Minor/Repaint: minibot project part 6: powerglide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ckhtiger, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I've had this guy done for about a month now, but haven't wanted to post it because I painted his grey the wrong color. basically I ordered the wrong grey (jn instead of ja, on the tamiya chart) and didn't realize how off it was until I started painting it. but since it will be a long time before I get the right stuff, here's the pics. once I actually finish him, I'll tidy up the red that ended up on his waist, of course. all credit for inspiration goes to manyoufacture, and eventually I'll be doing some minibot repaints he hasn't done yet ;) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

Woah!!!!! great job :thumb 

3. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

Woah!!!!! great job :thumb 

4. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome. I had that idea like two years ago, but forgot and actually lost the toy before I started. Nice job. I would paint his helmet red, but the way you did it is really cool

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome. I had that idea like two years ago, but forgot and actually lost the toy before I started. Nice job. I would paint his helmet red, but the way you did it is really cool

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! I agree the head should be red.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice! I agree the head should be red.

8. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The red on the fuselage is very well done and jumps out nice and clearly. Looks good!

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    The red on the fuselage is very well done and jumps out nice and clearly. Looks good!

10. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I was looking at thins figure and thought he would make a good powerglide. Great paint job!
    Loving you're updates to G1 minibots

11. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I was looking at thins figure and thought he would make a good powerglide. Great paint job!
    Loving you're updates to G1 minibots

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

for you guys who said that the head should be red, would you mean the outside, and leave the face grey, or paint the guns red, or what?

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

for you guys who said that the head should be red, would you mean the outside, and leave the face grey, or paint the guns red, or what?

14. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

[​IMG]

Well, as you can see, G1 Powerglide also had a gun(?) on his head so I'd for sure paint that. Face--or at least the mouth area--to stay grey.

15. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

[​IMG]

Well, as you can see, G1 Powerglide also had a gun(?) on his head so I'd for sure paint that. Face--or at least the mouth area--to stay grey.

16. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the credit ckhtiger. It looks great. I hadn't seen anything from you lately and thought maybe you had stopped your minibot project. Good to see your still working on it. That grey almost looks like the prototype color grey. on my monitor.

I'm not sure what area those others want red but the minibot Powerglide had a grey face inset into the bottom of the, red, aircraft nose. You could paint the head red/face grey or leave the whole thing grey. Its up to you.

From the few people I did meet at Botcon, I wish I had met up with you and others, while there. I had a great time and plan on attending again.

Great job on Powerglide. Keep those minibots coming.

17. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for the credit ckhtiger. It looks great. I hadn't seen anything from you lately and thought maybe you had stopped your minibot project. Good to see your still working on it. That grey almost looks like the prototype color grey. on my monitor.

I'm not sure what area those others want red but the minibot Powerglide had a grey face inset into the bottom of the, red, aircraft nose. You could paint the head red/face grey or leave the whole thing grey. Its up to you.

From the few people I did meet at Botcon, I wish I had met up with you and others, while there. I had a great time and plan on attending again.

Great job on Powerglide. Keep those minibots coming.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man this looks REALLY nice! I love all of the choices for color you've made for him (I like the gray on the head for contrast) and it looks like you've had fun making these! You and myfs have really done nice things with the Energon toys homaging G1; props to you both!

My only suggestion (and you'll see now how far to the nitty gritty we are here), I'd take some alcohol (and be CAREFUL!) and clean up that front landing gear and the waistplate. Get some Q-tips and just be VERY conservative with your application of alcohol (you don't want to get any on the red!). Aside from that, that's about the only advice I can offer. :wink: 

Great work man! :thumb 

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man this looks REALLY nice! I love all of the choices for color you've made for him (I like the gray on the head for contrast) and it looks like you've had fun making these! You and myfs have really done nice things with the Energon toys homaging G1; props to you both!

My only suggestion (and you'll see now how far to the nitty gritty we are here), I'd take some alcohol (and be CAREFUL!) and clean up that front landing gear and the waistplate. Get some Q-tips and just be VERY conservative with your application of alcohol (you don't want to get any on the red!). Aside from that, that's about the only advice I can offer. :wink: 

Great work man! :thumb 

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, it's too bad I didn't know you were going , it woulda been nice to meet up. I had taken a bit of a break, been kinda busy, but also started (and finished, basically) my classics thundercracker. of course, with botcon huffer out, I kinda got lucky and now don't have to make one of my own. so all that's left is brawn (gotta get a new overhaul, ruined the one I had trying to get the stripes off), outback, windcharger, and tailgate. pipes and wheelie I'm not making too big of a fuss over, since they're basically armorhide and lugnutz, and it looks like cosmos is gonna come out next year.