2D Artwork: Mine & DON's collaboration (Pre-DW)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by AutoCon2076, Nov 13, 2007.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Aside from the Don Figueroa artwork I posted earlier, here is another piece of Don's artwork I came across. The picture is titled "Anthrax Vs. Scraptor" - the blue jet being Anthrax, my first OC Transformers character I actually put work into. I sent a rough draft to Don and he redrew it as you see below; fighting his own character Scraptor.

This was done sometime back in '99-00, when I was still in High School. Pencils done by Don Allen Figueroa (the Dreamwave guy) - colors were done by yours truly. Lemme know what you think.

~Z
    "Redeemer V was an old AOL name. I loved the concept of Redeemer from the Spawn comics. Im not too sure where the V came from..."

[​IMG]

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don sure has gotten better.

3. transgilgal

transgilgal Member

Nice. Too bad he's not doing Transformers anymore. I mean all that effort was given by him and got me interested back in comics.

4. gdpwatson

gdpwatson Well-Known Member

Practise makes perfect eh?

Don's later bots all look like them pump serious weights down at the local gym whereas this earlier picture shows a more streamlined less detailed approach.

Whilst i love his chunky heavier style it's interesting to see some of his early stuff.

But we're not here to talk about Don. Cool pic AutoCon, although i did a search of the forums and can't find any recent examples of your work. What's the dealeo?

5. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

wow

me likey alot

-chubbz

6. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

wow, interesting how much I mean much he has improved. Good to see this, it give starting artist alot of hope.