mind uploading in transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by redwolfbear, Jan 2, 2018.

1. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    as human characters go in transformers how would it go over with the fanbase over time if say a animated series were to explore the grim reality in which the transformers , their war and their human allies exist in?

that is to say that the series in question would go so far as to actually see ne of the main autobot allied human characters wounded such in a lifethreatenting way and manner that it either resulted in that person being permanently crippled in some way or otherwise have their body debilitated such by the traumatic expereince that the only way to actually save that person from suffering a long drawn out lingering and excruciatingly painful untimely death would be to literally upload that persons digitalized mind and memories and personality and attitude and personal psyche into a fully cybertronian body ,

that is to say that the only part of their original human body that would survive beyond its unnatural untimely death would be that persons mind /their soul , that person literallyt being fully cybered up into a full fledged cybertronian

that person who would under other such set of more so normal circumstances would be fully depressed and psychotic and suicidal for their grief and trauma and life debilitating injuries, but is instead in this present set of circumstances so fully committed to the autobot cause that that is literally their life line their nly eason to even continue to exist beyond the death of their original human body.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

Oof, yeah, switch some of that around and this is pretty much Professor Morris to a T...
    AF-27-4.jpg
    ... Not to imply that this is a bad discussion topic. I for one am very accepting of change but things like the game Soma or that short film series from Oats Studios or even Barry from the TV show Archer tend to disagree with me, I could definitely see someone suffering from some serious dissociation and mental trauma from essentially becoming a technological zombie. Even to someone as open-minded (and let's be honest, robo-phillic) as me the thought's still pretty scary.

4. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    and if say it instead played out in that person literally taking this tragedy in his life and makign it the very source of his power? to literally become the very first of a new breed of earth born autobot heroes(put most simply the guy being both a homage to but also in his way actually becoming a yuusha braves type hero in spirit )(put simply the guy can go on living indefinitely he is for all intents immortal so long as he has the will and the desire to go on living ,, the longer he goes on living the greater his ability to explore and to vary his abilities as a human cybertronian hybrid , the guys potential is essentially limitless for all intets (not god leverl reality warper powerful but still just reaosnbly so that he could be a game changer wild card sort of character , that is to say it is literally his will from which his incredible power originates from, (the guys willpower be so freaking sky high if anyone among the autobots could prove theirself worthy of being a green lantern it would be this guy folks )

5. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Autobot Spike has been done 30 years ago. Then we made Dany into a headmaster and encased him into Arcees head. Then the Japanese created the transector idea of the powermasters. It is more or less the same line of thinking as these things, just with different Scifi jargon.

Personally I am on the camp of "Leave humans out of this". They can be the happless victims of the war sure, but their involvement into that war has not been a source of joy, like ever :D 

• Like Like x 3
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    The best way I can see that happening is if it wasn't some kind of robocop thing but if such a team up would be benificial to both human and Cybertronian.
    Because then you would have humanity being sucked into this never ending civil war in an even more profound way than before with all that would entail.
    It's one of the things I loved about The Rebirth: The tragedy of yet another race being bound to this million year old conflict that continues to broaden it's scope until it eventually encompasses the entire universe.
    Now that is evil.