Minor/Repaint: minibot project part 10: brawn

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ckhtiger, Oct 28, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

so after quite a while, here's the last full repaint. it took forever for me to figure out what to do with this guy. I had initially just been planning on keeping overhaul's original color, and just stripping the gold stripes off of the side. but after much scraping and rubbing with 91% alcohol, all I succeeded in doing was gouging the plastic and turning it a hazy shade. so I started looking at testors' military colors and found this--panzer grunwald (or something like that). I think it matches brawn's green quite well. I know there's the big hole in his chest that some might think looks better with the big missile in there, but for now, I'm just leaving the weapons and cyberkeys out of these guys.

the rest of my minibots can be seen by just searching this forum for "minibot project," if anyone is interested and hasn't seen them before. part 9 was his twin, outback. of course, I'd like to give props to manyoufacture for being my inspiration for most of this project, superquad7 for always helping with painting advice, and everyone else who's ever commented on my repaints. the only others I have left to do are wheelie and pipes, who will just be minor repaints of cyb. lugnutz and armorhide. as always, comments and critiques are welcome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Love the detail work, guy. Looks real good.

3. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Another, excellent, addition to your customs, ckhtiger. The only thing I would reccomend is to add some paint to the head lights and other lights. it might vary from the origonal G1 look of Brawn but the figure seems out of place with those molded details being the same color. I also wanted to mention how I got around the chest hole. I shortened the missle length so the missile could be inserted without sticking out the back. Just don't let any children play with this one.

Thanks for the props. Your doing great and it's good to see you posting something new on the board.

4. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Solid paint apps ! ...SOLID !

Great pics btw !

5. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

The vehicle mode is a nice homage to the G1. Way to go :) 

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    looks excellent. I'm surprised you didnt' remove the claws though.

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

nah, brawn always had funky arms anyway, so I figure the claws work to represent them. the reason for the lack of detail in the vehicle mode is indeed the same as all the others -- that I wanted to have the alt. modes be even more closely resemble the g1 versions in that respect.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed. Also, I would liked to have seen you mod those elbows with some ball joints (*hollers at Devy*).

Aside from those nitpicks, this guy really rocks! Great job man! Keep up the good work! :thumb 

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    is the alt mode paint apps finished? needs highlights.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

yeah, on these I intentionally only do the same paint apps on alt. mode that the g1 minibots had.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    since you kept the claws, you can rename him brawn, BLAW, hehe.

i got nuthin.