.

such an unremarkable g1 toy, but I think the color scheme works out real well with this mold. let me know what you think of this, and the rest of the project, three of which I'm posting tonight, and the rest can be found in the subfolder "classics minibots" in the "my customs" link in my sig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I like that green/dark teal you used. And yes, white on orange sucks. next time, on the parts that rub, sand them a bit to take away a layers that will be replaced by the layers of paint.

3. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Looks great. Are there any of the repaints of this mold that, the arms, would work with this? Then if you didn't paint the elbow joint it wouldn't be as noticeable.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I was going to say no, since there was just clocker and swerve. then I remembered they used this for tigatron and cheetor, in last year's botcon set, but neither of them would work either ;) 

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This guy looks nice too! You're on a roll! :) 

6. manyoufactsure

How about the dark grey arms of Swerve/Windcharger would be better than orange. Wasn't there a car released with the movie scouts? Or was that just the bike, dunebuggy and jet?

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

perhaps, but as it is, I'm quite fine with the way he looks now. it just took 5 coats of paint, that's all.

8. manyoufactsure

Nevermind anyhow. I'm thinking of the wrong piece. Swerve would be redish instead of orange. No better. It looks good and your happy with it. that's all that matters.

9. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thats pretty cool. I loved my G1 Tailgate

JL