Customs: Mini/Micro Pushbutton Switches

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by project9, Nov 4, 2010.

1. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Hey folks. I figured I'd throw this question out there for all the LED experts. I'm trying to find a mini/micro pushbutton switch but an on/off switch and not a momentary one. I've scavenged a few from some figures but they're all momentary/trigger switches (look like the attached pic).

Does anyone know where to find an on/off switch small enough to stick inside a TF? I want to replace a firing missile with an LED but want to repurpose the firing button/trigger to hit the mini switch. I'm not a fan of momentary LED features (looking at you MP Grimlock) and would rather try it on/off.

Thanks everyone!

Attached Files:

2. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

Computer shops that specialize in modding are your best bet for LED's and switches. I'm pretty sure you can get something the same size and shape that locks into the on position when pressed. There's also typical on/off toggle switches, but they're a little bigger and uglier.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    radio shack...all sizes, all types.

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

That was my first thought but I couldn't find anything on their site. And most of their stuff was like $4 for 1 or 2.

I was thinking something more along the lines of this: [ebay]380231250345[/ebay]