Mini-Con Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thenatureboywoo, Nov 5, 2010.

1. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I've always wanted to start a Mini-Con discussion/picture thread. So today I fgured, "What the heck". I know alot of you dudes and dudettes are closet Mini-Con fans. And I figures we should have a thread so we can talk about the really cool ones as well as the really stupid or dumb ones. Post a pic if you want too. I love seeing everyone's pics of unique ones and piles and drawers full of them. Maybe we could find the TFW2005 member with the most and make him/her a cookie or something. :lol 

My collection is only around 26-28 with the new PCC ones. So I guess I'll get the ball rollin' here with my pic of my PCC Mini-Cons. Many of you have probably seen it in the cool things thread. And I'll be looking forward to showing off more of mine and seeing yours.

[​IMG]
    Power Core Combiners Mini Cons by thenatureboywoo, on Flickr

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Pinpoint and Backwind are the best of the bunch. I'd really like to get the Razorbeam repaint of Chopster, but I don't want that Skyburst repaint.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Caliburst, Chainclaw, Pinpoint are my favorites.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Like Backwind and Searchlight, I suspect Pinpoint and Throttler got their names mixed up too.

Throttler seems more appropriate for a Mini-Con that transforms into an engine block. Pinpoint is more appropriate for a giant drill.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    While these PCC Mini-Con look really cool because of the Translucent plastic, I wish see could get some upcoming that have an alt-mode that isn't a weapon. It would be cool to go back to Armada and pick out a sturdy one and give it the Translucent makeover or make an all new one that is a vehicle alt mode of some type.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think it would work with PCC. And anyway, I like that Targetmaster quality.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    My collection is in the hundreds. I have all of them except for a handful.

I might as well post this here but if anyone has the Caliber Team or some DVD Microns (particularly from the Sea, Emergency, or Air Assault Teams) for sale, please let me know.

This picture is from 3 years ago and even then I couldn't fit them all out on the table. I probably have 200+ more at this point.
    (excuse the table cloth and junk in the back ground, we were in the process of moving)
    [​IMG]

8. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

The Targetmaster-ish Mini-Cons from Armada were my favorite. The Nighthawk-ish one that turned into a giant throwing star too.

Why did I sell those?

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I really need to get some Armada style Mini-Cons. I missed out on those K-Marts packs.

10. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    The new ones on the red cards are pretty cool. A few are repaints of the old ones, while a few are repaints of new molds made during the classics era. I have the Backhoe "Panhandler", he is really cool.

11. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The only ones I have are Jolt and Cop-Tur.

12. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^:lol  the only reason I haven't burned my Universe 2.0 Jolt is because he helps pad my Mini-Con count. If there is one worse than him and Cop-Tur, I'd love to hear about it so I can stay away.

13. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

The Race Mini-Con team looks pretty terrible.

14. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    You mean the 10 pack one? That one rotted on the shelf around here for months, they had at least 5 boxes, and as soon as they put it on clearance it just up and vanished. Was surprised at how fast it went, to be honest.

You didn't really miss a lot... I'd say only the T-Rex, taxi, wolf and the Swoop looking guy were worth it out of that pack. The rest of the figures have crappy looking robot modes and don't stand worth a damn. I paid somewhere around $12 for it, and it was worth that for the 4 or 5 out of 10 that were worth it.

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I know, I kept putting it off and now I can't find either box set anywhere.

16. shizen22

shizen22 Subaru's drill punch

News Credits:
    I really liked the Mini-Cons as additional firepower accessories to the bigger bots but not in the way PCC implemented them with no alt mode whatsoever. My favorites are the triple changers like the rescue team and deluxe Armada Prime's Over-Run.

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Love minicons, this was mine that was posted in the minicon group 5 months ago.

361 different microns
    3 luckydraw micron (not in picture)
    7 prototype microns (not in picture)
    pcc stuff (not in picture)
    new 8 pack (not in picture)

[​IMG]

18. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I only got a few of the PCC ones: Chopster, Throttler, and Backwind. Chopster's my favorite, as he actually looks like he has four modes (bot, axe, armor, turret). Throttler and Backwind only seem to have two distinct, not-just-awkwardly-posing modes (bot and 'main' weapon/tool).

I like how Throttler and Chopster take color cues from their partner. It gives them a team feeling without being too uniform. Too bad Backwind doesn't seem to do the same with Searchlight.

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I love the PCC minicons because their superposeable. my favorite is the yellow sports cars minicon that transforms into a powermaster.

I Love the classics 2.0 animal/bot minicons because they look cool.

the only armada minicons I like are the ones that transform into targetmaster styled weapons like megatrons minicons. love the minicon headmasters from armada sideways & energon omega supreme. love some of the breastforce armada minicons like tidalwaves minicon.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Armada Backtrack, Terradive (AKA robot Gene Simmons), & Thunderwing are awesomenessitude. I also like that Classics A-10 one, clown shoes and all.