Minor/Repaint: Mindwipe with HM Vorath (and a Batface)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Jun 28, 2010.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Just took some photos of my ROTF Mindwipe figure with the mods I wanted and with the Bat mods inspired by SMOG

I started out with a simple head replacement using 1 of Armada Sideways Headmasters(no mods).

Then I separated the cockpit from the knives and removed the movie lettering.

Finally saw the Bat mode and added wing paint and a Bat head (Bat face cannot be hidden so I haven't glued it on yet. Not certain if I want to).

Enough talk. Here's the pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just use the front of the toes to hang up side down. No need to modify landing gear, like SMOG did. (unless you want to)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vorath is VERY back heavy with the Bathead. Bare stands up.
    [​IMG]

Headmaster fits underneath. It just makes clearance with the Bat head. It has more room without. The neck joint is what keeps it tucked away.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I love vorath. hes a bit leggy in bat mode I like how you got the bat head to work but its a bit toony. good stuff overall!

3. JacobPGalvatron

JacobPGalvatron Storm Trooper #1

That's pretty cool.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really like this :thumb 

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Nice! Vorath is pretty sweet!

I agree with some of the other comments though... the legs seem a bit long in the bat mode. If you don't want to mod the figure at all, you can always go half-way... something like this:

[​IMG]

Or folded up like this for flight mode?
    [​IMG]

zmog

6. manyoufactsure

Those are more great ideas but my windshield mod won't allow me to have the feet like that. I'll have to live with what I already have. Thanks

7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looks great. Love the HM Vorath.

8. SMOG

Yeah, I'm just noticing that your windshield mod involved more cutting that it appeared at first. Do the toes still have that little bit of rotation, or is that blocked by the windsheld on the foot?

zmog

9. manyoufactsure

I'm not sure of what rotation you mean. The feet just cannot sit as close together due to the angle created by the thighs being pushed outward, when the legs are folded up in front. The feet have all rotation and movement they came with, just the foot is wider due to the windshield being attached.
    I just have to split the cockpit before transforming, from jet to bot/bat mode, since the knives stay in place and the windshields move with the feet.

EDIT:I can put him in a kneeling position, to shorten the legs, and he can still hang that way. It just has the legs and feet sticking out in the back.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Brillance in plastic

11. SMOG

Yeah, sorry... I didn't have the toy in front of me for the last reply, so wasn't sure what I was looking at.

What I meant is that the feet have a tiny rotator joint in the middle of the foot, designed to allow it to pivot slightly when he's standing with his legs apart. If you give it a little twist, it allows the foot to double back on itself and fold up, sort of like my second pic there. I wasn't sure if attaching the windshield there might impede the rotator joint.

It's true that when you fold his legs up (bending at the knee) the angle forces a small overlap in the legs. You can get them pretty close together without actually overlapping, but with a bit of overlap, the asymmetry is pretty discreet.

I only made the suggestion because bats tend to have short, tiny legs, so with the longer, more extended legs, it made him look a little less "batty".

zmog