Customs: Mini-con Armor?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Autobot Burnout, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Hey everybody, I have a question that I need some input on. I may have a commission sometime in the future to make a custom out of Cyb. Sideways, which is mainly repainting and modding the head. However, there's a catch request in this custom: the guy who wants it says he would like for this figure to have a mini-con that turned into armor as well as a robot and vehicle, although emphasis being on the robot and armor modes. I think I know how to do that without connection ports thanks to embedded magnets, but the question comes about WHICH mini-con to use. I'm thinking any one of the Armada Race Car team mini-cons, since they combined into the Skyboom shield but individually wouldn't look to bad as armor, but I've never modded a mini-con outside repairing Armada Sonar's back/sword hilt, so I ask you guys: what mini-con would be good as armor?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Might wanna tell us exactly what part of Sideways the armor is going on first? That might help.

3. Autobot Burnout

I think the right arm since the left has the side switching shield.

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    most minicons are held together via rivets. Doesn't really sound like something fun to make into a break-apart armor TF to me. hehehe

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Runway. No doubt. His arms and legs are on the bottom, and are very articulated, meaning it could just wrap around his arm, no mods needed.

De to people sometimes confusing Jetstorm and Runway, Ranway's the blue one (middle part of the sword).

It's a very convincing shield. About as convincing as the Star Saber is as a sword. Plus, the clear wings have a very Planet X feel to them, and should be a good match to Sideways jet form.

What is the proposed cutom? Scourge and a tiny Sweep? i.e. Better than Botcon?

6. Autobot Burnout

Actually, the idea is that the mini-con doesn't break apart, just turns into a single armor plate or something and just normaly powerlinxes into the other arm. I want to know which mini-con would look good as a single peice of armor attached to a bigger robot, and that's why I thought of one of the mini-cons from the Skyboom Shield.

The middle part? That's Jetstorm, not Runway. But I see where you're going with this, and I can see how that would work, it's just that Sideway's left arm is wider then the middle of the mini-con body that powerlinxes into the arm.

As for the custom, all I know is that the figure is supposed to look like nightwatch prime, complete with modded head (but a visor instead of eyes). I don't know much else, not even the name.